Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Port, deserving Premiers.

Good on Mark Williams as well - has put up with a lot over the last few years, and seeing his emotions and his speech after the game was great to see.

Back to back for the Power? Very good chance I reckon.

Cheers.

So the monkey is OFF the back and the celebrations are here to stay...enjoy it POWER fans as your team made it all worthwhile after all the heartache.

Congratulations on winning the BIG ONE ...I felt really pleased for Choppy !

Mark 'Choco' Williams has my support in giving back the crap he has gone thru ...great sting in the speech

Shinboners said:
Well done Power - rapt for you guys, especially blokes like Santos L Helper, Macca19, Porthos, Ford Fairlane, Asgardian, and others who I've had great footy chats with.

Enjoy the celebrations lads.

I reckon a giant has awoken - the rest of us in the AFL should be afraid, very afraid.

Many thanks Shinners, and to all others giving their congrats.

Just wanted to say congratulations on a great win – enjoy the euphoria of your first flag while it lasts. :)
Most of you know that although I hate the Power with a passion – but I enjoy a reasonable discussion / argument with most of you…although there are a few that don’t respond very well to reason
One thing I wanted to say was that when the Power came into the competition in ’97 – all I could think about was Showdowns and ladder position of the Crows relative to the Power. A funny thing happened when we won the flag later that year…. I, and others realised that there were bigger fish to fry than just the inane comparisons between Power and the AFC. Although I love to win them – showdowns became less important to the point that I’d gladly sacrifice winning all showdowns just for the chance to play in Grand Finals each year.
We have seen recently the obsession that power players, officials, and supporters have had with the Crows – demonstrated by their insistence of mentioning us even during some of your club’s finest moments. I am genuinely hoping that yesterday’s success does the same thing for you guys as it did for most of us in ’97 – in that it will divert your attention from the constant inferiority complex driven comparisons that most power supporters go on with – and make way for a good healthy rivalry instead of the embarrassing childish crap that we’ve had so far.

Enjoy your win - here’s to getting over 1990 !

congrats port, a well deserved win, when i saw the celebrations after the win over the saints last week i thought you were gone, but full credit to 'choco' and the boys a great win over the lions. bye the way williams comments to allan scott after the game were legendary. it must feel pretty good to prove so many people wrong, enjoy it while it lasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noddy said:
Bloody ### **## & bloody ###**## @##*##

but after all that congratulations on a great victory..
Thanks Noddy.
If I recall correctly, you have a couple of brothers who are Port Supporters?
I hope you had a bet with each and every one of them. :D

Sincere congrats to Port for such an awesome, committed display against one of the best sides in history. Must be a very sweet victory for all supporters and players. In hindsight, with Ashcroft and Hart out of the Brisbane side from previous GF's, Brisbane had no chance to contain Port's great array of quick small forwards. Also well done to Monty and Josh, who both deserve to share in the glory. Enjoy!

Well done Port. I went to the game expecting to see a Brisbane flogging, I hadn't figured on Brisbane being the needless agressors and Port the methodical, measured, skillful team they were. I still can't get over the games of Pickett, Wanganeen and the Burgoyne's. It was a pleasure too watch, it definitely overshadowed the excitement of seeing some pretty full on dust ups, and finally the AFL replaying the best of them on the big screen. Seriously, I'd be damn proud to be a Port fan, because it was a fantastic day and great hearing all you guys yelling "Power!!, Power!!". Now, the club song? Can we do anything about that?

Congrats to PAFC and all supporters.
Great to see the top team of the last 3 years finally get that elusive premiership.
Hard enough to get there, harder to win, even harder to back it up, good luck for 2005.
At this moment in time you are what all others aspire to be, a worthy Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back