Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

_119911808_memesingle.jpg

The awake...lol

Michele is a leader of her local "freedom community" - which opposes Covid vaccines, lockdowns and other restrictions. She's also a landlord and has joined an online house share group set up for like-minded individuals.

It's one of a number of similar networks that we've discovered online . They are hubs of conversation punctuated with videos and posts containing dangerously misleading and unfounded claims about Covid jabs.

Concerns about vaccines - including totally unfounded beliefs that simply being near a vaccinated person can make you ill - are driving them to try to build online and offline communities away from the mainstream.

"medical apartheid"

Awake culture is also manifesting itself in a growth in home schooling by parents, who fear their children will be jabbed at school without their consent or forced to wear masks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because who the hell wants to wear and carry around a dirty piece of cloth on their face for years?

If people want to wear them in winter when they are ill, whatever. I couldn’t care at all. But forcing millions of healthy people to wear them constantly? What a crock.

Masks already have broken people’s brains. People carry on like anyone without one has the Bubonic plague. In Victoria they represent a dark period in time. Some people might think this is a joke, but actually being able to read people’s facial expressions and see them smile makes things seem far more pleasant.

Would be very much in line with Australia’s bed wetting to force citizens to keep wearing them once the virus is endemic.
Not even adjacent to my point. People are whining about wearing them during a global pandemic like they are some kind of medieval torture device. They’re not, so people should stop being pussies and put them on when called to. And if, in future, people with coughs and colds wear them because we have at least become accustomed to the idea, well that’s not a bad end result. It will never be permanent.

Also, you can wash your face mask, you know.

They should move to Asia if they love that culture so much and hate our Aussie mentality of soldiering on. Diggers must be turning in their graves at a nation that can't work through the common cold.

Go Codral!!
I reckon they'd be more disappointed with sooks who consider a bit of cloth over their mouth a life-ruining inconvenience tbh...

I hate masks personally but they obviously have a use.
Anywhere where there is a choice I don't where it though. As someone who is prone to breaking out, it makes things 100% worse because of all the bacteria from your breath you are pushing against your skin
Obviously I'll make a token effort when ducking into Coles or whatever but I'm sure af not wearing it all day at work or walking outside

Not even adjacent to my point. People are whining about wearing them during a global pandemic like they are some kind of medieval torture device. They’re not, so people should stop being pussies and put them on when called to. And if, in future, people with coughs and colds wear them because we have at least become accustomed to the idea, well that’s not a bad end result. It will never be permanent.

Also, you can wash your face mask, you know.
It was in relation to wearing them when case numbers are extremely low or the pandemic is not a thing.

Legally forcing millions into wearing them in such scenarios is garbage.

I’m well aware they can be washed. Still doesn’t change the fact that people are wearing these germ ridden things, then placing them in their pockets like their phone and then constantly touching them. Nobody should have to carry one around in their pocket long term.

It’s also funny for a West Australian go be telling people how to feel about them. How many days have you worn them for exactly? Couldn’t imagine it has been too many.

Anyone saying they are comfortable or don’t bother them at all wearing them all the time is a complete liar.

Aside from the certificate, there's the separate issue of whether a country will recognise the type of vaccine.

The Australian-manufactured version of AstraZeneca, rebranded "Vaxzevria", has not yet been recognised by the European Medicines Agency.

That could present a problem for some Australians when they travel to Europe.

In the US, only three COVID-19 vaccines are authorised for use, including Pfizer, but not AstraZeneca. Australians can enter subject to proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test, though.

I've always wondered why the EU and the US haven't recognized AZ yet. Is it purely profits/favouritism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back