Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear lord, that was painful. Not to mention them discussing how Van Berlo had been subbed on because Harvey had rolled the dice or Grover had a migraine. Makes Jako's work on the boundary look like genius.

Lynch absolutely hates us, I can't stand him as a commentator. Completely clueless, especially about Fremantle.

Some of the commentary comedy gold has already been stated.. but one thing i noticed was that, every other week (not many ill admit) we have had a comfortable lead, the entire commentary box spends all its time discussing how the opposition should go about getting back into the game etc.. this week, it was 95% about how well melbourne were going.. and every now and then BT saying something like "Lets not forgot about Fremantle..." :rolleyes:

Dear lord, that was painful. Not to mention them discussing how Van Berlo had been subbed on because Harvey had rolled the dice or Grover had a migraine. Makes Jako's work on the boundary look like genius.

Lynch absolutely hates us, I can't stand him as a commentator. Completely clueless, especially about Fremantle.

Where on earth did the migraine diagnosis appear from? lol I guess it is entertaining in an unintentional way

Do they make commentator's actually listen to themselves on play-back for training and improvement purposes??
They would have to be embarrassed about the gibberish they dribble during a national broadcast, you'd think.

I could not believe my ears when i heard this. I mean really, subbing off our second best KPD for 1st gamer, who i believe is the same height as Grover for more run? Really? Even though we had 2 rucks, and MJ, subbing of Grover would give us more run? Laughable...

If I had to guess, Tony Shaw is the player manager for Karnezis who "can find space anywhere, this kid". Let them talk it up, Fox, you'll keep getting those "experts" for no charge. :thumbsdown:

Also, Ricciuto should just hawk up whatever is living in his throat like the players do (always just when they're on camera evidently).

(I've turned the sound off for the replay now - so I won't bother this thread further this week).

Yeah Ricciuto is god-awful.. basically just regurgitates what happenining in front of our eyes.. fantastic insight that :rolleyes:

At least we didnt have Derwayne or Schwass.. we should be grateful

I always chuckle when I recall the Port Adelaide game when Broughton kicked the goal from the goal square and was called as 'Ibboton'

You should have seen me when Broughton kicked his first goal on Saturday and was called 'Ibbotson' and not corrected.

What I don't understand is that these guys wouldn't be making these mistakes commentating a game for Collingwood, yet, they commentate for us most weekends? How can you be so inept at your own profession?

It is ridiculous that a fair chunk of the commentary fraternity (mostly Foxtel) make so many mistakes with players names, and even general footy rules and interpretations of rules.. seriously its like they dont actually watch any games and just rock up on saturdays and sundays to collect a paycheck

I loved Shaw when he mentioned something about us really needing to address our issues with clearances and stoppages.!!

I suggest having Mundy, Barlow, Morabito, Mcphee, Ballas, Suban....etc might address it a fair bit...F#*ken Moron :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing disgusting commentating

One sided bias and I've had a ****ing gutful

Between Glen "Supersonic makes me sound hip" Jackovich and Tony "Give GC a free" Shaw I'm close to putting something through the TV

I am ****ing close to meltdown listening to these ****ing twats

Jackovich should be banned from all Freo games for being an A-Grade ****wit

I will go out on a limb here.
Tony Shaw is the worst commentator Australian sport has ever seen/heard.

Sure do miss Clinton Grybas.

Amen. Appointing ex-footballers to commentary positions as of right is as logically consistent as appointing parolees as lawyers or judges; or survivors of cancer as doctors.

It was a disgrace today!!! i dont normally complain but far out who employees these morons.. fox needs to sort themselves out.. its getting worse as the season goes
Palmer today was deboer ?? wtf.. cant even get names correctly in future sound will be down on my tv

I will go out on a limb here.
Tony Shaw is the worst commentator Australian sport has ever seen/heard.

I laughed out loud near the end when he was asked about the value of game experience for young gold coasters. Tony Shaw said every game they get into these kids is worth about TEN games experience . WTF????

Shame Freo are so often stuck with Fox's D-Team. But Shaw is by far the worst. Played over 300 games of league footy, yet seemingly knows nothing about how the game is played.

I don't mind Healy usually (particularly when compared to "Shawy", "Matty" and that buffon "Jacko"), but was seriously out of form today.

We suffer from the stigma that you dont know what you're talking about unless you've played the game, which is a pile of bullshit. Most commentators in the states haven't played the game, but they still have the insight, professionalism and showbizz chutzpah to call a game and make it gripping entertainment. Gerard whately's as close as we get, i reckon. David schwarz is pretty good for an ex player, but for everyone of him, there's a dozen half arsed dills just taking a cheque. So it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back