Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Simmo tbh, legend of the club and I watched tonight because of him… but he looked spent. I thought he had a wicked sense of humour too but nothing gelled tonight.
I actually agree - it was ok but Sam and Mick had to do a lot of heavy lifting to try to keep the energy up.

I actually agree - it was ok but Sam and Mick had to do a lot of heavy lifting to try to keep the energy up.
Yeah agree too.

It started off on the wrong foot when Simmo said he refused to watch the show because a few years ago they pulled the piss out of him as ‘they had never met him, but just didn’t like him’ (words to that effect).

Not sure if he was being facetious but if there was some truth to it he would’ve come in knowing these guys have already said that previously and are going to stir him up even more. Simmo’s personality is pretty dry/deadpan humour anyway.

I like the show and quite enjoyed Simmo, but the panellists certainly earned their pay checks last night. It wasn’t the smoothest interview I’ve ever seen, Abbie Holmes was a bit clunky too so probably just one of those nights.

Simmo was great tonight.
Really enjoyed that interview.
Would love him as an assistant next year. I reckon it’s a chance of happening.
I doubt that Simmo goes back to assisting. He might be interested in a Head of Football role. We have Vodd for that.

Also, it doesn't suit Clarko to have senior assistants and ex head coaches hovering about. He tolerated Brett Ratten because it was a necessary insurance policy due to the Hawthorn racism saga. But once we got through the worst of that, there was no role for Ratten. Clarko prefers hungry and ambitious assistants who want to become head coaches, not career hacks who don't bring new ideas or challenge the game plan. Look at all the people who were swept aside after Clarko's first season and look at who was brought in this season.

Had a couple of interesting things to say about Pagan in that he had six training drills and made you do them every session for ten years. Also that “you either played for Denis or to spite him” suggesting he was more the latter.
He also couldn’t answer or passed on several “drip tray” questions meaning that segment fell flat and his answer to the last one, “what is your favourite colour?”- “ I followed Carlton as a kid so I’ll say navy blue”, whaaat?!

Also, the Perth media is something else. You need to live there for a while to understand it.

There is a good reason Simpson, like Worsfold before him, developed a very bland and emotionless style in press conferences and in the coaching box.

I doubt that Simmo goes back to assisting. He might be interested in a Head of Football role. We have Vodd for that.

Also, it doesn't suit Clarko to have senior assistants and ex head coaches hovering about. He tolerated Brett Ratten because it was a necessary insurance policy due to the Hawthorn racism saga. But once we got through the worst of that, there was no role for Ratten. Clarko prefers hungry and ambitious assistants who want to become head coaches, not career hacks who don't bring new ideas or challenge the game plan. Look at all the people who were swept aside after Clarko's first season and look at who was brought in this season.
Good point.

Had a couple of interesting things to say about Pagan in that he had six training drills and made you do them every session for ten years. Also that “you either played for Denis or to spite him” suggesting he was more the latter.
He also couldn’t answer or passed on several “drip tray” questions meaning that segment fell flat and his answer to the last one, “what is your favourite colour?”- “ I followed Carlton as a kid so I’ll say navy blue”, whaaat?!
Do we engender any kind of affection at all in 99% of our past players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back