Kane Cornes should be removed from the AA panel immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a rumour that fearless football journo Kane Cornes, who will criticise anything and everything that he perceives is wrong in the AFL, has held his tongue about the disgraceful behaviour of Port Adelaide, Ken and the club doctor over the Aliir concussion incident.

Surely this can't be true.

I heard a rumour that fearless football journo Kane Cornes, who will criticise anything and everything that he perceives is wrong in the AFL, has held his tongue about the disgraceful behaviour of Port Adelaide, Ken and the club doctor over the Aliir concussion incident.

Surely this can't be true.

Well he’s their family Doctor and basically saved the life of one of their children so I can understand why he backs him

So, you're justifying his flagrant hypocrisy with a conflict of interest.

Grubby situation gets even grubbier.
pretty grubby response from you tbh

Oh, a virtue signaller. How nice.
about a bloke not criticizing someone who basically saved their kids life?

Yep, happy to virtue signal on that one

about a bloke not criticizing someone who basically saved their kids life?

Yep, happy to virtue signal on that one

In isolation, this is reasonable.

But in this case, there's a glaring conflict of interest, given how hard Kane goes at every other perceived bad act in football.

You're accepting that it's ok for him to be a hypocrite on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's true (the Port doc saving his kids life), he should just publicly acknowledge the conflict and not make comment IMO. I think ppl would respect that.

exactly this. It’s what a real journalist with integrity would do.

In isolation, this is reasonable.

But in this case, there's a glaring conflict of interest, given how hard Kane goes at every other perceived bad act in football.

You're accepting that it's ok for him to be a hypocrite on this.
Aren't I virtue signalling?

Pick a lane

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

If that's true (the Port doc saving his kids life), he should just publicly acknowledge the conflict and not make comment IMO. I think ppl would respect that.

Isn't that what he did do?

No, he said that good ppl make mistakes and the club should stick with him. That's a pretty clear comment to me.

He explained his relationship first and then gave that opinion, and kept out of the rest.

exactly this. It’s what a real journalist with integrity would do.
Cornes is about as much of a f****** journalist as he is a fireman. In reality, just a run-of-the-mill muckraker, created by the mischief-hungry media to incite outrage. He brings bugger all to the game of AFL besides the inciting of pile-ons - just a Facebook comments section dream.

There's very little tactical nouse in what he raises, nor does he add any fun to following the game like the panelists who have traditionally commented on it over the decades. It's just fabricated outrage, and the game would certainly be no worse off if he just disappeared from the media tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back