Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of advice, get a satin face mask.
Much better than the disposable or cotton ones, and won't case any skin issues that you can get from moisture build ups.
I've bought one after we went into the first lockdown and been using it ever since.
I got 2 layers of silk
Very light ,very comfortable,good in Qld heat and humidity

Cheap from Alibaba but they take 6 weeks to get here from China

I agree with the soldier on mentality being a bit stupid but thats where wfh will ease alot of strain.

These illnesses are also down in part to everything being covid. Once vaccination is done, masks have to go. Wear them if you want but it shouldn't be mandated.
It will never be mandated long term but it would be nice if people showed a bit of consideration for others rather than ‘screw you, I’m alright Jack’. Very sovereign American citizen of you.

Whinging is Australia’s new national sport, it seems.

Yes people should still wear masks when they have a cold but I'm not going to be carrying a mask in my pocket until the end of days incase I need to pop it on to walk into a cafe for a second before I take it off to eat.

Zero issues with the mask thing at the moment (I don't wear it outside alone because that's dumb) but every single one of these 'covid' rules needs to be chucked in the sea (where the masks probably all end up) once we have the vaccines sorted.

What is with people acting like masks are some kind of physical assault? They wear them in Asia quite a bit. Maybe we should consider people coming into the office with ‘just a little cold’ or ‘just a cough’ wear them for everyone’s benefit. Could reduce the number of sick days, flu hospitalisations etc.
Because who the hell wants to wear and carry around a dirty piece of cloth on their face for years?

If people want to wear them in winter when they are ill, whatever. I couldn’t care at all. But forcing millions of healthy people to wear them constantly? What a crock.

Masks already have broken people’s brains. People carry on like anyone without one has the Bubonic plague. In Victoria they represent a dark period in time. Some people might think this is a joke, but actually being able to read people’s facial expressions and see them smile makes things seem far more pleasant.

Would be very much in line with Australia’s bed wetting to force citizens to keep wearing them once the virus is endemic.

Last edited:
Neither are seat belts, bike helmets and safety equipment in general, but we wear them anyway.
Helmet in the road yes. Helmet on the bike track, no
Mask during pandemic in crowded venue, yes. Mask during no panidemc, no. Mask by myself outdoors in pandemic, no.

Masks aren't here to stay. In Melbourne burbs 3 weeks ago, masks were nowhere to be seen at indoor dining venues I went to. Regardless of people eating or not.

Sorry Mask lovers, masks will be short lived and colds are here to stay. Thank God for that too, I for one like my immune system.

Because who the hell wants to wear and carry around a dirty piece of cloth on their face for years?

If people want to wear them in winter when they are ill, whatever. I couldn’t care at all. But forcing millions of healthy people to wear them constantly? What a crock.

Masks already have broken people’s brains. People carry on like anyone without one has the Bubonic plague. In Victoria they represent a dark period in time. Some people might think this is a joke, but actually being able to read people’s facial expressions and see them smile makes things seem far more pleasant.

Would be very much in line with Australia’s bed wetting to force citizens to keep wearing them once the virus is endemic.
They should move to Asia if they love that culture so much and hate our Aussie mentality of soldiering on. Diggers must be turning in their graves at a nation that can't work through the common cold.

Go Codral!!

They should move to Asia if they love that culture so much and hate our Aussie mentality of soldiering on. Diggers must be turning in their graves at a nation that can't work through the common cold.

Go Codral!!
Theres some here that love CCP style surveillance and social credit scoring. Sadly they wont **** off to China despite liking their policies 🤔

Is Spurrier saying that masks are still required once the vaccination target is reached, or am I misinterpreting this? Surely by that stage this would just lead us to return to a 2019 normal.

First world problems and I think Spurrier has done a good job, but I would hate to live in a country where I need to wear a mask every time I go to Woolies for the rest of my life. Piss off - this is not South Korea.

iu

masks are very Aussie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed - masks look grim, and basically send a signal to the world 'stay away, I'm going to contaminate you'. Eyes are important, but not being able to see the rest of people's faces just makes the world a less happy and social place. They're a hassle as well. We should not wear masks unless there is a current outbreak in an unvaccinated population.

Researchers looked at tests from more than 700,000 people taken from May 2021, when the delta variant became the dominant strain in the UK.

The analysis revealed that people who received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine had 90 per cent protection against infection after one month, falling to 85 per cent after two months and 78 per cent after three months.

For the AstraZeneca vaccine, people had 67 per cent protection from infection after one month, then 65 per cent after two months and 61 per cent after three months.

Singapore deports British man who refused to wear face mask
Reuters

A British man jailed in Singapore for breaking coronavirus protocols by refusing to wear a face mask was released on Thursday and will be deported, the country’s prison department said.

Benjamin Glynn, 40, was convicted on Wednesday and sentenced to six weeks in jail but was released due to time served while remanded in detention, which included two weeks in a mental health institution, the Singapore Prison Service (SPS) said.

Glynn was found guilty on four charges over his failure to wear a mask on a train in May and at a subsequent court appearance in July, as well as causing a public nuisance and using threatening words towards public servants.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pol...won-t-be-held-to-account-20210819-p58k76.html

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller has told his officers he won’t hold them to account for wrongly issuing COVID-19 fines in a call to prioritise health order enforcement outside emergency duties.

“We need to stretch ourselves across the state, but we’ll only get compliance if you start writing tickets, if you start future CANing [issuing a future court attendance notice] people for breaching the health orders,” Mr Fuller said before the crackdown, which is now under way.
“I appreciate there’s a lot to take in with the health orders, but I am asking you to put community policing to side for a short period of time, for 21 days I will head this operation, you need to take a strong approach to enforcement.

“I have said before, if you write a ticket and you get it wrong, I understand, and I won’t hold you to account for that. We have to shape the behaviour of people to get out of lockdown, and I know all of us want to be out of lockdown by Christmas, so please take the challenge.”

rookie-numbers.gif

Aside from the certificate, there's the separate issue of whether a country will recognise the type of vaccine.

The Australian-manufactured version of AstraZeneca, rebranded "Vaxzevria", has not yet been recognised by the European Medicines Agency.

That could present a problem for some Australians when they travel to Europe.

In the US, only three COVID-19 vaccines are authorised for use, including Pfizer, but not AstraZeneca. Australians can enter subject to proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back