Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I read something from Damo I'm reminded of a wise piece of advice - only listen to the opinions of people whose opinion is worthy of respect
I mean can we really blame Damo? We take him through this roller coaster of a ride every year, that usually starts off as North finishing on the bottom the year before, North and Good Friday and low attendance numbers/ consequences of another Good Friday loss.

Then his ‘IF.. THEN’ moves to consistent loses as autumn takes full flight.

Then individual performances that show some shining light get a mention...

Then the team is playing well ‘but they’ve still only won two games and should have won the game against the pies and the Dee’s’.

Then Sheezel or Larkey gets some positive airtime..Damo is starting to get caught back into the pull of the North love. Coming to the end of winter.

And then we go and get flogged by like 120 points two games in a row to end the season.

The poor guy expresses waves and waves of emotions just throughout his yearly Friday piece.

I'll give credit to Damo in that he is and has been willing to delve into how shit we are and have been, and really break it down. Many others gloss over the specifics and express mindless optimism for the future.

But I still think he was a dibber dobber as a kid and sat at the front of the class, straight backed, like a w***er

Well, there is the case of Zak Butters, who Cornes feels is unworthy of consideration as Port Adelaide captain because he only signs 2-year extensions and doesn't commit long-term.

So this is the world according to Kane Cornes:
  • A club offers a long-term contract to a star player = BAD
  • Port Adelaide offers a long-term contract to a star player = GOOD
  • A star player (JHF) accepts a long-term offer = GOOD
  • A star player (Harry Sheezel) accepts a long-term offer = BAD
  • A star player (Zak Butters) only wants 2-year extensions rather than a long-term deal = BAD

Clearly, he thinks Port Adelaide should get every player it wants signed to long-term contracts and every other club should not be allowed to offer long-term contracts and every decent player in the league should not agree to long-term contracts unless it is with Port Adelaide.
He's nothing if not consistent.

I mean can we really blame Damo? We take him through this roller coaster of a ride every year, that usually starts off as North finishing on the bottom the year before, North and Good Friday and low attendance numbers/ consequences of another Good Friday loss.

Then his ‘IF.. THEN’ moves to consistent loses as autumn takes full flight.

Then individual performances that show some shining light get a mention...

Then the team is playing well ‘but they’ve still only won two games and should have won the game against the pies and the Dee’s’.

Then Sheezel or Larkey gets some positive airtime..Damo is starting to get caught back into the pull of the North love. Coming to the end of winter.

And then we go and get flogged by like 120 points two games in a row to end the season.

The poor guy expresses waves and waves of emotions just throughout his yearly Friday piece.
Yes Damo, whatever you reckon.

I'll give credit to Damo in that he is and has been willing to delve into how shit we are and have been, and really break it down. Many others gloss over the specifics and express mindless optimism for the future.

But I still think he was a dibber dobber as a kid and sat at the front of the class, straight backed, like a w***er

Would have been the kid who shit his pants in class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 100 paid players according to the Herald Sun.
We have Larkey, Simpkin, louge and LDU in the list.
See Richmond has 3 in the top half dozen and finished on the bottom.

View attachment 2104712View attachment 2104713View attachment 2104714View attachment 2104715View attachment 2104720View attachment 2104721View attachment 2104722
We are paying Jy 800-900k? I haven’t been a brady basher but why the F would we offer this amount to a player who has never been able to hit a laceout kick or handball to a players breadbasket?

We are paying Jy 800-900k? I haven’t been a brady basher but why the F would we offer this amount to a player who has never been able to hit a laceout kick or handball to a players breadbasket?
He signed a front ended extension last year to help us get to the cap floor. I imagine that for the latter years of the contract he will be on SFA.

Austin Powers Love GIF
Magoo is Number 2

No wonder the Bulldogs have to play the likes of Gallagher, McNeil, Vandermeer, Bramble & Harmes in a final... They have 7 on that list (4 in the top 25).

While Ugle-Hagan, Libba, Lobb (and probably Weightman & Richards) wouldn't be on peanuts either!

Isn’t Lynch on around $1.5m for next year? It’s obviously back-ended. List is misleading.
Very true, with front ended and back ended contracts, a single year of a multi-year contract can be mis-leading.

It would make more sense if they took the average yearly wage across each player's entire contract.

Except for B-Mac's, in that case pick the highest figure and add 20%, just to make * look even more silly 😁

Top 100 paid players according to the Herald Sun.
We have Larkey, Simpkin, louge and LDU in the list.
See Richmond has 3 in the top half dozen and finished on the bottom.

View attachment 2104712View attachment 2104713View attachment 2104714View attachment 2104715View attachment 2104720View attachment 2104721View attachment 2104722
Regardless of front and back ended deals, they should be building statues for those managers who got Lynch, McKay, Tim Kelly and Naughton those deals.

As for Gawn, Charlie Cameron and Lachie Neale - they should be looking for new managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back