Corey Jones vs Ashley Sampi

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones by a record margin....Sampi is a hack.

If you see Sampi from 25 metres out, mark it down straight away as a behind, LOL...

weagles_fan said:
Age difference?5 years?

Jones is 24, Sampi is 22.

Sampi's best is very good, but I think CJ has a few more strings to his bow. He can play as a marking target or a crumbing forward, and is actually a pretty effective clearance player when he is thrown into the middle. His tackling and forward line pressure is usually first class too. Needs to improve his focus and consistancy, but he is also capable of the mercurial.

Strange poll though, very different players.

otis_david said:
I am happy with Sampi. :)
That's not the question. Sure you're happy with Sampi but surely you'd prefer CJ?

Sampi has flare, knows where the goals are and can take an amazing mark. Strange to compare him with CJ who is a leading half forward who can a fantastic set of hands, his half-volley gathers and tackling is first class and is a steady kick at goal away from being a first class player.

I think Leigh Harding would be a more appropriate comparison. But on this poll CJ 365 days of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh really, i remember last year with the one-year contract. i was a touch worried as it gave out the message to me that he wasnt keen on being at North in the long run.
Hope he signs on again.
Shagga was having contract talks a month or so back, so hopefully he gets wrapped up too.

Corey Jones is the better player and is a far more consistent player than Sampi. He also works far harder being able to go into the midfield for long periods where Sampi displays a low tackling intensity and doesn't kick goals often enough.

Thanks to footywire.com

Corey Jones. 77 games (19 in 2005). Aged 24.
2005 Averages. 10.3 Kicks. 3.8 Handballs. 4.6 Marks. 1.5 Goals. 2.4 Tackles.
Ashley Sampi 60 games (13 in 2005). Aged 21.
2005 Averages. 6.8 Kicks. 3.3 Handballs. 2.2 marks. 1.2 Goals. 2.6 Tackles.

Now Jones is 3 years older. But if you look at pure game experience that statistic is misleading. Jones has only played 2/3 of a season more of football than Sampi, which demonstrates his inconcsistancies early in his career but those numbers are quite self explanatory.

They're different players. One similarity is they are both paid to kick goals. Jones slightly ahead. Add this to his other positives and he comes out on top cleary.

But Sampi has done well to play 60 games by the age of 21, and deserves his opportunity to lift those numbers and become a more consistant FP, HFF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey Jones vs Ashley Sampi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back