Universal Love Melbourne memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite Frostball moment was this one leading to an ANB goal.

One of my favourite days at the footy ever. We had confirmed our finals spot the week before and the whole afternoon felt like a celebration.

Yeah, that was one of the more enjoyable afternoons I can remember. Went out and did the lap of honour before the game for member appreciation round, and the team actually played like they appreciated the fans, which was nice lol

Got some weird nostalgia for this game. Being one of our 2 wins that year, and only win against a non expansion club, I watched the highlights a fair bit but fmd it was difficult at the time.
40 odd points up with 10 mins left and we almost flunked it lol

LOL what a pathetic bunch of hacks.

Final round 2015 we played GWS at docklands in front of 7000 people. We actually played pretty well that day and I actually left the game feeling somewhat optimistic about our future even though we were still a long way off. Was the first time in a long time I had been hopeful for the future.

Ben Newton kicked 3 goals too!

Final round 2015 we played GWS at docklands in front of 7000 people. We actually played pretty well that day and I actually left the game feeling somewhat optimistic about our future even though we were still a long way off. Was the first time in a long time I had been hopeful for the future.

Ben Newton kicked 3 goals too!

Howe took an extraordinary mark then turned it over straight away, summing up his career at Melbourne in his last game for us.

Dean Kent set shot from 50 against Weagles over in Perth to get us into finals in 2018.

Didn't we find a bit of form late in the season right after Stynes' cancer diagnosis? Then the rest of our admin decided Tom Scully and Jack Trengove were more important than this unifying moment for the club.

The handbrake went on with force after we beat Port. Given how easily we beat Freo for win #4, imagine how much we'd have needed to cheat to lose in that game if McMahon hadn't kicked his goal after the siren.

Howe took an extraordinary mark then turned it over straight away, summing up his career at Melbourne in his last game for us.
Daniel Cross knocking himself out in his final game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernie was such an old fashioned footballer. Just what we needed then too . One of my favourites .
Skills aside, him clobbering Dangerfield repeatedly in 2015 was fun to watch (complete with Bern getting a centre clearance and kicking the wrong way).

If this had been in 2023, he would've been suspended for at least three different incidents from the one game lol.

Darren Cuthbertson 14 goals (2 bags of 7) in successive games against North and then the Filth out at Waverley in 1991. Gave Denis Banks, Millane and Gayfer an almighty bath. Then just as quickly faded into obscurity.

Last edited:
Bernie wasn't at the end of his career. We got him in his prime basically
I guess so, but I would argue it was just after his prime. 8 years at the Crows, 5 with us and by his last one he was really just hanging on - struggled to get a regular game etc. But to be fair, Crossy was genuinely at the end when he came to us, so your point is right.

David Neitz almost killing poor old Luke McCabe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

‘Tis the week to be rewatching this one. Our last win on QB and my god the audio on this doesn’t do the noise at the ground justice.

Edit - adding a version with better crowd noise

Epic game. Had to come back from about 5 goals down too.

David Neitz almost killing poor old Luke McCabe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most inspiring bit of captains play that ive ever seen from a Melbourne skipper

Last edited:
Neitz playing on one leg in Neale Daniher's last game in the second half vs Essendon, refusing to come off #ThatsMyCaptain .. fantastic game even though we lost, 6 goals down at 1/4 time, we lifted for Neale big time on the back of the skipper. Scott Lucas goal in the last 30 seconds winning Essendon the game :(

Edit: was even earlier than I remembered, in the second quarter, Neitz couldn't run or kick properly on did his right coz he did his hammy I think (pretty sure he missed the next 3 or 4 weeks) so was kicking nearly everything on his left. #realman

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Melbourne memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back