Copping and Warren gone. Cook retained. No surprises really.

Remove this Banner Ad

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
2007 Playing List
31 October 2006
fremantlefc.com.au
The club today submitted its primary playing list to the AFL that sees recruits Chris Tarrant and Dean Solomon from the 2006 AFL trade week join upgraded rookie Paul Duffield on the senior list for 2007.

The club had previously announced that senior list player Daniel Haines and rookies Toby Stribling, Jack Juniper and Joe Krieger would not be offered contracts for 2007, the club had a further two list changes to make by today’s deadline to provide the three necessary spots of the list ahead of the 2007 National Draft.

Club’s senior playing list must be a maximum of 35, excluding veterans. Shane Parker and Shaun McManus both qualify for veteran status.

Michael Warren, who made his debut in round 7 this year, and Benet Copping, the club’s fourth round selection at the 2004 National Draft, were delisted from the squad. Jarrad Schofield has retired from the AFL.

Fremantle’s selections at the 2006 AFL National Draft will be 31, 52, and 79.

The Fremantle Football Club’s primary playing list for 2007 as advised to the AFL on Tuesday 31 October 2006 is:

BELL, Peter---------IBBOTSON, Garrick
BLACK, Heath-------JOHNSON, Michael
BROWNE, Andrew----LONGMUIR, Justin
CAMPBELL, Adam----McMANUS, Shaun (v)
CARR, Josh ---------McPHARLIN, Luke
CARR, Matthew -----MUNDY, David
COOK, Troy--------- MURPHY, Ryan
CROWLEY, Ryan -----PARKER, Shane (v)
DODD, Steven -------PAVLICH, Matthew
DRUM, Marcus -------PEAKE, Brett
DUFFIELD, Paul ------SANDILANDS, Aaron
DUNN, Ryley ---------SCHAMMER, Byron
FARMER, Jeffrey ------SOLOMON, Dean
GILMORE, Daniel ------TARRANT, Chris
GROVER, Antoni -------THORNTON, Scott
HADDRILL, Robert ------WALKER, James
HASLEBY, Paul ---------WARNOCK, Robert
HAYDEN, Roger ---------WEBSTER, Luke
HEADLAND, Des

Browne
Dunn
Campbell
Webster
Cook
Headland
Walker
Gilmore
Haddrill

Macca & Parker (vets)

All of these guys will need big (or at least promising) seasons to get beyond 2007, IMO.

i'd expect Macca, Parker and Cook to all retire at the end of 2007.

Hadrill could become very useful again if he stays injury free.

The rest you list need to lift big time!

ImperialPurple said:
Browne
Dunn
Campbell
Webster
Cook
Headland
Walker
Gilmore
Haddrill

Macca & Parker (vets)

All of these guys will need big (or at least promising) seasons to get beyond 2007, IMO.

Disagree on Webster, Headland and perhaps Campbell.

I'd say

Cook (ret)
Parker (ret)
McManus (ret)
Browne
Haddrill
Walker
Dunn
Gilmore
Ibbotson (?)

Kenny_01 said:

I'd say

Cook (ret)
Parker (ret)
McManus (ret)
Browne
Haddrill
Walker
Dunn
Gilmore
Ibbotson (?)

Ditto with the above. Headland needs to extract his digits. Webster needs to play well as well. Campbell needs to show hes worth perservering with.

Kenny_01 said:

I'd say

Cook (ret)
Parker (ret)
McManus (ret)
Browne
Haddrill
Walker
Dunn
Gilmore
Ibbotson (?)

I'm not saying that that's what I think. But given that the club only gave Webster a one-year deal, it would appear that that is exactly the message that they are giving him - or else they would have given him two years.

I don't seriously think they'll delist Headland, but he may be on much reduced $$ - and a much shorter time frame if he has another shocker of a finals series in 2007.

Campbell they'll likely keep at least as a back-up KPP, and Haddrill will need to get on the park to continue IMO. He's played 4 games in the past 2 years - if he has another injury riddled season you'd have to think that he may have used all his 9-lives.

I really feel for Campbell. He'd be better off at a developing club like Carlton who would give him opportunities, he really needs that exposure at the highest level to develop and force his way into a side. Unfortunately Fremantle has a wealth of key position players at the moment. He's competing with the likes of Pavlich, Murphy, Tarrant, Longmuir and even Drum for a position up forward. I'd like to see more of him in 2007 but I'm afraid the only way this is possible is through a nightmare run of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JCarr
Schammer
Hase
Peake
MCarr
Des
Crowley
McPharlin
Walker
Blackie
Campbell
Dodd
Gilmore
Pav
Drum
Sandi
Jeffrey
Warnock
Ibbotson
Haddrill
Hayden

Taken from the stickied thread regarding contracts and things related, this is the list of players whose contracts are up at the end of next year.

Quite a long list there... :eek:

Reveler said:
i'd expect Macca, Parker and Cook to all retire at the end of 2007.

Hadrill could become very useful again if he stays injury free.

The rest you list need to lift big time!

Not if FCC are trying to ge thim to retire. it was him or warren couldn't keep both.

With hayden, elvis, parker, barru, johnno & groves in the back six and drum, rash & duff beer pushing for a spot he is just relegated to depth player sorry robby its just passed you by.

wehavethepassion said:
Not if FCC are trying to ge thim to retire. it was him or warren couldn't keep both.

With hayden, elvis, parker, barru, johnno & groves in the back six and drum, rash & duff beer pushing for a spot he is just relegated to depth player sorry robby its just passed you by.
What a load of carp!

Haddrill at his best was as good if not better that both Grover and Parker at nulliying the big full forwards of the comp. If he gets back to full fitness he could easily push out either of those two. He's had a horrendous two years, but you have to look back at how good he was circa 2003. At that stage in his career he was dominating in the same fashion that Glass is dominating now, and he is still only 26?.

Write him off at your peril.

hadrill was never as good as glass now

but he is still very good when fit.

glass could go with anyone, hadrill is not quite as fast.

ImperialPurple said:
JCarr
Schammer
Hase
Peake
MCarr
Des
Crowley
McPharlin
Walker
Blackie
Campbell
Dodd
Gilmore
Pav
Drum
Sandi
Jeffrey
Warnock
Ibbotson
Haddrill
Hayden

Taken from the stickied thread regarding contracts and things related, this is the list of players whose contracts are up at the end of next year.

Quite a long list there... :eek:

The important ones there...

Pavlich
Crowley
Drum
Sandilands

You would expect the rest signing up is just formality if they are a required player.

Has Jack Juniper played any good footy for his WAFL side while he was over there??

Roundhouse said:
What a load of carp!

Haddrill at his best was as good if not better that both Grover and Parker at nulliying the big full forwards of the comp. If he gets back to full fitness he could easily push out either of those two. He's had a horrendous two years, but you have to look back at how good he was circa 2003. At that stage in his career he was dominating in the same fashion that Glass is dominating now, and he is still only 26?.

Write him off at your peril.

Agree 100%.

If Haddrill returns to his best we can move McPharlin out to CHB and Haddrill to full back. At the moment CHB is a bit of a problem with Mundy and Johnson better suited as running backmen than they are at shutting down an opponent.

Kenny_01 said:
The important ones there...

Pavlich
Crowley
Drum
Sandilands

You would expect the rest signing up is just formality if they are a required player.

IIRC Drum was a Freo supporter prior to being drafted so I'm pretty confident he'll be staying.

Although it is unlikely Sandilands will leave, opposition clubs will offer him massive money if he comes out of contract so hopefully we have him signed up asap, to prevent his salary from skyrocketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Copping and Warren gone. Cook retained. No surprises really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back