Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Andrew's government lockdown because they wanted to stop the spread as quick as possible they didn't want a situation like the second lockdown in 2020 where they were hesitant to lockdown straight away, which then ended up being 3 months of lockdown. The problem was lockdown fatigue/complacency was well and truly set in by lockdown 6. Combined with a more contagious strain, in hindsight lockdown was never going to work.

Gralin point is pretty apt i think.

Currently in as bad a position as ever but not a single second of time on the nightlys and not a single second of discussion from our leaders.

Its evident that election and Ukraine and whatever have moved the news cycle on but honestly i doubt the vast majority of people are even considering taking a mask with them now. No one is suggesting we go back to the full blown lockdowns and insane PCR queues but making people aware that COVID is still a problem would seem to be worthwhile.

Gralin point is pretty apt i think.

Currently in as bad a position as ever but not a single second of time on the nightlys and not a single second of discussion from our leaders.

Its evident that election and Ukraine and whatever have moved the news cycle on but honestly i doubt the vast majority of people are even considering taking a mask with them now. No one is suggesting we go back to the full blown lockdowns and insane PCR queues but making people aware that COVID is still a problem would seem to be worthwhile.
Vic State Budget yesterday at least acknowledged there was still a need for spending related to Covid

But yeah we're at the point where the people complaining about having to follow restrictions and stay home and wear masks for the greater good are telling vulnerable people they should do that for the rest of their lives while everyone else doesn't do anything

pretty shit

Not really, they also didn't want vaccines but now we have them.
plenty of people out there still not vaxxxed and going to the footy etc

Vic State Budget yesterday at least acknowledged there was still a need for spending related to Covid

But yeah we're at the point where the people complaining about having to follow restrictions and stay home and wear masks for the greater good are telling vulnerable people they should do that for the rest of their lives while everyone else doesn't do anything

pretty shit
Majority rules and unfortunately majority want herd immunity so pretty much every man for themselves.

and that one is against the rules still
yes no masks on trains went to work this week again.
Leave later so less people on train.. Half no masks and a most of the others chin huggers.
Most of the people I worked with who been pushed to come in by bosses been catching it

yes no masks on trains went to work this week again.
Leave later so less people on train.. Half no masks and a most of the others chin huggers.
Most of the people I worked with who been pushed to come in by bosses been catching it
People just don't care anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your vaxxed then whats your problem!? Why care about others without masks!? Don't you trust your vaxxine? You've all been trained by Dan the Man to hate. You know what, I went to hospital three times for tests. Im not vaxxed. But each time I went I stood outside and had Ra tests. All negative and went in. Me, no, zero, nothing of covid, 100% safe. Yet, I watched people after people enter the hospital as per Vic Dan the Man rules with just showing a Magic Green Tick on their phone screen.
Science is in, anyone, vaxxed or not can catch and carry and spread Covid.
I asked the Security guy testing me "hey bud, who's safer entering right now, me tested negative or those walking in unstopped!?" He was speechless.
The vaxxes are stopping Zero spread. Do the research before you condem people.
Our Politicians are catching Covid, vaxxed and isoltating, why? Footy players the same, why?
These are not vaccines.

If your vaxxed then whats your problem!? Why care about others without masks!? Don't you trust your vaxxine? You've all been trained by Dan the Man to hate. You know what, I went to hospital three times for tests. Im not vaxxed. But each time I went I stood outside and had Ra tests. All negative and went in. Me, no, zero, nothing of covid, 100% safe. Yet, I watched people after people enter the hospital as per Vic Dan the Man rules with just showing a Magic Green Tick on their phone screen.
I asked the Security guy testing me "hey bud, who's safer entering right now, me tested negative or those walking in unstopped!?" He was speechless.
Our Politicians are catching Covid, vaxxed and isoltating, why? Footy players the same, why?
These are not vaccines.
Are you suggesting the covid vaccine is not a vaccine because it doesn't provide 100% immunity?

Life was always going to return to a semblance of normalcy at some point. What were you expecting?
it was a comment on the situation

I personally think the punching bag the media and Governments made of mask mandates was damaging

Masks outside everywhere in Vic particularly just made people hate them

The over reach beyond reasonable that couldn't be justified was bad

The media, particularly Murdoch media in Vic undermining all the health measures was also particularly bad

We should be in a position where people know N95 masks are a good idea, they're available everywhere including supermarkets and wearing them on PT and in crowded places like shops is just a given

It would be better for everyone all the time if this was considered normal good health policy

But that ship has sailed and it's going to be a long time before that damage is undone if ever

it was a comment on the situation

I personally think the punching bag the media and Governments made of mask mandates was damaging

Masks outside everywhere in Vic particularly just made people hate them

The over reach beyond reasonable that couldn't be justified was bad
I agree with those points.

The media, particularly Murdoch media in Vic undermining all the health measures was also particularly bad
Some of the "health measures" were worth challenging, especially the outdoor mask policy and curfew.
We should be in a position where people know N95 masks are a good idea, they're available everywhere including supermarkets and wearing them on PT and in crowded places like shops is just a given

It would be better for everyone all the time if this was considered normal good health policy

But that ship has sailed and it's going to be a long time before that damage is undone if ever
The public do know, and plenty have changed behaviour as a result. At a guess, I'd say 30% were wearing masks at my local coles this morning. I'd rather people stay home when sick and use masks (if sick/non-covid) when they absolutely have to go out.

I don't wear a mask in crowded places unless I have symptoms, though respect the choice of others who are more cautious.

These are not vaccines.
Speechless at the stupidity I suspect.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well yes, the anti-vaxxers won't, but I mean now people actually have the option of mitigating their own risk with vaccination that they didn't have in 2020 when the deniers wanted to let it rip.

Which is the way it should be really. I mean initially I thought a vaccine would be years away, since they were relatively quick in developing them people could make their own choices.

Though I'm not sure they exactly stopped or even slowed the spread of Omicron...

Remove this Banner Ad

Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back