Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the show won’t be anywhere near as good without him.

But the show isn't much good now. You watch the first segment which is usually good, then flick through any self-promotion or the corny previews with Matt Nable, skip the ads of course, fast forward through the coaches or players (unless it's Clarko or a NMFC player which it very, very rarely is) which mostly turns into cliches or just relating to those clubs and go past anything that isn't footy related and you can watch the whole thing in 20min.

Hopefully, sacking Robbo is just step 1 in overhauling a matey, self-satisfied but tired format which hasn't changed in a decade. Otherwise they may as well have kept him.

Did anyone hear Cornhole this morning calling Harry Sheezel stupid for signing a long term contract, because you won't see Harley Reid doing it, guess what bozo, might be a small percentage, but money is not the be and end all for everyone, i hope his manager or the club demands an apology.
No

Did anyone hear Cornhole this morning calling Harry Sheezel stupid for signing a long term contract, because you won't see Harley Reid doing it, guess what bozo, might be a small percentage, but money is not the be and end all for everyone, i hope his manager or the club demands an apology.

The problem with trying to be controversial all the time is that eventually you never are and people just ignore you. Why bother responding to anything Cornes says? He'll just double down and appreciate the oxygen you're giving him. Best not argue with fools.

You know what he's like, why tune in?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the right forum but the amount of content the North media team put out is so limited.

They produce next to no content. How about a few highlights packages from some key players from the year? It's not rocket science as to what club supporters want to view. Maybe a Duursma or Wardlaw or McKercher or Sheezel's best moments that are longer clips than 30 seconds...

LDU's inaugural BnF highlights goes for 50 seconds. That's a 2 hour job, max.

Last edited:
He's been confronted about it multiple times by other journos. He doesn't care, just likes to push his narrative to be 'edgy'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if Garry is interested in going from a 1 night a week gig to 4 nights given he has cut back his days on SEN. This seems like a lot especially if he does continues to do all the game day stuff on Fox.

I actually can't think of a good chioce outside of Dunstall, who I don't think would do it.

Part of what made 360 work is the contrast between Whateley and Robbo. One is the ultra straight and professional media guy, the other is the more grass roots, less polished but passionate footy fan. And somehow they were able to play off each other really effectively, as they represent both sides of the sport.

Replacing Robbo with just another polished media person just makes it so boring.

Part of what made 360 work is the contrast between Whateley and Robbo. One is the ultra straight and professional media guy, the other is the more grass roots, less polished but passionate footy fan. And somehow they were able to play off each other really effectively, as they represent both sides of the sport.

Replacing Robbo with just another polished media person just makes it so boring.
Really well put there Doc. Robbo has his flaws, but he's not the usual sycophant ex-player who's desperately trying to climb the ladder to a career post playing. Calls it as he sees it, just not that eloquently at times.

It probably comes down to what they want the show to be moving forward, if it's like for like it's going to be difficult to find a replacement within their current crop.
Maybe they'll go with female to satisfy the new social inclusion clause in the media broadcasting agreement.

I was thinking about this. The only personality who could come in as a like-for-like with Robbo is Dane Swan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back