Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh well in guys, had an oustanding year.

Not much anybody can say now after that, but keep your heads up n good luck for next season.

Agreed, congratulations on your year. Having been wholloped by your team the week before, I am somewhat thankful we didn't have to face up to Geelong today. Seeing as though all your young players have not yet hit their full potential, I think we'll be seeing many more Port vs Geelong matches in the year ahead.

Full marks to Geelong for their humility and graciousness in victory. Warren could have done better in his podium speech. Sorry to dig the nails into ourselves, but there are times when words need to be carefully chosen. He had an opportunity to represent all of us in his 20secs - IMO he didn't do it well enough.

Full marks to Geelong for their humility and graciousness in victory. Warren could have done better in his podium speech. Sorry to dig the nails into ourselves, but there are times when words need to be carefully chosen. He had an opportunity to represent all of us in his 20secs - IMO he didn't do it well enough.

I was waiting for his bow.

Coming from a pies supporter i can say how much it is a kick in the guts to lose at least one grand final.

It's the one game everyone will judge your season on, not all the hard work and effort that came before it.

From a fans point of view a few of your players let you down... Think of next year... or 2004.

Even though Port Adelaide lost today, 2007 was a great season for you guys. Last year you were almost in the bottom four, but full credit for making the grand final. You guys if you put the effort it can be outstanding, just look to one week ago and what you did to the Kangaroos. If my team made the grand final I would be over the moon. Every team loses every year, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Good Luck in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man that was painful enough to watch as a neutral let alone as a diehard supporter.

Commiserations - forget the crap you will cop from some quarters .....at least you made it (in a year where really a GF appearance was more than most anticipated).

Geelong are very good too lets not make any mistake about that. How will you bounce back is the key question.

I am gueesing Williams and the match committee learned a lot about some players today.

As we were discussing the game ...Westy v the other Ablett - Ablett did not do a lot and did not draw your number 1 defender - had plenty of support from a tall (Mooney) and Utility (Johnson) and had the ball delivered on aplate. The Hoff got pantsed by Scarlett (not the first, won't be the last) but had little to no support and the ball pumped in under pressure.

Question is will this pain lead Hoff and Co to hit the gym and work, work, work to meet the level Geelong have set for us all today?

Anyway - its officially cricket season! Have a beer and relax.

You got there guys, your still the second best team for the year.

As the Kangaroos have shown, you can bounce back from a big finals defeat.

I would like to say well done to all you guys sending sincere well wishers.

We all need to remember, Geelong pumped plenty of sides this season and they pumped us 10 fold today, probably a fitting way for them to win as it highlighted how dominant their season was.

I plead with all Port supporters to remain calm and loyal. These guys took us the whole way and our junior boy's or players 10 through to 22 just didn't stack up against Geelong's and that shows the strength of Geelong this season.

I said all week I thought we would win, but when I woke today, listened to all the "perts", I had sung to think we are in trouble. I feared of being pumped, but now I think a pumping will be good. This will bring pain to all the players, but it will bring them back to reality and it should provide inspiration for them to have a HUGE preseason.

I thought Toby Thurstan's was BOG for us today, I didn't assess it on possessions, but on imporvement, dedication and tireless work to try and win.

We will be back next season, as will Geelong, as will 14 other teams, let's wait and see what the season will bring but I can now move on too cricket :)

To think that you guys won a Grand Final only 3 years ago and have rebuilt your team since to the point where you have made another grand final.....thats a huge effort and Port supporters should be very proud.
As with North, Port have not gone down to the bottom 4 for a prolonged period and have shown the determination that makes both clubs great.

Congratulations on your fantastic year, and im sure there are several ahead in the next decade. Im sure a few of your players might be a bit more respectful in the future.

Would love a Port v North GF in a few years.

I would like to say well done to all you guys sending sincere well wishers.

We all need to remember, Geelong pumped plenty of sides this season and they pumped us 10 fold today, probably a fitting way for them to win as it highlighted how dominant their season was.

I plead with all Port supporters to remain calm and loyal. These guys took us the whole way and our junior boy's or players 10 through to 22 just didn't stack up against Geelong's and that shows the strength of Geelong this season.

I said all week I thought we would win, but when I woke today, listened to all the "perts", I had sung to think we are in trouble. I feared of being pumped, but now I think a pumping will be good. This will bring pain to all the players, but it will bring them back to reality and it should provide inspiration for them to have a HUGE preseason.

I thought Toby Thurstan's was BOG for us today, I didn't assess it on possessions, but on imporvement, dedication and tireless work to try and win.

We will be back next season, as will Geelong, as will 14 other teams, let's wait and see what the season will bring but I can now move on too cricket :)

Even though I agree with your line of thinking Fishing Rick04 there is a pumping and then there is a pumping!

Today we were done over like nothing before us. Geelong are a damn good side, very, very good. We on the other hand were pathetic in nearly every aspect of the game. There is not 1 positive that should come of todays game and nor should there be.

Youth, inexperinece or any other reason for dishing up todays effort is IMO nothing more than denial.

Its not the end of the world but man, its not far off either.

It will be very interesting to see the inner strength of our club over the upcoming years after todays effort.

Congrats on a great year dont let today over shadow was has been a big step up from what most people predicted , good years ahead in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back