Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
abbott can believe in the flying spaghetti monster if he wants so long as he can keep it separate from his decision making and out of parliament. he couldn't.
Agreed religion should not be part of a governments decision making process ever. But that comment of yours about flying spaghetti monster is not on. Just like taylor walker comment I put it in the same basket

NSW police have doled out $1,000 fines to a group of young mothers for stopping to talk in a Sydney beachside park as part of a new crackdown on compliance with lockdown rules.

TikTok user @aley.hammer posted a video on Thursday showing two mothers with prams and small children waiting as a police officer writes out a fine.

'These mums have just been fined $1,000 each in Bronte and police are everywhere in Tamarama and Bondi,' the social media user said over the video.

'I guess I just want everyone to stay indoors now, get this lockdown over with, so stay safe everyone.'

Talk is gladys will let those fully vaccinated into pubs and clubs within weeks while there are still active cases. Doesn't she realise some people fully vaccinated will still be able to spread the virus.
I can see cases into the 1000's daily in nsw leading into xmas

i think we just have to accept its gonna continue this way for the next couple of months until they remove restrictions and just let it go.

the whack a mole strategy of locking down individual LGAs clearly doesnt work but gladys is too much of a campaigner to change tactics.

oh well
Have they ripped down Trumps Mexican wall yet… maybe we could acquire the panels and wrap them around NSW.

Talk is gladys will let those fully vaccinated into pubs and clubs within weeks while there are still active cases. Doesn't she realise some people fully vaccinated will still be able to spread the virus.
Seems eerily similar to Boris Johnson's total abdication, justified on the same vaccination grounds. They're still racking up thousands of daily cases and dealing with totally unnecessary deaths ☹️.

They're only at 20% Vax rates

I highly doubt this will happen. They're months off.

If it does though that's genuinely terrifying for citizens of that state.

Build a wall.

Religion is a choice unlike those other things.

People's religious views should be treated exactly the same as their choice to support the Adelaide Crows.

And thats without even going into how many people make religious choices, and then attempt to impose their beliefs on others.

I guess this logic falls down when it's simultaneously socially acceptable to religiously vilify a Christian but socially unacceptable to religiously vilify a Muslim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed religion should not be part of a governments decision making process ever. But that comment of yours about flying spaghetti monster is not on. Just like taylor walker comment I put it in the same basket

The same basket would be calling someone a scientologist/pastafarian/christian campaigner.

Just referencing a different belief system? I don't see an issue.

Should be an interesting National Cabinet Meeting today. It looks like some other State leaders are loosing patience with Gladys.

Annastacia Palaszczuk says every other State and Territory needs to know exactly how NSW plans to get a handle on the virus as it takes hold well beyond Sydney.
"It's encroaching north, it's encroaching south, it's now in the ACT," Ms Palaszczuk told reporters on Friday, ahead of national cabinet.
"We need to hear very clearly from NSW what their clear plan is for containment ... it's absolutely imperative that NSW contains this virus."

It it also time for Morrison to display some leadership and direct Berejiklian to get her act together. There is no place for a maverick approach from any one State. Morrison has to threaten Berejiklian with Federal Government intervention if she does not get a handle of this virus. The Federal Government and every other State and Territory are committed to an 80% vaccination rate for the 16+ age group before easing restrictions and Berejiklian has to do the same. She cannot be talking in terms of 50% or 6 million doses as that will condemn rest of the country to that level of vaccination and infection.

Breaking: another new record for vaccinations in Australia, with 270,898 doses administered in 24 hours. We're now at 14.74m doses nationally. Now 46.65 per cent of adults 16+ have had at least one dose and 25.02 per cent have had two doses.

Having Sydney sit there like a big virus bomb is definitely motivating.

Compare to NZ at 29.4% and 17.3% respectively.

We'll overtake the US sooner than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back