Confirmed : Mainwaring passes away at age of 41

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a heart attack and NOT DRUG RELATED.

Mainy was a champion bloke and champion footballer my sympahty is with the Mainwaring family and his close friends and a huge loss for the club.

Wow.. this is huge.

I feel so bad for his family. What the hell happened. :(

Tragic.. **** Absolutely shocking.

RIP :(:(.

This is the worst thing the footy club has gone through. I hope we all bind together past and present players and staff and help the mainwairing family get through this terrible time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vey very sad day for the club and the wider football community. Mainy was one of the greatest Eagles ever and certainly one of the most popular even among opposition fans.

He will be missed considerably.

However, the loss we as supporters are feeling pales into insignificance compared to what family would be feeling, especially his wife and two young children.

My sincerest condolences to them.

As an opposition supporter, I loved the way Chris played. He was an exceptional footballer.
Very sad day for the West Coast Eagles, his family and friends.

Deepest sympathies. Rest In Peace, Chris.

Two Eagles number 3's dead within a week in my opinion, very sad.

See. I see it differently. It puts things into perspective. Who gives a flying sh**t if Judd has left your club?
Here is a guy, a husband and Father, that has died in tragic circumstances and has left a young family behind. Wake up. Absolutely no comparison!
A great footballer...Rest in peace..

See. I see it differently. It puts things into perspective. Who gives a flying sh**t if Judd has left your club?
Here is a guy, a husband and Father, that has died in tragic circumstances and has left a young family behind. Wake up. Absolutely no comparison!

Good post, Judd should be relegated to back page, at the moment mainys family and friends should be the ones that need support.

It was a heart attack and NOT DRUG RELATED.

Mainy was a champion bloke and champion footballer my sympahty is with the Mainwaring family and his close friends and a huge loss for the club.

4.00pm news on Melbourne radio has said it was a drug related heart attack. For the sake of his family I hope this is incorrect.

Exactly.
Right now i couldnt give a flying **** where Juddy ends up and what we get in return.
The AFL and the West Coast Eagles have lost a great champion of the game. A young family has lost thier husband and father.
Its a tragedy.

He was a magnificent footballer to watch in action. Like Benny Cousins, Mainwaring never seemed to run out of gas in a game. A credit to his club, the mighty Eagles, and to our great game of Aussie Rules.
Condolences to the WCE - especially to John Worsfold who must be beside himself today. All the foundation Eagle players will be in shock.
And to his wife and two young children. RIP Chris, you will not be forgotten.

With all due respect and please don't get me wrong, BUT.

This business of Cousins and the drug culture thing is biting your team in a big way.

Chris may have had previous heart problems no one knows about or should know about, he may have been on medication for the heart complaint.

My point is that every one is jumping to conclusions about illicit drugs, for christs sakes leave the bloke alone with this sort of stupid speculation.

I am sure that soon enough the rumour mongers will have their appetite sated, until then back off.

RIP Chris and condolences to family and friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed : Mainwaring passes away at age of 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back