Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys reached prelims in Daicos' debut year, and missed out on the GF by a point.

ND was less defensively accountable than Daniel is.

Please please please play him on Bobby Hill next year.....or Schultz or Elliott or McCreery....you know as well as I do that his opponents are just gonna take him to places he doesn't want to go (like one out in the goal square)

There's a few reasons Bevo decided to clear the bloke (and we did the same with Johnny Noble)....those shorter, running defenders get exposed by the new breed of strong overhead small forwards. All the finals teams have those small forwards now and as stubborn as Bevo is....even he's cottoned onto the danger of having that defensively deficient small.

Please please please play him on Bobby Hill next year.....or Schultz or Elliott or McCreery....you know as well as I do that his opponents are just gonna take him to places he doesn't want to go (like one out in the goal square)

There's a few reasons Bevo decided to clear the bloke (and we did the same with Johnny Noble)....those shorter, running defenders get exposed by the new breed of strong overhead small forwards. All the finals teams have those small forwards now and as stubborn as Bevo is....even he's cottoned onto the danger of having that defensively deficient small.
Come back to me when Daicos has played on anyone.

So you're gonna be playing a 7 man defence next year....interesting. Cos somebody else always has to defend Caleb's man.
You obviously haven't watched much of North over the last few years. Nothing new.

Slots in for Mckercher who presumably would go into the middle. I don't hate it.

Come back to me when Daicos has played on anyone.

Why are you trying to compare an old, tiny, defensively deficient DEFENSIVE runner against a generational midfielder?
Yep Nick played a few games in his first year off a HBF....he's been in the guts for the last two seasons.
Nick is pretty much the pro-forma for Harry Sheezel (another generational midfielder). Now I don't reckon you'd be comparing Harry Sheezel to poor old Caleb would ya?

Why are you trying to compare an old, tiny, defensively deficient DEFENSIVE runner against a generational midfielder?
Yep Nick played a few games in his first year off a HBF....he's been in the guts for the last two seasons.
Nick is pretty much the pro-forma for Harry Sheezel (another generational midfielder). Now I don't reckon you'd be comparing Harry Sheezel to poor old Caleb would ya?
"a few games in his first year off a HBF"... 🤣

So tell me mate, how did you feel having to run 7 defenders in 2022?

Why do Pies fans always have to make it about themselves, even when they didn’t make finals and will be bottom dwelling for the foreseeable future.

Jesus christ 25 lol.

Smith for 17 and a cooked Daniel for 25.

Brady is really brainless.
Could not believe this. The funny part is it’s the same list managers every year that make bad trades.

Pick 25 in a great draft for a 28 yo half back flanker that doesn’t defend.

Clarkson knows his list is horrible and now coaching for himself

Shows again that the system is stacked against the poor clubs when North have to give pick 25 for Caleb Daniel whilst Cats get to steal Bailey Smith for only 8 picks less. The system is broken.

Shows again that the system is stacked against the poor clubs when North have to give pick 25 for Caleb Daniel whilst Cats get to steal Bailey Smith for only 8 picks less. The system is broken.
Not really. One was contracted and one wasn’t. North overpaid. Shouldn’t have targeted a contracted player if they knew they’d have to overpay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back