Cooney... to sit out a year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crap Stalker

He looks back at SA where both clubs have money, facilities and huge support. He did not choose to go to the dogs.

If you think things like this do not matter you have never played sport. Facilities = better performance, he knows that, I know that, you obviously do not.

Farren Ray is rumoured to be unhappy also.

Originally posted by stalker
Tige19 you moron, obviously you have never watched him play so stop talking crap like an absolute amateur, I swear to God you sound like my girlfriend when she talks about football, you have absolutely no idea about what a good footballer is let alone a good prospect. If you had seen Cooney play you would have noticed what strength this kid has, he can get the hard ball and will keep his feet when tackled and dish off to a running player... As far as I know these are sought after characteristics. So, all you morons stop talking crap and spreading rumours about something you know nothing about, and please stop talking about who will be a good player and who will not 'cause you're just embarassing yourselves...

Absolutely right Stalker, shows R.Harvey type qualities the way he can stand and deliver when has being tackled. Have you noticed the amount of times he offers leads and is ignored ?. It really sh*its me and i bet it sh*ts him to.
After a good pre-season or two he will definitely become a gun midfielder

I've played a bit of footy Morgoth, and the fact that we didn't have hot water after training didn't stop me from falling in love with the club and its people. My point is Cooney will never leave the dogs because of the facilities and trust me they're not that bad, and if he does then we are better off without him. I don't know who you follow and don't really care, I feel sorry for you. You obviously take joy in other people's misfortune, and you're probably one of those people that would rather see your rival lose than for your team to win. Cooney and Ray will both fall in love with the club if they already have not. If they are the type of young men that I think they are, they will soon realise that the true happiness is in the struggle for greatness and will not come when it is handed to you on a plate....

How can anyone can Cooney half way through his rookie season. Seriously folks get real. How did Hird and Voss go at 18 in the AFL?

Originally posted by Shooter
Travis Johnstone.

Cooney's just a kid, he'll probably come good. Johnstone, on the other hand, is one for the ages.:D
Yeah, but at least the two picks after him are no good either (Ottens and Croad).

How is Chris Judd going?

Re: tige19 - you are an idiot

Originally posted by smilingassassin

You have a very short memory fool. Des Hedland polled 16 votes in the 2003 Brownlow medal count.

wrong 16 votes were in 2002 under Brisbane he polled 6 last year, typical bandwagon docker, learn your current players stats before pretending your a know all, he only polled that well under the lions because he was around players that made him look good whats he done at Freo since coming over???

Over here in the West, we don't jump off as quickly as you do at Richmond. Hedland will be a star of the future.

thats the biggest load of crap I have ever read, you docker supporters are one of the biggest bandwagon jumpers going around your current membership figure is that perfect example to that !!

By the way - we want Coghlan back -

bwahaha well tough luck, he is ours now, you can have Headland we will keep Cogs any day, future RFC captain

you can keep the rest - including your $600,000 per year man - Gasper. talk about a waste of money

gaspar would look great in purple i would have thought LOL

well if we are on the homesickness thing..i just spoke to a good aquinas buddy to chris johnson who is on melbourne's list at the moment. apparantly chris is really struggling and was almost in tears saying how much he missed perth's weather/ lifestyle and his mates.

he also mentioned the eagles are giving him alot of 'support' .

Originally posted by theorangeapple
well if we are on the homesickness thing..i just spoke to a good aquinas buddy to chris johnson who is on melbourne's list at the moment. apparantly chris is really struggling and was almost in tears saying how much he missed perth's weather/ lifestyle and his mates.

haha

I can confirm this isn't true.

Originally posted by lamby29
haha

I can confirm this isn't true.

look im not trying to wind anyone up hear.

i was told by his mate nick. im not suggesting he wants to come homem, just home sick like alot of young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by stalker
Tige19 you moron, obviously you have never watched him play so stop talking crap like an absolute amateur, I swear to God you sound like my girlfriend when she talks about football, you have absolutely no idea about what a good footballer is let alone a good prospect. If you had seen Cooney play you would have noticed what strength this kid has, he can get the hard ball and will keep his feet when tackled and dish off to a running player... As far as I know these are sought after characteristics. So, all you morons stop talking crap and spreading rumours about something you know nothing about, and please stop talking about who will be a good player and who will not 'cause you're just embarassing yourselves...

Ok if i have ever read a load of crap this would be it, probably the most pathetic post i have ever read on BF.
Mate i would tell you right now that i would have seen Adam play 8-10 times this yea including intra club and praccy games.
Coons has some excellent attributes, he is strong hard at the ball has very very nice skills and can bust a pack all of which a modern day player needs.
He also has some terrible negatives in his game, his fat plain and simple the guys skinnys are in the bottom 5 at the doggies, his aerobic capacity is a massive massive problem for him i cant see Adam ever being a starting Midfielder as his fitness and body type wont allow him (ala Luke Hodge). He cannot read the play often when watching Cooney play he will run around like a headless chook he leads out wide and runs in every direction except straight, have you ever seen Cooney run to shephard,smother or punch??? defensive game is non exisitant.

Adam will no doubt be a good player in years to come but he is the type of guy who needs very good footballers around him so he can play well. He needs to get great delievery he needs to be put in positions where good midfielders can feed him the ball without being able to work overly hard.
Put it this way Adam Cooney would be a gun if he was at Brisbane or Port Adelaide not the Western Bulldogs.

cheers

chris johnson who is on melbourne's list at the moment. apparantly chris is really struggling and was almost in tears saying how much he missed perth's weather/ lifestyle and his mates.

Didn't Johnson go to the Dees under the father and son rule?.

It is not as if he went in the draft raffle.

These Aquinas boys are maybe not as tough as they are made out to be ..........

Originally posted by tige19
Ok if i have ever read a load of crap this would be it, probably the most pathetic post i have ever read on BF.
Mate i would tell you right now that i would have seen Adam play 8-10 times this yea including intra club and praccy games.
Coons has some excellent attributes, he is strong hard at the ball has very very nice skills and can bust a pack all of which a modern day player needs.
He also has some terrible negatives in his game, his fat plain and simple the guys skinnys are in the bottom 5 at the doggies, his aerobic capacity is a massive massive problem for him i cant see Adam ever being a starting Midfielder as his fitness and body type wont allow him (ala Luke Hodge). He cannot read the play often when watching Cooney play he will run around like a headless chook he leads out wide and runs in every direction except straight, have you ever seen Cooney run to shephard,smother or punch??? defensive game is non exisitant.

Adam will no doubt be a good player in years to come but he is the type of guy who needs very good footballers around him so he can play well. He needs to get great delievery he needs to be put in positions where good midfielders can feed him the ball without being able to work overly hard.
Put it this way Adam Cooney would be a gun if he was at Brisbane or Port Adelaide not the Western Bulldogs.

cheers

i think Stalker is right.....

YOU HAVE NO IDEA......

Originally posted by Gets!
He hasn't had that bad of a year...he definetely has the skills.

Riewoldt had a shocking first year, worse than cooney's. Give him a break.

Only because Riewoldt hardly played a game in his first year! He was injured for most of it! He romped in the Rising Star the next year.
Your argument is misleading!

Originally posted by Gets!
He hasn't had that bad of a year...he definetely has the skills.

Riewoldt had a shocking first year, worse than cooney's. Give him a break.

Cooney would be worth some value but should come good and be a gun for us for years to come.

You cant judge the kid yet, he is getting better every game, the little things he does in games arent noticed by those who dont follow the dogs and only watch us on tele. I dont think he is unhappy, he lives 3 streets down from me and is mates with a kid at my school and he's settled, has made friends and has a part-time job.

Cooney will be a great player, people judge him too harshly because of the No. 1 draftee tag that he plays with.

Bull****

on homesickness, heard Ray's pretty homesick too. He's finding it pretty tough living in Melbourne, doesn't like the city and misses the beaches. (from one of his mates). Didn't say whether he wanted to get traded back, just that he was having a real hard time of it.

Originally posted by jess-jess
on homesickness, heard Ray's pretty homesick too. He's finding it pretty tough living in Melbourne, doesn't like the city and misses the beaches. (from one of his mates). Didn't say whether he wanted to get traded back, just that he was having a real hard time of it.
Easy for us to dismiss their feelings, but to an 18 year old, I can appreciate it.
Would be the same as getting a job interstate and disliking the new lifestyle.

Happens all the time, why not in football?

i heard both farren and cooney didnt sign longer than the 2 year contracts they reciever.
The doggies are stuffed no future at all want seem them past 2010 imagane going to trainign at the whitten oval the club i play for has better facillities its cold derolic and dull the whitten oval agree

Originally posted by jordyblue05
i heard both farren and cooney didnt sign longer than the 2 year contracts they reciever.
The doggies are stuffed no future at all want seem them past 2010 imagane going to trainign at the whitten oval the club i play for has better facillities its cold derolic and dull the whitten oval agree

Calm down, take a deep breath and try again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooney... to sit out a year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back