List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I still dont know if the floor has been raised.

No TB, 31 year old Kelly and Yeo. This whole raising the floor next year could blow up in our faces
We are 1 genuine mid away from moving in the right direction that mid is not Dev BTW .

Yeo , Kelly, Harley is what we had this year .
We still have that but added Baker and Graham.

Pick 12 isn't going to come in and make an instant impact . Pick 3 may have .

At pick 12 the only ready made player to me is Cooper Hynes. Kid is a beast .

Allen might be able to play off the HBF

Hall could step up and obviously Hewett in his 3rd year can if fit .

Jack Hutchinson 23 192cm 92kgs is the one . Come on down kid and make your mark . After his first proper pre season he could be vary exciting

I didn't say they would, hence the maybe...
I know. But if I reply to the poster who suggested such a trade, I get called a troll. And then I read Keys said exactly the same thing, and wonder if Obeanie1 will actually provide a rebuttal.

We are 1 genuine mid away from moving in the right direction that mid is not Dev BTW .

Jack Hutchinson 23 192cm 92kgs is the one . Come on down kid and make your mark . After his first proper pre season he could be vary exciting
After the preseason hype Hall was quite disappointing. Hopefully stays fit over the preseason and the throughout the year. As much as we needing more star quality mids in there a blue collar B grade type mid is also needed.

I’ve all but ruled out Chesser but hanging on that Mcqualter might be a god send for his career.

Perhaps unlike this season he spends his time with Beagles(presumably as mid) and is made to earn his way into the senior side

13 GIF reactions to the fact that poverty is sexist - ONE.org US
1729419919038.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the preseason hype Hall was quite disappointing. Hopefully stays fit over the preseason and the throughout the year. As much as we needing more star quality mids in there a blue collar B grade type mid is also needed.

I’ve all but ruled out Chesser but hanging on that Mcqualter might be a god send for his career.

Perhaps unlike this season he spends his time with Beagles(presumably as mid) and is made to earn his way into the senior side
I can see hall having the same progress as wilem Drew from Port. Start getting consistent games and having more impact in his 3rd year .

Inside mid especially where we want hall to play is a physically taxing position where you need a developed body .

Hopefully Graham can take the brunt of that the next couple of seasons

I have the feeling that the Dees targeted 9 to guarantee Lindsay.
He seems very much their type.
Lindsay doesn’t have the pace of Caleb Windsor but they are similar, line breaking metres gained players. Windsor more with his speed and Lindsay more with his kicking and has an inside game. They are both 70m transition players IMO so perhaps a little too similar for Melbourne to take Lindsay.

I think they will target Langford and Allan (or a KPF). Their game plan centres around Gawn winning the hit out and their mids getting first hands on the ball. Langford and Allan are developed enough to play short midfield bursts whilst spending most of their time on a HFF and HBF respectively if their form warrants selection.

We HAVE to get this guy.

Electric.

These highlights are Cyril like

I really hate that we gave those late picks to Carlton, worried it could screw us with a champion bid should it come earlier then expected.

Imagine we go into next year with a deficit or have to pass on champion. Would be the icing on the cake.

Yeah, for a bloke we traded up to get and was described as ready made and plug and play, Hall was a bit lacklustre. More so for the Beagles rather than his AFL games.

He was hyped a fair bit by the club and track watchers before he got hurt in that pre season game, so that might've raised expectations.

I'm still adamant Chesser never really got his solid block in the WAFL to build him up properly. Go back, play mid and you'll be there until you string together x amount of games with x amount of KPI'S.

Seems his WAFL stint was a brief one and he was soon back into the side and playing the usual somewhat invisible role, as per normal.

His disposals and a lot of his other stat averages actually went backwards in 2024 from the previous season 🤦‍♂️

Lindsay doesn’t have the pace of Caleb Windsor but they are similar, line breaking metres gained players. Windsor more with his speed and Lindsay more with his kicking and has an inside game. They are both 70m transition players IMO so perhaps a little too similar for Melbourne to take Lindsay.

I think they will target Langford and Allan (or a KPF). Their game plan centres around Gawn winning the hit out and their mids getting first hands on the ball. Langford and Allan are developed enough to play short midfield bursts whilst spending most of their time on a HFF and HBF respectively if their form warrants selection.
Windsor on one wing, Lindsay on the other or on a HBF sharing duties with Rivers when he rotates mid. It's a tantalising prospect.

They'll have no interest in Langford and he'll slide to us ;)

We'll then trade back in with Hawks F1 + F2 and get TT :p

I really hate that we gave those late picks to Carlton, worried it could screw us with a champion bid should it come earlier then expected.

Imagine we go into next year with a deficit or have to pass on champion. Would be the icing on the cake.
It's all going to be fine. Matt Clarke will trade one of our future 1sts on draft night to get pick 41+70 to cover the picks needed for Malaki

We have 2xF2s and 2xF3 to trade back in if we need to and really want him

Yeah, for a bloke we traded up to get and was described as ready made and plug and play, Hall was a bit lacklustre. More so for the Beagles rather than his AFL games.

He was hyped a fair bit by the club and track watchers before he got hurt in that pre season game, so that might've raised expectations.

I'm still adamant Chesser never really got his solid block in the WAFL to build him up properly. Go back, play mid and you'll be there until you string together x amount of games with x amount of KPI'S.

Seems his WAFL stint was a brief one and he was soon back into the side and playing the usual somewhat invisible role, as per normal.

His disposals and a lot of his other stat averages actually went backwards in 2024 from the previous season 🤦‍♂️
Yeah Halls wafl form was all over the spot. Had some decent games and had some average ones. But do recall he spent time outside to. Simmo valued versatility from the day he stepped foot in the club. Overall thats a nice thing to have but I don’t think it was smart thing for every player. Need Hall and Chesser in the guts in that wafl team.

As funny as it sounds a few kids have mentioned how sheeds been one of the players they’ve been learning midfield craft off. Hopefully in his last days he can help develop some off these kids next seAson. Staying fit and on the park would also go a long way

very exciting or vary exciting?

Yeah Halls wafl form was all over the spot. Had some decent games and had some average ones. But do recall he spent time outside to. Simmo valued versatility from the day he stepped foot in the club. Overall thats a nice thing to have but I don’t think it was smart thing for every player. Need Hall and Chesser in the guts in that wafl team.
Funny about Simmo valuing versatility so much yet when we actually won the flag, it was due to players actually playing in their preferred positions and not pigeon-holed elsewhere.

Strange he veered away from that after '18.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back