Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you have a medical condition than ok obviously you are more risk prone and may need to wait for the preferred vaccine, the large majority of us however don't and thus should be getting AZ
not prone to blood clots
More prone to dying from COVID.
He still said best to wait for a while..

I know the CHO pushing the talk to your GP.. Some GP will say people should wait.
Know a lot of people with no long term GP as well

See my post earlier ITT, more that were hanging out for Pfizer due to the mixed messaging and early fear campaign around getting AstraZeneca

Like a very large % of elderly that took that wait for Pfizer stance earlier, current case numbers have seen them start to accept Az rather than risk the prolonged wait.

Blame various State CHO's for the mixed messaging and Media for the fear mongering leading to the low acceptance of Az earlier.
My uncle, over 70, got a letter in early June from the government urging all those in his age group to get vaccinated. They were obviously going through the Medicare records and contacting those that hadn’t come forward so far. He did in fact have an appointment but I wonder if it’s time to get onto the hold-outs again. Such as my 86yo neighbour and her 60yo son who regard the vax as “poison”. :rolleyesv1:

How's this piece of human garbage.

How's this piece of human garbage.

Doesn't help that Murdoch's goons keep giving these dropkicks oxygen as well, IMO doesn't help the situation

not prone to blood clots

I know the CHO pushing the talk to your GP.. Some GP will say people should wait.

AZ isn't the only vaccine that can cause death....

Pfizer for example may not have a blood clotting issue but it has been linked to heart issue, also causing death.

Your obviously more risk prone which is fine, but for those who aren't, they should be getting whatever one is available to them.

well if you have a medical condition than ok obviously you are more risk prone and may need to wait for the preferred vaccine, the large majority of us however don't and thus should be getting AZ

I have a medical condition, immune compromised with removal of a ruptured spleen that doesn't help and could have had Pfizer, I went with AZ even though the risk was a bit higher. AZ looked better for longer T cell immunity, no regrets. Not yet anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the original 12 week gap was largely to ensure there were more doses available for first vaccinations

I'm having my 2nd at 6-weeks as clearly the urgency is becoming getting more to fully vaccinated status

Had my 2nd AZ a couple of weeks ago, which was a 10 week gap. I just rang and said I was coming in for it. Officially though, the clinic I go to still had the interval at 12 weeks.

not prone to blood clots

So we have a government scared shitless of cases and a medical profession too scared to recommend a vaccine. Bravo Australia. Bravo

So we have a government scared shitless of cases and a medical profession too scared to recommend a vaccine. Bravo Australia. Bravo
and a Governemnt who didnt order enough vax and Premier who let it rip so it really became a race without choices

Life insurance companies are weighing up discounts on premiums for customers who are vaccinated against COVID-19, while health insurers are offering reward points to those who have received the jab.

Australian laws prevent health insurers from discounting premiums based on their members’ health, but they can offer other rewards to encourage customers to get vaccinated.

Life insurance companies can go a step further and discount premiums based on customers’ health and preventative behaviours, such as whether they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

She is so far removed from reality it's not funny

The worst decision-maker in the country by so far
I can't imagine any Governments will enforce wearing masks once the vaccination target is reached, we should be like the UK by that point and just go back to normal. I don't want to hear from or know of a CHO once this pandemic is over.

I can't imagine any Governments will enforce wearing masks once the vaccination target is reached, we should be like the UK by that point and just go back to normal.

Jeez mate, I can.

They're all gun shy now. They'll enforce masks in indoor settings for a while yet I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back