Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to a lot of people from a lot of CDFL Clubs there yesterday. A lot of them very disappointed that the PDFL merge fell through and la ot not happy with the Billabong Crows. I've said this before and have been howled down by some kids about being a sook etc but that is the feelings of these people! Don't want to re-hash things but some of these guys who are well respected in the CDFL are particularly frustrated that club officials (including those from the crows) had spent up to 18 months talking and meeting with the NSW PDFL Clubs to merge, and having just about got over the line, the crows reneged on the deal. Howl me down again folks if you like but before you do how about making some calls to people at the Jerilderie, Rennie and Coly Clubs first eh?

to my knowledge the crows never wanted to go to PDFL, and they said that from the begining.

Hayden Dalitz is an overrated hack.

Bit of a harsh call on a 13-year-old kid who is the reigning under 14s league medallist and favourite to win again this year.

Phil Goldsack was a capable ruckman for Oaklands until he joined the army in about 2000.
I think he played the odd game for the Hawks when he was home but hasn't played much footy in seven years.
As thebird said, he is good enough to become a back up for Evan Fealy if required. I don't think fitness would be an issue, just match practice.
Who is Billabong's current second ruckman?

to my knowledge the crows never wanted to go to PDFL, and they said that from the begining.

Toke - some pretty creditable footy people pointed out to me last sunday that the crows were privy to and present at those meetings before then reneging only recently. Anyway, it's academic now isn't it. I just wanted to make the point that some really good and passionate CDFL people from the stated clubs are ticked off about it. Having said that the VCFL were undoubtedly looking for a reason to pull the pin on it. There are plenty of other reasons why the CDFL looks like folding so it would be unfair to lay all the blame on the crows but gees they didn't help and there's not a lot of good will towards them at the moment. That's a shame as otherwise a lot more supporters (including me) from other clubs would be barracking for them come finals where it looks like they'll give it a real shake! Anyway, I will try and make this my last gripe about the matter.

Has anyone got some good news re the league merges for next year???

Its all up in the air regarding the future of the clubs for 2008. I am disappointed (like other clubs are) that the Crows didn't put on the united front so that clubs could head to their preferred competitions. I still cannot understand why the Crows have done this, they have had so many problems both on and off field since the merger and I would have thought they would have supported the member clubs that had supported them through their difficult times.

Its all up in the air regarding the future of the clubs for 2008. I am disappointed (like other clubs are) that the Crows didn't put on the united front so that clubs could head to their preferred competitions. I still cannot understand why the Crows have done this, they have had so many problems both on and off field since the merger and I would have thought they would have supported the member clubs that had supported them through their difficult times.

wat are the problems since you seem to know so much about it???

Bit of a harsh call on a 13-year-old kid who is the reigning under 14s league medallist and favourite to win again this year.

Phil Goldsack was a capable ruckman for Oaklands until he joined the army in about 2000.
I think he played the odd game for the Hawks when he was home but hasn't played much footy in seven years.
As thebird said, he is good enough to become a back up for Evan Fealy if required. I don't think fitness would be an issue, just match practice.
Who is Billabong's current second ruckman?

micheal browalie... from wat people have told be that he used to be an exceptional centre half back!!! is this correct??

I think he's actually a new player to the competition this year so I don't know anything about him.
I don't think he's appeared in the best players much, which is the only guide I get outside the Saints.

i actually mean from wat i heard phillip goldsack was an extremly good centre half back???

yeh he probly was...when he gets back in town and starts to play he will probly start there...cause the 2nds have a 2003 senior grand finalist with the oaklands hawks (jason haberman) if he wasnt to busy truck driving and could make training he would get into the crows seniors with ease... but goldsack will probly swop with haberman cause haberman can play good as the kick behind play type guy... and derects play good..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I played on Goldsack a few times. He wasnt a bad ruckman, was fairly pacey and had a real dip. Unlucky name though. The crows current ruckman big Micks not a bad player and Evan is tough as nails.

who is the most underated and overrated player for the coreen league senior teams
Patto from cdhbu is an underated player. I think he has one a b+f out there. He could be one of their most important players come sept.
Cris Marshall played awesome in the inter-league a few weeks ago. he sneaks under the radar a bit because of his lack of size.

Patto from cdhbu is an underated player. I think he has one a b+f out there. He could be one of their most important players come sept.
Cris Marshall played awesome in the inter-league a few weeks ago. he sneaks under the radar a bit because of his lack of size.
i think chris marshall is an extremely hard worker and always gives everything and damien mollison from coreen is completely over rated nothing but a sheep dog

who is the most underated and overrated player for the coreen league senior teams

Underrated - Yep, agree re Patto from CDHBU, Micky Rhodes from Rennie, Dan Tuohey from Coly come to mind.

Overrated - Don't want to get into blokes cause anyone who runs onto a footy field and has a crack whether they're any good or not wants a pat on the back.

There's a couple of good old blokes toiling away in the 2nds that don't get the wraps but gees they still go alright - the older Coly boys Noack, the Mannes', Maddog Smith, and fat Coster; Barber from Rennie, Beattie from the crows; Boo Munn (legendary back pocket) from Jerilderie; Coppa and Gratham from Tigers; half the CDHBU team. These blokes are pushing 40 (some older) and still playing hard footy (and propping up their clubs). Good on 'em.

i think chris marshall is an extremely hard worker and always gives everything and damien mollison from coreen is completely over rated nothing but a sheep dog

Couldnt agree more superman1992, as said in the ovens and murray thread about Lappin that he was a "cat" ( back of the pack) directing & setting up play further a field...whilst Mollison is a "sheepdog" that is at the back of the pack, he is unable to set up play further afield which makes him a poor "cat".

yeah you got that right bighawk..

whats your opinion on who the most important player for each club not necassarily the stand out but the most important

Overrated- i would have to say troy lugedi he is a god player but is not wat was cracked up to be!!!!

underrated- i dunno theres alot of player underated!!!

Yeah all of those players are a chance especially Tyson moloney and Matt rogers. House (cdhbu) is also in some good form. Wild card possibly being Mgown (col) and smith (wah)

Who will win the seconds, thirds and fourths league medal?

Young Daniel dinan (wah) has been in some good form through out the year but has missed a couple still a favourite in the seconds.

For the thirds i believe Heath northey (wah) has a very good chance has missed a couple but still would be racking the votes up. Jac williams (jer) has played some good matches also this year. Maybe the wild card being Matt grantham (wah) who is in very silky form.

Fourths would be Hayden Dalitz(bill) in hot form but with Kane Barber(cdhbu) not far off him. Wild card Kade wilson

What about a guy called Burdon for the thirds, I've heard that he can play, is he any good

yeah you got that right bighawk..

whats your opinion on who the most important player for each club not necassarily the stand out but the most important[/quot

Wahgunyah- I don’t believe Wahgunyah have a single most important player. If wahgunyah are to go deep into the September they are going to require their younger group of players to stand up. Such as Liam Tobias, Tommy Renshaw, Taylor Duryea, Ben Taylor and Dan Ronfelt**. Wahgunyah is relying on these young players form for finals. There is to much responsibility on Robins, Rogers, Smith and Eales.

CDHBU- Jarrod Hanrahan, he offers so much to the saints not only his ball wining ability but his leadership and hardness at the ball is a real strength for them. BIG role come September.

Billabong- Kerr/Moloney that combination in the guts is becoming more and more important for the crows as the season goes on. The sheer intelligence and experience will souly win games for the crows.

Jerilderie- J.Bryce/A’vard there run and drive from everywhere on the ground is just awesome to watch, with these two players with rep commitments is making it hard for Jerilderie through out the home and away season. Should be available for finals.

Coleambally- Leaders!! With the amount of injuries that has happened to the blues over the past month is making it hard for them, but it is no time took sook about that. They need leaders to step up and fast!! Such as Mcgown, Gleeson and Eddie

Rennie- NO HOPE!!

Fair call superman couldnt agree any more with mollison mate.

No offence to him or any other cdhbu supporters out the but i cannot stand him as a football player. He is just a sheepdog and i cannot watch him play. No offence i do no rate him as a player in this league.

*SENT OFF* What do you think of mollison?

Anyone else have an opinion on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back