Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to this new comp craegus! It's been a very exciting few days on this board.

I have a question for people regarding the FIRA.

Obviously I intend to run the FIRA this season as it stands, with entries from all over the world. What I am considering is offering everyone who has submitted a non-European entry the chance to change to a European based team if they want.

This wouldn't be enforced, but seeing as about a third of my teams are from Canada or the US, I thought it might be a good idea to give people another option given that they'll have the option to go with a US or Canadian team in the Can-Am Premiership.

I'd obviously only bother accepting changes to European based clubs because as of the next season, FIRA will be purely Euro based.

So basically I intend to put up a thread giving everyone in FIRA who is outside Europe the option of changing to a Euro based team, so that their team can continue in the FIRA post 2015 and so that they can try for their North American option in the Can-Am.

Looking forward to this new comp craegus! It's been a very exciting few days on this board.

I have a question for people regarding the FIRA.

Obviously I intend to run the FIRA this season as it stands, with entries from all over the world. What I am considering is offering everyone who has submitted a non-European entry the chance to change to a European based team if they want.

This wouldn't be enforced, but seeing as about a third of my teams are from Canada or the US, I thought it might be a good idea to give people another option given that they'll have the option to go with a US or Canadian team in the Can-Am Premiership.

I'd obviously only bother accepting changes to European based clubs because as of the next season, FIRA will be purely Euro based.

So basically I intend to put up a thread giving everyone in FIRA who is outside Europe the option of changing to a Euro based team, so that their team can continue in the FIRA post 2015 and so that they can try for their North American option in the Can-Am.

I am going to stick with Pittsburgh, only because I am moving my IFA Toronto team to the Can-Am.

Here is my current list of cities/regions that could be used for the Can-Am, are there any additions or deletions that people have.

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Columbus
Dallas-Fort Worth
Denver
Detroit
Edmonton
Green Bay
Hawaii
Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis–Saint Paul
Montreal
Nashville
New Orleans
New York City
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Ottawa
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Portland
Raleigh
Regina
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa Bay Area
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, D.C.
Winnipeg

How about Nunavut, Quebec and other Canadian places?

Quebec is represented by Montreal.

I have used the cities that have other representatives in major sports (plus Hawaii as it could field a team), places like Nunavut has too small of a population and is an unlikely location.

With that being said what I might do is have a list of preferred locations (a slightly cut down version of the above list), and then allow for people to try and convince me of other locations (e.g. Nunavut, Yellowstone) in their bids, but they would have to have a backup location for their team should the primary location fail to be selected.

craegus would you require people to stick to the name as listed, or could a Charlotte based team call themselves the "Carolina Groinwranglers"?

State or region could be used (e.g. Carolina, Golden State), city name is only where the team is based, not necessarily the teams name. Only restriction would be that two teams could not use the same location name unless I allow multiple teams from major cities (e.g. Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, etc).

Here is my current list of cities/regions that could be used for the Can-Am, are there any additions or deletions that people have.

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Columbus
Dallas-Fort Worth
Denver
Detroit
Edmonton
Green Bay
Hawaii
Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis–Saint Paul
Montreal
Nashville
New Orleans
New York City
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Ottawa
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Portland
Raleigh
Regina
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa Bay Area
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, D.C.
Winnipeg
El_Scorcho would you prefer my NYC team to move to CAN-AM? Happy to do so :)

It's a more realistic way of starting a league IMO.

I mean go the Heard Island Vulcans but
Wiki said:
The islands are currently uninhabited.

What sort of places do people want to use that are likely to be big enough to support a sports franchise and aren't already on the list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Columbus
Dallas-Fort Worth
Denver
Detroit
Edmonton
Green Bay
Hawaii
Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis–Saint Paul
Montreal
Nashville
New Orleans
New York City
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Ottawa
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Portland
Raleigh
Regina
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa Bay Area
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, D.C.
Winnipeg
Since the province of Quebec has not been added here I will maintain the state of my RDQ entry in FIRA.
Scorchmeister

Since the province of Quebec has not been added here I will maintain the state of my RDQ entry in FIRA.
Scorchmeister

Again Montreal is in Quebec, and I am open to people trying to bid for other locations.

Lack of a Long Beach, CA option means I can't drag my Dolphins entry over from the IFA :thumbsdown:
Just go for the Los Angeles location, or petition craegus to allow two teams from LA county, given that it's the most populous county in the US

Exactly, Los Angeles as the city, Long Beach as the team name is perfectly acceptable.

What areas of the world currently aren't represented in a CL endorsed competition?

- Africa
- Asia
- Central/South Americas

I don't want to create another competition for these areas (over-saturation much) but there is such a large scope of potential good design here. Is such a large area of land that encompasses so many cultures and ideas and it'd be a shame that it could never see the light of a competition CL, for example.

What do you guys think?

What areas of the world currently aren't represented in a CL endorsed competition?

- Africa
- Asia
- Central/South Americas

I don't want to create another competition for these areas (over-saturation much) but there is such a large scope of potential good design here. Is such a large area of land that encompasses so many cultures and ideas and it'd be a shame that it could never see the light of a competition CL, for example.

What do you guys think?
I think Asia/Africa/Middle East could have their own comp after the first CL but not before, let's see how we go for the moment. As for the NAFL, I think we should spread it outwards to include Papua New Guinea and islands around Australia, NZ and PNG

- Africa
- Asia
- Central/South Americas

What do you guys think?
I'm starting the Africa/Asia comp.

Fizzler floated the idea of doing Asia/Africa.

Given we are in the preseason of two competitions I'd probably wait a bit, but for all the "oversaturation" talk, once FIRA and Can-Am are underway, we won't have a league comp to design for for like 6 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Back