Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. There weren’t even multilingual options on early phone advice lines. Now watch the government and assorted troglodytes blaming people who’s first language isn’t English.
It's almost as if we've forgotten about Scummo's Covid app which was going to be the key to getting all of this sorted.

The people who think that being in lockdown is the worst thing to ever happen while not considering that the alternative may be the far worse option in the long run. The people who think that taking a hard line approach is pointless because it's inevitable that everyone is going to get infected anyway and it only kills old people so who cares. The people who think that we're going to be in lockdown until 2030 and we'll never get to travel ever again and society is doomed.
This could last years the way we are going

Did my civic duty this morning; voting in the Victorian council election.
In regards to the current climate, this election is 100% postal voting. Good. Makes sense.

So I did note with amusement that neither the ballot envelope nor the paid return envelope were self sealing types.
They were both of the "apply moisture to seal" style.

You know, the ones everyone used to lick.

Now you'd have to be pretty unlucky to catch covid off an envelope. But it does seem pretty funny to me
Does our postal service radiate all mail like the seppos* do?

* I don't know if this is actually true. I'm basing the knowledge off an old NCIS episode.

Did my civic duty this morning; voting in the Victorian council election.
In regards to the current climate, this election is 100% postal voting. Good. Makes sense.

So I did note with amusement that neither the ballot envelope nor the paid return envelope were self sealing types.
They were both of the "apply moisture to seal" style.

You know, the ones everyone used to lick.

Now you'd have to be pretty unlucky to catch covid off an envelope. But it does seem pretty funny to me
Does our postal service radiate all mail like the seppos* do?

* I don't know if this is actually true. I'm basing the knowledge off an old NCIS episode.
Postman is infected, delivers your mail, you lick mail, you're infected, give back to the postman, they lick mail, they're infected and the circle continues for all eternity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say this again a vaccine has never wiped out any disease ever. Not everyone will take it, it will be rushed and only 60% effective at best so that means lots of people that take it will get the virus. Lastly the virus has different strains

we will be living with this virus for ever and the sooner the media stops talking about it 24/7 and people get back to normal it will not even be a big deal when a couple hundred die from it each flu season like the normal flu

I'll say this again a vaccine has never wiped out any disease ever. Not everyone will take it, it will be rushed and only 60% effective at best so that means lots of people that take it will get the virus. Lastly the virus has different strains
Yep.

Looking forward, I think every winter will be ‘flu and covid’ season rather than ‘cold and flu’ season.

There will greater emphasis on not coming to work when sick and personal hygiene, but life will move on.

Of all the things to do with covid, people talking like they've devoted their entire life to working in infectious disease and know all the ins and outs of the history of vaccines, virus mutations and virology, is probably my favourite thing.

If someone throws a percentage or the term 'comorbidity' into a sentence it's a sure sign you're talking to a legit expert.

Of all the things to do with covid, people talking like they've devoted their entire life to working in infectious disease and know all the ins and outs of the history of vaccines, virus mutations and virology, is probably my favourite thing.

If someone throws a percentage or the term 'comorbidity' into a sentence it's a sure sign you're talking to a legit expert.
And people who mindlessly give up their civil liberties because an epidemiologist told them to are the real big brains.

This is satire, right?
No.

People like you who play the “do you even epidemiology bro” when anybody gives their opinion give me the absolute shits.

If the goal of society was to make sure no one died of corona no matter what the cost, then I would gladly take their full recommendations, but it isn’t.

Not sure if you saw Associate Professor Giles embarrassing testimony in the curfew court case, but if you choose to cede all critical thinking because people like her tell you to, then I don’t know what to say.

The people who think that being in lockdown is the worst thing to ever happen while not considering that the alternative may be the far worse option in the long run. The people who think that taking a hard line approach is pointless because it's inevitable that everyone is going to get infected anyway and it only kills old people so who cares. The people who think that we're going to be in lockdown until 2030 and we'll never get to travel ever again and society is doomed.

I’m not specifically calling you out here but this is part of the issue with this. You’re either pro lockdown=savior dan or anti lockdown=Dan the dictator.

The lockdown was an absolutely necessary and measured response at a point in time. We are well past that time and the ongoing restrictions which are destroying millions of Victoria’s financial, mental, socialization and progressions wellness/opportunities is going to have a far longer latter effect than what we likely would have suffered from allowing families to see each other for the last 6-12 weeks.

I’ve been a defender of the lockdown and of Dan but at this point he and Brett are working on antiquated ideas of elimination at the expense of the well-being of their states population.

It’s possible to think Dan has/had done a good job and also identify that time has past.

Smallpox says hello

Polio nearly there save for some very small\poor countries

Rinderpest too if your looking to add cattle to the chook farm
No Syd, NEVER EVER HAS ANY DISEASE EVER BEEN WIPED OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back