Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our current setup isn’t right for elimination. It could be, but they need to make airports like military zones, have people work quarantine for months (like East Timor tours) not returning to their household every night.

make security multi layered, have hotels set up there and multiple tests if you come through
We also need sim card tracking to ensure infected people are self quarantining properly. Support given to those who are self quarantining as well.

Maybe Krispy Kreme management were banking on the additional free publicity this would give them outweighing any fines or adverse publicity from this stunt.
They just cancelled their follow-up promotion, probably after a few choice words from someone up high.

We also need sim card tracking to ensure infected people are self quarantining properly. Support given to those who are self quarantining as well.
They already can do that. How much privacy are you prepared to give up to control this thing though? Once you give any government another back door access to this information it's rarely one that's then given up willingly.

Under the new measures, pubs across NSW will be required to implement the following:
  • the number of people per booking or table will be reduced from 20 people to 10
  • a cap of 300 people in a venue at any one time
  • compulsory COVID-Safe registration through Service NSW
  • a dedicated COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall in distinctive clothing must oversee social distancing, cleaning and hygiene at the venue
  • large hotels with a capacity of greater than 250 people are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall on duty whenever the hotel is open
  • smaller hotels with a capacity of less than 250 are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall employed in peak periods (lunch 12pm to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm)
  • paper sign-in will still be permitted, but hotels must create a digital record of patron names and phone numbers (excel or word) to be submitted within 24 hours
  • ensure all patrons provide their name and contact details accurately
  • encouraged to strongly promote QR code sign-in
I doubt the paper sign in will be happening much longer, or even be an option in a few weeks time.

They already can do that. How much privacy are you prepared to give up to control this thing though? Once you give any government another back door access to this information it's rarely one that's then given up willingly.
Not saying I want to give that up, but that's the realities of countries that controlled it the best.

So far

Not saying I want to give that up, but that's the realities of countries that controlled it the best.

So far
As we've seen in the past. Once you give things up rarely do they get given back. That's the government's fault for creating that crap environment.

You know, if we did a New Zealand we'd be out of this already...

Of course, benefit of hindsight and all that but at the time there was debate as to whether the NZ approach was the best way to deal with it.
They've been lucky. They've had people let our of quarantine early who then tested positive or escaped quarantine but haven't had an out break.

Or haven't realised they did yet.

If we'd gone for elimination with the standard of hotel quarantine imagine the shit storm when we ended up here anyway.

We can't 100% close our borders we aren't self sufficient and I'm not sure we could stop all flights from a keeping residents our perspective.

I don't mean politically I mean constitutionally.

Elimination isn't eradication, you're always at risk of an outbreak as long as it's still out there.

Not saying we won't go for it this time. Sutton's language sounds like he will push for it if we look like getting close

Long way to go on containment first

And not just him, there are plenty on here who resort to petty remarks and put downs when cornered.
I asked you to actually ask a question and you haven’t asked a question though you said you asked multiple questions!

I question your non-cornered status!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People think that the next round of potential restrictions are going to be like living in the Gaza strip. It's just basically going to stop you idiots going to Bunnings and K Mart three times a week. As someone who was in NZ for their "lockdown" it aint that different.

People think that the next round of potential restrictions are going to be like living in the Gaza strip. It's just basically going to stop you idiots going to Bunnings and K Mart three times a week. As someone who was in NZ for their "lockdown" it aint that different.

Is it really a lockdown if I can still launch rockets and vote for Hamas?

There hasn’t been a stage invented that can close Bunnings or stop people from visiting in big numbers.

There hasn’t been a stage invented that can close Bunnings or stop people from visiting in big numbers.

Maybe restrict it to tradies and appointment only at set times? Would stop casual punters milling around on Sunday morning browsing for unnecessary things.

Maybe restrict it to tradies and appointment only at set times? Would stop casual punters milling around on Sunday morning browsing for unnecessary things.
But I need to shop for a chainsaw I don't need and a Begonia that will die in 3 months!

Don't be silly. They'll stand out the front pressed against the glass.
A man was arrested for breaking into Bunnings today to water the plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back