Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the comments from a state without any cases. It is lunacy and nothing more

Like the first one? Seems pretty bang-on to me.

Yeah, it’s funny how so many of the people with “medical exemptions” are the same people who have been vocally anti-lockdown, anti-restriction, anti-vaccine, “it’s just a flu”, etc.

idk lol dutch/german/nordic? Whichever sounds like you're from Brunswick.
There is a 12 week wait between getting the first shot of AZ and getting the second shot, my Dad only recently got his second shot of AZ as well.

I got my first Pfizer shot on Monday and only have to wait 3 weeks to get my second shot, one of the reasons Pfizer is preferred to AZ.

Current NSW wait has been brought down to 6-weeks (I'm getting #2 on the 24th August)

Pfizer was 6-weeks initially, now reduced to 3-weeks (Mrs Syd got her 2nd on Tuesday this week)

The stupidity of a state not willing to take the masks of when there are zero cases. It can't get better than that

You mean, how silly of them to be feeling a bit concerned when cases keep popping up in every state that borders them except WA?

You really can't understand why people are worried, when seeing what's going on in NSW and VIC?

Raise you. read some of the sh*te in here from people in a state with no ******* cases

This all sounds like 100% bullshit. Yes, some people don't wear masks and may say they have an exemption but who the **** is carrying around medical notes to give to strangers to look over.

See my post earlier ITT, more that were hanging out for Pfizer due to the mixed messaging and early fear campaign around getting AstraZeneca

Like a very large % of elderly that took that wait for Pfizer stance earlier, current case numbers have seen them start to accept Az rather than risk the prolonged wait.

Blame various State CHO's for the mixed messaging and Media for the fear mongering leading to the low acceptance of Az earlier.

or blame idiots for listening to the TV instead of talking to their GP.

you literally have a higher chance of dieing from eating a hamburger than you do from a vaccine

Getting my first shot today and thinking of grabbing a cold one after.
Anyone tried this before?
Don't feel like wasting such cracking weather.

one before one after works a treat

you literally have a higher chance of dieing from eating a hamburger than you do from a vaccine

Or blame the inability to correctly convey a message across multiple languages.

SW Sydney has an extremely high % of culturally diverse groups and the age 70% are more accumstomed to their native language be it Arabic, Italian, Greek, etc. so more likely to believe the spin of the News be it print or TV.

Add in conflicting messages on the same newscast such as NSW CHO recommending don't wait, get Az followed by QLD CHO saying I wouldn't recommend Az for anyone and the confusion\resistance increases.

There's Aunts and Uncles on my wife's side that I can't speak to without a translator due to language barrier alone.

I'm assuming you are born and bred here, so perhaps not necessarily understanding the why and more frustrated with the why not aspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting my first shot today and thinking of grabbing a cold one after.
Anyone tried this before?
Don't feel like wasting such cracking weather.

If your in Vic bring your straw.

Not sure which one your getting but when I had my first AZ I went home and waited for my head to promptly explode...after 5 hours and not noticing any ill effects I went our and had a big session and then played golf the next day.

Current NSW wait has been brought down to 6-weeks (I'm getting #2 on the 24th August)

Pfizer was 6-weeks initially, now reduced to 3-weeks (Mrs Syd got her 2nd on Tuesday this week)
It wasn't even 6 weeks ago they upped it from 3 to 6 weeks. The realisation that you need people with both jabs not 1 must have made them change it back. That's what happens when you don't have a plan.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It wasn't even 6 weeks ago they upped it from 3 to 6 weeks. The realisation that you need people with both jabs not 1 must have made them change it back. That's what happens when you don't have a plan.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Possibly helped along by the extra half a million doses arriving from Poland.

She had her first jab, then they announced the increase to 6-weeks but doses are preallocated to GP's and hers had the second dose at the 3-week mark still available.

She got Jab #1 after me, Jab #2 before me.
I'm in the 60+ camp, she is not

Go figure

If people did less of this they'd have less chance of covid harming you. Haven't seen a single ad for this though

not as effective as a vaccine would.

My GP said do not get AZ wait for Pfizer
Although was before we started getting cases
May Lockdown though **** it get AZ

Or blame the inability to correctly convey a message across multiple languages.

SW Sydney has an extremely high % of culturally diverse groups and the age 70% are more accumstomed to their native language be it Arabic, Italian, Greek, etc. so more likely to believe the spin of the News be it print or TV.

Add in conflicting messages on the same newscast such as NSW CHO recommending don't wait, get Az followed by QLD CHO saying I wouldn't recommend Az for anyone and the confusion\resistance increases.

There's Aunts and Uncles on my wife's side that I can't speak to without a translator due to language barrier alone.

I'm assuming you are born and bred here, so perhaps not necessarily understanding the why and more frustrated with the why not aspect.

the NSW government did do that - they engaged with translators and local community leaders.

8 weeks later the same demographic you are referring too are STILL doing the wrong thing and are still not staying home.

My GP said do not get AZ wait for Pfizer
Although was before we started getting cases
May Lockdown though fu** it get AZ

go ask them now, when the risks have changed.

the NSW government did do that - they engaged with translators and local community leaders.

They have recently done that. Earlier in the piece not much thought or effort was placeed into the reason(s) behind slow vaccine uptake and steps to increase them.

This has changed noticeably since Delta variant, and largely increased again after seleccted LGA's were locked down harder (one of which I live in) as local leaders decried not enough was be done to inform and educate those same cultural segments.

8 weeks later the same demographic you are referring too are STILL doing the wrong thing and are still not staying home.

Use the whole bucket method eh?

A large section of people aren't doing the right thing, but a larger section ARE.

The spread is worse in the younger section of these communities than in the older sections.

Not helped by confusing definitions (or lack thereof) of what is Essential in terms of work or even being open.

I would have favoured a hard, sharp lockdown with minimal open, permits required for Essential workers rather than the confusion that allows interpretation to suit.

I can't drive to Krispy Kreme in Liverpool as it's outside my LGA and more than 5kms from home BUT I can be an Uber Delivery driver and go there to collect food to deliver to others despite it being outside my LGA and more than 5kms from home for example.

There's way to much allowed traffic and movement before you go down the 'demographics' argument.

Melbourne accent?
It exists, the letter L being pronounced Al is a big one. Andrew Demetriou is a perfect example

Al............. Hodge 1 vote
Al.......................................... Hayes 2 votes

Last edited:
go ask them now, when the risks have changed.
He would still say wait.. Been going to him for a while.
Went through pros and cons with me even though I have bad lungs from parents chain smoking while I was a kid.

Not the only person I know who went to a GP who said not to have AZ if you can wait

He would still say wait.. Been going to him for a while.
Went through pros and cons with me even though I have bad lungs from parents shain smoking while I was a kid.

well if you have a medical condition than ok obviously you are more risk prone and may need to wait for the preferred vaccine, the large majority of us however don't and thus should be getting AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back