Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WA has become the first State to introduce a vaccine passport of sorts for people from NSW entering WA. Arrivals from NSW will have to show evidence of at least one COVID vaccination jab. Mark McGowan hopes the new regime will be a blueprint for other States.

If the other States follow it will put real pressure on Berejiklian to lift her game. NSW will be seen as a leper colony.

I think Nicola Spurrier for one will be watching this very closely.

NINE news carrying a story that Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland are each developing COVID passports.

Last edited:
Morrison today - On Thursday, there were more than 270,000 vaccinations in Australia, the “equivalent in per capita terms to the fourth best day they had in the UK ever,” the prime minister said.

Our politicians just cant help but go for the simple UK or USA comparison.

We should be benchmarking ourselves against Canada.

Canada has 1.5 times the population we have and 1.5 times the land mass. The majority of their population is on a line close to the US border, ours is a line down the eastern seaboard along our Pacific Ocean coast. They have vulnerable indigenous communities spread out in the vast wilderness as do we. They have large empty tracts of lands of farms, lakes and frozen wilderness and national parks, we have large empty tracts of lands of farms, deserts and national parks. They have a lot of FIFO mining sites, we have a lot of FIFO mining sites.

They have a strong universal public health system similar to Oz, based on a federation system where their provinces have a high degree of control, like what happens across our state health systems re health delivery services as per Sect 51 of our constitution sets out.

270k in Oz is the same as 400k in Canada which is a good result. They hit 400k in early May after cranking things up in early April hitting 200k per day the equivalent of about 130k in Oz for the first time. Canada hit 600k in late June and peaked at 700k on 29th June - that is about 470k with Oz's population. I reckon that should be the aim in Oz, to hit a daily peak of about 470k in 6 weeks time.

As of Thursday night Canadian time;
* 71.6% of the population has received 1 dose or 82.3% of the population aged 12+ has received 1 dose.
* 62.4% of the population has received 2 doses or 71.7% of the population aged 12+ has received 2 doses.

So if we can match Canada's vaccination rate adjusted for population difference to what they daily achieved post early May, then we reach the Doherty Institute's targets of 70% and 80% of the eligible population by early to mid November.

Don't worry about what the pommie rates are, benchmark us to what the seal clubbers have rolled out. These are the two sites I have been looking at a couple of times a week at the last 8 weeks or so.

Daily info

Weekly national reconciliation government reports released every Saturday to be 1 week behind real time.

Last edited:

WA has become the first State to introduce a vaccine passport of sorts for people from NSW entering WA. Arrivals from NSW will have to show evidence of at least one COVID vaccination jab. Mark McGowan hopes the new regime will be a blueprint for other States.

If the other States follow it will put real pressure on Berejiklian to lift her game. NSW will be seen as a leper colony.

I think that and effective control of cases in your state of origin. NSW currently has 2000 cases that haven't been investigated yet. That's how far behind the eight ball contract tracers are. It could be you are only a 30% chance of spreading the virus once vaxxed but if the virus is out of control as it is in NSW you are an unacceptable risk. Brisbane would probably be ok?

Talk is gladys will let those fully vaccinated into pubs and clubs within weeks while there are still active cases. Doesn't she realise some people fully vaccinated will still be able to spread the virus.
I can see cases into the 1000's daily in nsw leading into xmas

The world has got to get to grips that we will be living with Covid for a very long time. We need to start learning to live with it somehow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The world has got to get to grips that we will be living with Covid for a very long time. We need to start learning to live with it somehow.

We have got lucky in Australia so far... But at some stage the flood gates are going to open... (If they haven't yet NSW) and we all by the end of this will be touched by covid in one way or another. 😔

It doesn't put pressure on Gladys to lift her game. It actually reduces the pressure, as WA moves from blocking everyone to allowing partially/fully vaxxed people in.
They no longer need to get control of their spreading infections for citizens to be able to access WA (and other states if they follow suit).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Learning to live with it yes, but there is some science attached to it. The Doherty Institute says 80% vaccination is the target while Gladys says 50% is OK. Who do you think is likely to be correct?

I guess this logic falls down when it's simultaneously socially acceptable to religiously vilify a Christian but socially unacceptable to religiously vilify a Muslim.
Yeah those poor Christians really have it tough.

How many Muslim Prime Ministers have we had, out of interest?

So Paul Kelly, Chief Medical Officer, has come out and said that Gladys is doing everything right and comparable with what was done in Victoria last year. So those dissing Gladys, do what you say we all should do, take note of the views of the medical experts, and pull your heads in!

I guess this logic falls down when it's simultaneously socially acceptable to religiously vilify a Christian but socially unacceptable to religiously vilify a Muslim.
You know who is usually vilifying the Muslims? The Christians! and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back