Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PM said 80% of eligible people not 80% of the population. That would mean everyone under 18 not included, i would think. Would like to know what they define as eligible though. If there are other exclusions

Queensland has announced a three-day lockdown for 11 LGAs of concern from 4pm Saturday.

One was locally acquired and is currently under investigation by contact tracers. The second case was overseas acquired and detected in hotel quarantine.

Now flying in to Gold Coast means flying back here from Gold Coast?
Can that happen without 14 days quarantine in sa?
If not then how can they possibly send Port up there?

That is the problem. We should not be going anywhere near Brisbane or the Gold Coast if we want to return to SA without quarantine. I assume GWS are already in Queensland so there is a problem.

"there will be no football matches"

Our game will probably be canned..

They have to pause the season now....?

Agreed, I do not see how the season can continue if teams play in Queensland while Brisbane and the Gold Coast are in lockdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So one of the infected in QLD is a med student who was tutoring the school girl with COVID. Has been to hospitals and a bunch of other places while infected. Best of luck Queensland. Let's hope their LGA lockdown is enough.
LGA based lockdown in Queensland might actually work because if what their councils are. The Brisbane LGA is all of Brisbane, not like how Adelaide Council is just the CBD.

The PM said 80% of eligible people not 80% of the population. That would mean everyone under 18 not included, i would think. Would like to know what they define as eligible though. If there are other exclusions

Even at that number we’ll be miles away from true herd immunity, at a time when Delta is said to transmit with the same level of infectivity as chicken pox.

Yeesh to the power of yikes.

Even at that number we’ll be miles away from true herd immunity, at a time when Delta is said to transmit with the same level of infectivity as chicken pox.

Yeesh to the power of yikes.

We don't even need to speculate. Look at the UK that has large percentage of their population vaccinated and are seeing a rise in cases. Was always going to happen when you get people mixing again.
What are the chances our state government allows hospitalisations in the thousands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back