Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to have a team of BT, Dunstall, Lloyd (Special comments), Pickering (boundary riding) doing our games.

I can't remember the last time I have heard the Dennis/Bruce combo for a Freo game. Wonder if Bruce would get more excited over a Ballantyne running goal than what BT does...

I remember in the Carlton game last year that we needed to win was on Friday night, ripper of a match. Hilly kicked an awesome snap for goal and Bruce said "Ohhh he's speciallllll", so yeah i think he likes the kid

Would love to have a team of BT, Dunstall, Lloyd (Special comments), Pickering (boundary riding) doing our games.

I can't remember the last time I have heard the Dennis/Bruce combo for a Freo game. Wonder if Bruce would get more excited over a Ballantyne running goal than what BT does...

Pickering is utterly woeful. Conflict of interest, much...? How could he be objective, fair and balanced with his special comments on players?

Pickering is utterly woeful. Conflict of interest, much...? How could he be objective, fair and balanced with his special comments on players?

If Pickering is utter woeful, what label can you give Glen 'Butcher the English Language' Jackovich. I'd much rather listen to Pickers over the likes of Christie Malthouse, Tim Watson and Richo etc...

Jako is light years ahead of Pickering, partly for comedic entertainment and also for the fact that Jako doesn't carry a seemingly vindictive grudge against Freo.

Listen to Pickering, he will take pot shots at Freo at any given chance. He is a filthy player manager, and an absolute scumbag.

I think Dennis and Bruce only do the Friday night game together? I never hear them together any other time but having said that I prefer to watch the games on Foxtel.

Roo's voice is very annoying, he has some good things to say but it is said in monotone, he suffers from Gillard syndrome.

I really don't know how Tony Shaw and Dwayne Russell get a gig, I haven't found one person who enjoys listening to them. Hopefully Foxtel and Seven get some good commentators from Nine and Ten (not Walls, I said good!) next year and those two get the boot.

Rhys Stanley was gold, should make it onto one of the Foxtel shows but won't.

Jako is light years ahead of Pickering, partly for comedic entertainment and also for the fact that Jako doesn't carry a seemingly vindictive grudge against Freo.

Listen to Pickering, he will take pot shots at Freo at any given chance. He is a filthy player manager, and an absolute scumbag.

I am happy to conceed that Jacko would be more entertaining that Pickering.

I suppose we would all enjoy having a giggle at his stupidity over the bias dribble that comes from Pickers.

It is only boundry riding though and should just be communicating whats going on at ground level and not giving his opinion. 'Say it as you see it'. Might have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but i remember Jacko in Adelaide mentioning something along the lines of: 'Its starting to drizzle here, so expect rain for the rest of the game' Uhhhhh deeerrrrrr.... :rolleyes:

I am happy to conceed that Jacko would be more entertaining that Pickering.

I suppose we would all enjoy having a giggle at his stupidity over the bias dribble that comes from Pickers.

It is only boundry riding though and should just be communicating whats going on at ground level and not giving his opinion. 'Say it as you see it'. Might have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but i remember Jacko in Adelaide mentioning something along the lines of: 'Its starting to drizzle here, so expect rain for the rest of the game' Uhhhhh deeerrrrrr.... :rolleyes:

LOL. Classic Jako. :thumbsu:

I also like:

"he's kicked it" - making sure to get in before any of the commentary team.

"(team x) has made a substitution boys" - 5 minutes after the sub has run onto the ground and after they've already kicked a goal and had their name flashed up on the board.

And loved Jako's one-off reference to the central corridor as the "centrador". Amazing that term never took off.

and Richo etc...
To give him his due Richo has advanced his delivery style from four valiums in the bag when he started to a fistful of Neurofen Plus now.
It's funny on the Friday night games when they interview a current player (Nick Riewoldt last week) at the breaks. These blokes are so obviously grooming themselves for l.a.f it always makes me laugh. There'll be time enough for grooming when the playings done boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pickering is utter woeful, what label can you give Glen 'Butcher the English Language' Jackovich. I'd much rather listen to Pickers over the likes of Christie Malthouse, Tim Watson and Richo etc...

Who here cannot speak the sub-dialect of Hamilton Hill? Jako is Jako, but he isn't some self serving prick of a player agent using his position to enhance the reputation of the players on his books. His groans and moans (of the bodily function type) whilst calling a game rival Robert Walls. Take note next time you hear him.

I wonder how many other team boards have a cry over commentators like Freo fans do..

There's a whole board for it.

I wonder how many other team boards have a cry over commentators like Freo fans do..

Maybe we wouldn't be complaining if

a) We actually had some competent commentators with a good grasp of the English language

b) We actually had some decent commentators with no conflicts of interest

c) We had commentators that were neutral in their commentary as opposed to slamming Freo every chance they get even when we're winning

d) We had commentators that didn't openly barrack for a team (see Tony "Give Gold Coast a free kick" Shaw)

e) We had commentators that actually know the names of the players (How Fox Sports got it wrong on the weekend I'll never know considering they commentate enough of our games)

Otherwise, as has already been stated, there's a whole board dedicated to bagging out the media when warranted

How about the most basic error that seems to be made all the time. Can they say the correct name for the player. That would be a start. How was Ryan Palmers last game?

Who here cannot speak the sub-dialect of Hamilton Hill? Jako is Jako, but he isn't some self serving prick of a player agent using his position to enhance the reputation of the players on his books. His groans and moans (of the bodily function type) whilst calling a game rival Robert Walls. Take note next time you hear him.

I grew up in Spearwood and I have a Croatian background, somehow i might even be distantly related to Jacko. YET I STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND AND INTERPRET HIS DIALECT!

To give him his due Richo has advanced his delivery style from four valiums in the bag when he started to a fistful of Neurofen Plus now.
It's funny on the Friday night games when they interview a current player (Nick Riewoldt last week) at the breaks. These blokes are so obviously grooming themselves for l.a.f it always makes me laugh. There'll be time enough for grooming when the playings done boys.

Hey now, I want to hear about the NEW HIT SHOW DOWNTOWN ABBEY from Leigh Montagna.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back