Confirmed: Renouf to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair price given his contract status and the lengths Port went to to get him. Three year deal I believe.

He's better than most here think, tireless worker, big tank.

Can't play a KP role but will take a good contested mark around the grounds.

The weakness is kicking and that's what put him back in the pack at Hawthorn.

fair trade for mine, the big men dont play their best till around the 25 yr + mark. could even end up a win for port :thumbsu:

yeah but the problem is the club has already said that the number one ruck role is lobbes. lobbe has shown more than renouf. they stated we are looking at a backup ruck to support lobbe because redden while super talented is still 2-3 years away from that.

so why did we pay pick 33 for a 2-3 year stop gap and how are we going to play 2 ruckmen when the game has gone against that and the guy we are bringing in isnt known for playing anywhere else has questionable kicking skills and we are carrying a very very tall forward line who are much more important to our team than a back up ruck?? or have we just paid pick 33 for a guy to play as insurance in case lobbe gets injured in the next 2 seasons and redden is not ready to come in??

wtf??

I'm not a hater at all but let's call a spade a spade

Big Suze is a lion hearted competitor with good size and reasonable aerobic capacity BUT his disposable both by hand and foot would be close to the worst at the Hawks, he is deplorable below his knees even for a big guy and his ruck work and marking would be no better than average.

He has time on his side but I'm glad we got a pick for him.

This is a very good trade for Port. I can't believe we were even considering Mark Seaby, yet alone nearly doing the trade for him.

Well done Peter Rohde. Finally got something right!

Re: Confirmed trade Renouf to Port

really he is worth more then pick 33 played 50 games and is about to hit the age where ruckmen start to flourish but seeing as 33 is now our first pick i guess we had to do it :(

it kinda hurt his value this season not getting a regular crack at it. Never fear though i think you guys are the clear trade week winners thus far

Renouf is a good get. His disposal is an issue but most rucks are unless your Cox. He's virtually indestructible, can run all day and his marking and tap work has been getting better.

Will do his best work after 25, was fairly new to footy when drafted so has plenty of upside. Nowhere near the worst ruck in the league like some are claiming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Port recruit Brent Renouf Highlights
[YOUTUBE]WMvocN5GWtA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm very excited to have Renouf at Port Adelaide. Seen enough of him since his debut in 08 to know we have ourselves a very good player!

Can't wait for Renouf and Brad Ebert to be officially introduced as Port Adelaide players :D

Hawthorn are good at this trading bizzo. I am dissapoint.

I don't think Renouf is a good mix with Lobbe because they can't both play together.

If they got him for a 4th rounder as ruck depth then its not a problem but pick 33 seems to be overs.

Hawthorn are good at this trading bizzo. I am dissapoint.

I don't think Renouf is a good mix with Lobbe because they can't both play together.

If they got him for a 4th rounder as ruck depth then its not a problem but pick 33 seems to be overs.

In a so called weak draft, plus Ivan Maric went for pick 37 so the currency was right, so pick 33 was a good deal.

And Renouf and Lobbe can definitely play together. Both can "rest" up forward when not in the ruck.

In a so called weak draft, plus Ivan Maric went for pick 37 so the currency was right, so pick 33 was a good deal.

And Renouf and Lobbe can definitely play together. Both can "rest" up forward when not in the ruck.

Sure they can rest there but they wont be effective. Add Butcher, Schultz and Westhoff and it looks pretty immobile.

Im not the one saying he is a dud, just that it does not fit.

The Hawks should probably be happy with this given Bailey clearly took over as no. 1 in the ruck and Hale is much better up forward.

But desperate times call for desperate measures and given he is only 23, he has some good footy ahead and is far better than anyone Port could get in the draft. I haven't seen Lobbe too much but the club seems to like him from what the fans are saying

Fair price given his contract status and the lengths Port went to to get him. Three year deal I believe.

He's better than most here think, tireless worker, big tank.

Can't play a KP role but will take a good contested mark around the grounds.

The weakness is kicking and that's what put him back in the pack at Hawthorn.
Seven shades of "meh" for mine. Totally unremarkable footballer, either way, unremarkable price paid, 'meh'.

Seems Port have followed the "hawthorn model" of drafting anyone who only has their good games against them... are all of his career goals actually against them, or does it just seem that way?

Both clubs have done really well from this one IMO. Under Primus, Renouf could become anything - they're fairly similar player types actually. Hawthorn on the other hand, now have a decent first pick and still have the depth to cover a ruck injury or two (IMO of course).

Good luck Twister!

Pros:
Extremely durable
Bash and Crash type
Very fit
Fairly athletic for his size
Isn't the slowest ruckman going around
Can take a mark and is really improving his clutch, pack marks
Will give 110% at every contest (including 2nd and 3rd efforts after ruck contests)
Seems to have really matured as a person and player with age, and is only 23

Cons:
Skills need work (particularly field kicking)
Can have brain fades and give away silly free kicks (ruck infringements included)
Goal kicking can be horrendous at times
Has had a few minor troubles outside of football (though has matured as mentioned before)
Isn't a great tap ruckman
Isn't a great reader of the play (though is certainly improving in this area)

He's the sort of player you'll grow to love Port fans, especially if he continues to improve at the rate he has been with us.

Both clubs have done really well from this one IMO. Under Primus, Renouf could become anything - they're fairly similar player types actually. Hawthorn on the other hand, now have a decent first pick and still have the depth to cover a ruck injury or two (IMO of course).

Good luck Twister!

Pros:
Extremely durable
Bash and Crash type
Very fit
Fairly athletic for his size
Isn't the slowest ruckman going around
Can take a mark and is really improving his clutch, pack marks
Will give 110% at every contest (including 2nd and 3rd efforts after ruck contests)
Seems to have really matured as a person and player with age, and is only 23

Cons:
Skills need work (particularly field kicking)
Can have brain fades and give away silly free kicks (ruck infringements included)
Goal kicking can be horrendous at times
Has had a few minor troubles outside of football (though has matured as mentioned before)
Isn't a great tap ruckman
Isn't a great reader of the play (though is certainly improving in this area)

He's the sort of player you'll grow to love Port fans, especially if he continues to improve at the rate he has been with us.

Well you basically just described Dean Brogan... If we can mould Renouf/Lobbe into 25% of what the Brogan/Lade combo was Ports ruck will be fine for the next 8-10 years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed: Renouf to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back