Congrats Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

What good news for the Kanga-poos!!!!

Maybe that will begin to subside their $5 Million overdraft that seems to get bigger every week.

And of course it will make them feel like they are contributing when the have no other financial choice but to move to QLD and merge with Southport. I mean how rude would they feel, merging with a club that has over 100,000 members and only bringing their bad debts!

Why do you have 25,000 members and only 14,500 turn up to a match. And it doesn,t matter who it was against does it? I wouldn't miss one. What sort of members don't turn up?? Or do have to buy a 2 for 1 offer.

It is a great effort for the kangaroos to convert their support into members because there are a hell of a lot of teams who are acknowledged to have more supporters yet trail dismally in terms of membership numbers.

As for us, last on the ladder and last in members. Roll on 2001, QUICKLY!

I don't know the figures but I suspect the Roos' 25000 members translating to poor attendances probably relates to a strong interstate membership base.

They have had a strong push for members in NSW and if they have say 5000 members there hat would explain why only 6500 turned up against Port.

Yeah right Southport 100,000 plus members of the GAMING club. They would really dray themselves away from the pokies to see a footy team I am sure.

Good stuff Kangas fight for your club and to hell with the doomsayers.

That's right Grendel.

They were interviewing the CEO of Southport on the nightly sports show on 3AW a couple of months ago and he was carrying on about how many members they have and how they should be the next team into the AFL.

Mike Sheahan was getting really excited as was Gerard Healy. Anyone with half a brain though would've realised there had to be a catch. Then it was revealed that all those members pay $5 each to be a member of the Gaming club.

I think Southport are living in dreamland.

Members are members who support the club whether they turn up at every game or not.

Like Hawthorn, Kangaroo members support that club's right to exist.

For those who sneer at high memberships but lower turnouts for games, take a look at AFL members. They average 4.5 H&A games each per year. That is an ABYSMAL rate of attendance.
(I heard those figures used last year on the radio)

Exactly the same as kangaroo members. I'm actually very surprised they got so many as the many membership options on their website this year were very confusing

Drakey,

This year is just dragging on and on!
A win would turn it around. I just can't remember what they feel like.

biggrin.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at realfooty news and the official membership for Norff is 22,156. Like Longjohns brain you seem to be missing a few thousand??????????

Jaffa, I think your team will beat us on Friday. I have stopped kidding myself and am now looking forward to the end of the year where we can get rid of the deadwood and continue to rebuild the team. Having said that I will definitely be attending our last 4 games in Vic. Thrashings like last week only make me want to go to the footy more.

And I just want to bring up another point. There has been a suggestion that the AFL want to get rid of the concessional draft picks for teams winning less than 5 games, possibly effective immediately.

That would just top off the year 2000 to a treat!
frown.gif

Here are the facts.

The League for some Bizarre reason were not prepared to count associated members, 3097 of them.

So the League used the Number 22156 and The North Melbourne Football Club used the correct number of 25253, over Twenty Five Thousand, CONGRATULAIONS KANGAROOS, a 17% increase.

Associated Members are animals for whom they have been unable to forge signatures. See them all at the zoo for the North Members dinner every night!
smile.gif

It is the first level of membership that you can get at North, it costs $35.00 and you have no rights to attend games. Many interstate and working members purchase them.

If North were to include 1 home game in the membership, and increase the price to $47.00 the membership would be counted.

Fib, were you born a fool or is it something you have developed over your life?

I have no problem with all members of clubs being counted.

PS. that was funny when some cool dude stole your handle, you gutles growth.

Say sorry, I was right.

This appeared in an article in the AGE today, how many members?

"The Kangaroos, with 25,250 members this season"

SO CONGRATULATIONS KANGAROOS, a 17% increase in membership sales from last year.

Yes they sent me a memberhsip and one for each of my kids at the zoo.

But why did Gerry Giraffe get a gold membership, and Leo the Lion doesnt even barrack for them.

There will be trouble in the zoo tonight.

Pooboy, I would admit to being a 'gutles' growth if I knew what that was?. And please a 'cool dude' taking my handle would certainly let you off the hook.
Last but not least don't be so defensive, you can have all those extra members (if only they would go to a match though)

ps: nice jumpers, should get you heaps more supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back