Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

My most depressing day as a Melbourne supporter was probably watching us lose to Gold Coast by 60 points in 2013. We put up the worst effort imaginable and then Mark Neeld had to say that we couldn't handle Gold Coast's toughness šŸ˜’

And a week later we lost to Richmond by 6 goals and it was considered a good effort from us. Happy times.

Last edited:
Trengove getting traded to Richmond for Pick 12 (which we would've used on Lever), before failing the medical.

Would've been an all-time steal as poor old Trenners had been broken by then

Oooooh good one - 2014 preseason game v Richmond (Roos' first game).

Jay Kennedy-Harris bobbing up for a few goals, including one where David Astbury kicked the ground instead of the ball.

Think it was Jon Ralph who called JKH his favourite player in the AFL. Roosy walked off the ground to people bowing down to him and chanting his name.

In a way, it was the day our club was reborn. In other, more accurate way, it was a preseason game where fans so starved off success nearly blew the roof off Marvel (at the time, Etihad) Stadium.

Couldn't believe West Coast would pass up on future hall of famer Cale Morton for Chris Masten at pick 3, leaving us to swoop at pick 4.

Jay Kennedy-Harris was an aspiring actor (was he on neighbours?)

David Neitz breaking his leg in a marking contest around 96 in the forward pocket at Optus Oval v Carlton
I thought that was 98

Same game seecamp gave someone a clip

Ok, everyone expect PG. (I worded it badly, should have said a lot of people not everyone)
Definitely wanted us too, didn't expect it lol fev was one of those most entertaining players ever and we were shit lol would have made for great entertainment

Oooooh good one - 2014 preseason game v Richmond (Roos' first game).

Jay Kennedy-Harris bobbing up for a few goals, including one where David Astbury kicked the ground instead of the ball.

Think it was Jon Ralph who called JKH his favourite player in the AFL. Roosy walked off the ground to people bowing down to him and chanting his name.

In a way, it was the day our club was reborn. In other, more accurate way, it was a preseason game where fans so starved off success nearly blew the roof off Marvel (at the time, Etihad) Stadium.
I couldn't name another pre season game ever but I can remember that lol, he snapped one from like 35 or something and I celebrated like we won the flag šŸ˜‚

Couldn't believe West Coast would pass up on future hall of famer Cale Morton for Chris Masten at pick 3, leaving us to swoop at pick 4.
Apparently there were issues with his old man

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

My most depressing day as a Melbourne supporter was probably watching us lose to Gold Coast by 60 points in 2013. We put up the worst effort imaginable and then Mark Neeld had to say that we couldn't handle Gold Coast's toughness šŸ˜’

And a week later we lost to Richmond by 6 goals and it was considered a good effort from us. Happy times.
Yeah the Richmond game they were inaccurate we lost by 34 points but it was 4.10. Same thing when we lost to Sydney that year we lost by 31 points, it was a 'good effort' but realistically we were belted and they eased off in the end, not to forget their inaccuracy 16.20 to 13.7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell Robertson being a smart arse in a game in 03, he tried kicking a goal while lying down and end up being smothered.

Russell Robertson sinking the Swans with a ball that bounced at right angles to go through.

Russell Robertson kicking 7 against Geelong at Skilled when both teams were wearing heritage guernseys.

Great find. I absolutely loved this game.
Was right on the back of white kicking the goal right before the siren against the dogs and Matty Egan maybe missing one after the siren to hand us victory against the cats

The cut to the doggies players after that goal is pure gold.
Haha yeah I remember they were already at the pub, if we won they were starting mad Monday immediately lol. Simpler times in the world

Was right on the back of white kicking the goal right before the siren against the dogs and Matty Egan maybe missing one after the siren to hand us victory against the cats
Incredible three weeks. And how good that we continued that momentum into the finals! :cautiousv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back