Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how it's the "system" that has screwed the Tigers, not their own decisions....
It’s the system when it’s a media favourite.

It’s your own decisions when you’re a media punching bag.

l would love to see how clubs would react to being told that all contracts can no longer be front or rear ended but have to be evenly divided between the years of a players contract... :laughv1:
That would completely bork the salary cap tho.

Top 100 paid players according to the Herald Sun.
We have Larkey, Simpkin, louge and LDU in the list.
See Richmond has 3 in the top half dozen and finished on the bottom.

View attachment 2104712View attachment 2104713View attachment 2104714View attachment 2104715View attachment 2104720View attachment 2104721View attachment 2104722
my god the calibre of player that's getting the same or less than simpkin....serong, toby greene, neale...

also, typical - they've used coniglio's photo for dylan sheil :tearsofjoy:

I see we’re all taking the Herald Sun’s word on players’ wages as gospel then?

Come on, when do they ever get anything wrong? At least when they do they offer a front or back page apology. You must have missed the headlines “Sorry we got it wrong”?

He signed a front ended extension last year to help us get to the cap floor. I imagine that for the latter years of the contract he will be on SFA.
Yeah, it's great to put out a list of "top paid players", but we've made a habit of front loading contracts massively since the early Scott days. Doesn't really give an accurate look at the overall picture. Average per year of contract would be more accurate, but less sensationalist.

Also how the **** would they know what anyones on? Isn't that classified/private information? They're guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 100 highest paid players made it onto the Zero Hanger website.

The 100 highest paid players in the AFL revealed

If I'm honest, I didn't find it very interesting, but one comment from the "author" (Frank Seal) caught my eye.

Veteran Griffin Logue and retiring Eagle Andrew Gaff would be the notable busts in this section, both being mere fringe players on two of the poorest sides this season.
If he wasn't injured, Logue would have been our starting FB but according to this lunatic he is only a "mere fringe player".

Journalism today is nothing short of a joke.

The 100 highest paid players made it onto the Zero Hanger website.

The 100 highest paid players in the AFL revealed

If I'm honest, I didn't find it very interesting, but one comment from the "author" (Frank Seal) caught my eye.

If he wasn't injured, Logue would have been our starting FB but according to this lunatic he is only a "mere fringe player".

Journalism today is nothing short of a joke.
When on park, I think Griff is a very good recruit. Mightn’t be a top notch AA FB interception beast, but the guy is definitely in the top 50% of key backs.. Could easily be a premiership backman

He signed a front ended extension last year to help us get to the cap floor. I imagine that for the latter years of the contract he will be on SFA.

I would be pretty confident that any of our longer term contracts have been front loaded heavily.

Our highest paid players will likely be barely over AFL average by latter parts of their contracts.

I would be happy to make blokes appear on this list if it meant that we could in turn f*** them off earlier. This year it would have been Stephenson and CCJ. We should have brought forward their final years and then cut them.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens with McDonald next year. Bring a bunch of his final year payment forward and then get him to retire.

An article in the Guardian for us...

There’s always next year: what drives the fans of teams that always lose?

All too rare victories, countless floggings, years of heartache and perennially dashed hopes – following serial losers cannot be explained rationally

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

All too rare victories, countless floggings, years of heartache and perennially dashed hopes – following serial losers cannot be explained rationally

There is no other choice in the world

Rock n Roll, Sisyphus obviously a North fan! :cool:

Evie enjoyed * failing.

One of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back