List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending where the bid comes (if at all) we can quite easily get the points we need using our future picks should we want to

Not sure this one's worth stressing over

Posted it before but our current picks (73 and 81) will come in around 8-10 spots due to bid matching earlier which will give us enough points to cover a bid from ~45 onwards

I haven’t read or seen many lists that have him ranked that high

Dewar is a Cat B rookie so he stays there unless in the unlikely event there’s no bid on Champion and we are then able to prelist him as a Cat B.

That would require Dewar being moved to the rookie or main list

There’s no imperative to move guys onto the main list as from a playing POV there’s no difference

Rookie list wages also sit outside the salary cap other than match payments

The last 2 or 3 seasons we’ve run with 5 rookies so I don’t think we promote anyone onto the main list unless we have to
Only situation I can see this happening is if we want to take two cat A rookies so Maric goes to the main list to create the second spot. Still think we missed a trick by not cutting Rawlinson with this draft, especially now that we’ve recruited Owies.

Rotham looks gone- from his instagram:

I love this footy club and have been spoilt with some of the best mentors I could have imagined. Got drafted with my best mate, gained some more and got to live out my childhood dream of playing AFL in these colours.

4 qtrs on the weekend is gold, but the belly laughs, doom sessions, footy trips, and relationships you build in between are just as special. It’s brought Mads and I a tonne of joy and I’m so grateful for it

Finish up bloody proud and hope I made my people feel the same way at some stage along the way too. I have no doubt this club will be back where it belongs in no time🫡💙

All love playas

Roth x

That's a sample size of one year. Would be interesting to look at every AFL year over the past 20 years before forming an opinion.

Some drafts are better than others. Richmond must rate this draft highly and can always move back into the following year.
It would be interesting but I'm too lazy to do that myself.

Last time Richmond had a suite of picks like this though, they went Tambling over Franklin...

Worked as a scout for WCE in 2021? You've been talking like you're in their inner circle this year.
Worked as a scout but "my weakness is junior talent evaluation"?
You're not directly involved but you've been talking like you're in the room and privy to a lot of really specific conversations
Runs an independent consultancy contracted to clubs but only on the books for one year?
Move on dude. Simple.

Wild that someone can be (basically) sacked and still express love for the place.

Rotham's classier than me.

What's he gonna say? F*ck you Eagles, F*ck you McQualter? I'm sure he's privately disappointed but if you got a brain I don't think you'd be flipping out on social media, especially if you want another gig in the league on another list.

What's he gonna say? F*ck you Eagles, F*ck you McQualter? I'm sure he's privately disappointed but if you got a brain I don't think you'd be flipping out on social media, especially if you want another gig in the league on another list.I
Not posting is an option, I don't think the other 3 delisted on Friday posted anything.

What's he gonna say? F*ck you Eagles, F*ck you McQualter? I'm sure he's privately disappointed but if you got a brain I don't think you'd be flipping out on social media, especially if you want another gig in the league on another list.

I expected him to be at the protest at Lathlain wearing a Jarrad Brander t-shirt.

homer simpson GIF

With the departure of Rotham we now have 10 players who will start 2025 between the ages of 26-29

Five of them have arrived at the club since the end of the 2022 season. Three this year

It shouldn’t be that big a surprise we sought to bolster that age group

Well done West Coast...

The amount of times I've watched this guy at Optus trail his man... Or not spoil when he had the chance... Or drop simple marks... Or not take the game on...

All the best Rotham but we have instantly become better!... Physically has afl attributes but mentally weak.

Bring in a reliable delisted free agent defender...or go to draft... Happy days

List cloggers be gone!

MEGA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without reading hundreds of pages - where is Winder at? Obviously, we should know more about him than 16 clubs at least.
He got blind drunk whilst representing west coast at afl function and headbutted a tourist who couldn't speak English over a taxi that wasn't even his .

He was lucky the guy left Australia and didn't pursue the matter .

Doubt we pick him up again .

With Barrass going, medium defender depth in Witho and Rotham delisted, Bazzo has question marks, Gov won’t stay fit forever…

We must be looking to get one or both of Carroll from Carlton and Clurey from Port as back up.

No way we go into the season with the current backline options

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Barrass going, medium defender depth in Witho and Rotham delisted, Bazzo has question marks, Gov won’t stay fit forever…

We must be looking to get one or both of Carroll from Carlton and Clurey from Port as back up.

No way we go into the season with the current backline options

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

bring back the weagles web

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back