Controversial - Cox shouldn't be AA ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hille is number one for hit outs to advantage, goals, possessions and clearances out of all the ruckmen currently going around (OTC).

Clearly the best atm

Hitouts to advantage is the important stat.

Better to only get 15 hitouts but have 9 go to advantage as opposed to doing a Sandi and winning 45 with 8 going to advantage.

Take a look at the 1:47 mark, love to see how many times a match Cox and Sandilands do that. Effectively hip and shouldered 3 people in the space of 15 seconds resulting in an essendon goal.

[youtube]ygqp415D9js[/youtube]

Now hear me out. Cox has been racking up the possessions and hitouts this year, but he seems to be having little affect on the match. And that is the point I want to make out of this thread. The ruckman having the most affect on his team's outcome is David Hille. The reason for this is he is not skulking around collecting cheap kicks, but is in fact imposing his frame into the contest and giving his midfielders a great opportunity to clear the ball, if he does not in fact, clear the ball himself.

Ottens was the most influential big man last year along with Lade, as they did similar to what Hille is doing right now.

I believe we are getting carried away with the stats that Cox is accumulating and not seeing the fact that he is not an influential footballer atm. This is why the AA selectors should chuck out the stats when it comes to ruckman and ask, who is having the most influence on their team?

Bombers have won 4 straight and you think Hille is better than Cox, take a breath before you go making statements like that
When the bombers are playing finals and Hille is a AA ruckman and a premiership ruckman then you may have a right to speak...

Cox is one of the few west coasters that have been playing well this year. Deserves AA selection as number 1 ruckmen. He dominates the hitouts and gets lots of touches. wat r u talking about of course Cox will be in the AA Team.

Bombers have won 4 straight and you think Hille is better than Cox, take a breath before you go making statements like that
When the bombers are playing finals and Hille is a AA ruckman and a premiership ruckman then you may have a right to speak...

Cox won't be that this year either, so your statement is completely meaningless

yep. I don't care how many junk hit-outs Cox and Sandilands are hitting to the opposition midfielders.

Hille's impact is unsurpassed at the moment and he is clearly the dominant ruckman in the competition, and should be the AA first ruck

Robbie Campbell shit all over Hille, he is improving but not the best or AA atm..

Cox won't be that this year either, so your statement is completely meaningless

How many finals or premirships has Hille played in and won?

the Weagles are in tanking mode so his midfielders are making him look bad coz they as crap as crap can be..
Nothing to do with Cox,s ruck work, and my point isnt meaningless coz Hille has only played 4 good games....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many finals or premirships has Hille played in and won?

the Weagles are in tanking mode so his midfielders are making him look bad coz they as crap as crap can be..
Nothing to do with Cox,s ruck work, and my point isnt meaningless coz Hille has only played 4 good games....
Im guessing you have onyl watched 4 Essendon games this year?

Also i remember Hille was involved in our elimination final win agaisnt melbourne, he was the matchwinner also that day kicking 3 goals in the final qtr.

no he hasn't.

& the AA team isn't picked on previous years exploits

Dont forget Cox has been playing with an injury for a long time, and had his coach any consideration he would have let Cox have the op that he needs to get his foot right for next year...

Hilli will AA if he continues this for another 12 months or so, our big boy Robbie isnt AA yet but he deserves it before Hille gets AA...

How many premierships or finals has Sandilands and Campbell played in? :rolleyes:

You idiot.

1st of all Dustbin dont call me an idiot, and you bombers are the ones who think your big boy is AA ahead of Cox and i,m making a valid point that Cox is carrying an inury and considering the crap midfields the Weagles have apart from Kerr he is doing a dam good job............

1st of all Dustbin dont call me an idiot, and you bombers are the ones who think your big boy is AA ahead of Cox and i,m making a valid point that Cox is carrying an inury and considering the crap midfields the Weagles have apart from Kerr he is doing a dam good job............

Well Hille is AA at the moment for all of the reasons mentioned. Yes Cox is carrying an injury we all know and acknowledge that.

You made a poor comparasion/statement about how many finals or premierships Hille has played in compared to Campbell and Sandilands. Hence me calling you an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Controversial - Cox shouldn't be AA ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back