Contract signings: Brown, McGlynn and Dawson ....

Remove this Banner Ad

hawker19

Senior List
Jan 9, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Media Release
Triple contract celebration for Hawks
Tuesday 3 July 2007
Hawthorn Football Club is pleased to announce three contract signings today.
Campbell Brown, Ben McGlynn and Zac Dawson have extended their contacts at the Hawthorn Football Club.
General Manager of Football Operations, Mark Evans said the Club was excited to secure the signatures of the talented trio.
Were extremely pleased another three of our players have agreed to continue their playing careers with Hawthorn, Evans said.
Brown who has played 86 games with the Hawks has enjoyed a good first half of the season and said he was thrilled to have re-signed with the Club.
Hawthorn is a very exciting place at the moment, there is a really good feel around the Club and I am happy to have re-signed, Brown said.
Campbell has been in career best and All Australian form this year and there is never any doubt he always gives a terrific contest, Evans said.
He has taken his game to a consistently high level and has shown great versatility in playing different roles for the team, he said.
After making his AFL debut in Round 10 last year and being promoted to senior list for 2007, McGlynn said he was looking forward to being part of the Hawks growing and developing list.
We have a great group of young guys here who have become good mates. I am looking forward to being part of the team, developing with them and playing with them for years to come, McGlynn said.
Ben has revelled in the opportunities provided to him and earned a spot on our list from sheer hard work over the summer training period and has continued to show improvement through his enormous work ethic, Evans said.
Dawson, who has been in good form with Box Hill has been unfortunate not to have played a senior game this season due to the form of the senior team and is looking forward to making his 2007 debut in the second half of the season.
Signing in the middle of the season allows me to concentrate on playing good football and hopefully break into the senior side shortly, he said.
Zac is in good form at Box Hill and has made good progress in his development and we are confident when an opportunity arises he will step into the Hawthorn team and perform well, Evans said.
Evans said these signings, along with those of Luke Hodge, Grant Birchall, Max Bailey Rick Ladson, Stephen Gilham and Brad Sewell already this year show a clear indication of the Clubs direction.

Re: Brown, McGlynn and Dawson

Hopefully Dawson's contract included some additional food sponsorship - get some weight on him, he appears to have the skills, pace and footy brain just not the size to go man on man!

Hopefully Dawson's contract included some additional food sponsorship - get some weight on him, he appears to have the skills, pace and footy brain just not the size to go man on man!
Try going down to Box Hill and watching him. You may find that his shape has changed quite considerably to what it was!

Its a bit far from Brissie but I love to hear how the younger guys are going more often - apart from Bigfooty you don't hear too much and the AFL/Hawks website is really poor this year.

s**t hot:D

Beefcake 2000 will do the trick...surprised no-one has tried it :p

Still no contract for Willo?? :( Hopefully soon??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone know how long these contract extensions are for?

I have heard that Brown was offered 3 years.

I don't know about the others.

Great news I think considering all hawk players are getting short contracts.

Thankfully gone seems to be the day when we give 5 year contracts to players like Nick Holland and Jon Hay.

Perform or your out

Browny on 3AW sports tonight now.

Gerard Healy & Dwayne Russell. Got to hear a couple of questions before being rudely interupted by work commitments.

GB: Mike Sheahan said Collingwood where the better team on Sunday night, your thoughts?

Browny: - interruption, Aagh....

DR: You where a bit of wild man, breaking windows etc, what has changed?

Browny: Maturity. The Club put the word on me "pull your head in"

DR: Was it something that was done to you?

Browny: Not really. Just not worth it now days. Lets your club and team mates down.

Basically said he didnt want to let his team mates down.

:thumbsu:
Browny on 3AW sports tonight now.

Gerard Healy & Dwayne Russell. Got to hear a couple of questions before being rudely interupted by work commitments.

GB: Mike Sheahan said Collingwood where the better team on Sunday night, your thoughts?

Browny: - interruption, Aagh....

DR: You where a bit of wild man, breaking windows etc, what has changed?

Browny: Maturity. The Club put the word on me "pull your head in"

DR: Was it something that was done to you?

Browny: Not really. Just not worth it now days. Lets your club and team mates down.

Basically said he didnt want to let his team mates down.

Cheers Rusty:thumbsu:

Great news on the re-signings. All three will play a part in Hawthorn's future. Also, Zac should be just shy of 100kg come next pre-season the way he's going.

Next year our defensive talls will include Croad, Jacobs, Gilham, Murphy, Birchall, Dawson, and Renouf. Also there could be a possibility of Dowler being used back. Roughead has defensive experience as well as Robert Campbell. Croad, Jacobs and Murphy can also be utilized forward if needed.

nice resignings... i'm not sure about dawson yet but from all reports he's been ripping it up in the twos.. so good on him and hope he continues that push for selection. mcglynn and brown are two absolute guns. awesome news

Remove this Banner Ad

Contract signings: Brown, McGlynn and Dawson ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back