Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
off twitter...

Some very strong language from Qld's CHO Dr Jeannette Young over the AZ jab. “No, I don’t want under-40s to get AstraZeneca.” “I don’t want an 18-year-old in Queensland dying from a clotting illness who, if they got COVID, probably wouldn’t die.”

@abcbrisbane

#qldpols #COVID

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meanwhile as i acknowledge you wont die of covid if you get it I’m going to lock you down to stop you dying of covid if you get it….

This is how absurd the messaging has become.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not taking a quote of a guess of one person as fact.

And how is London relevant to Australia?

There are protests in the 10's of thousands in city's. Media doesn't report on it as it doesn't fit their negative agenda.
Ok, like where?

These are the same ""Sovereign Citizen" types from Melbourne last year. Lunatic fringes will lunatic.

Independent global affairs analyst Patrick Henningsen tweeted: 'I was at the 2 million march against the Iraq War in 2003, and I reckon this was at least half...

Anyone who uses the phrase "I reckon" to make a statement is basically full of shit.

Meanwhile as i acknowledge you wont die of covid if you get it I’m going to lock you down to stop you dying of covid if you get it….

This is how absurd the messaging has become.

For sure there has been appalling messaging and sometimes outright mistruths in government communications. I noticed an outright mistruth in the wa health departments messaging a few months ago.

but the lockdown isnt just about death and it isnt just about young people dying of it. Young people may not die but they will inevitably spread it to older people who will die.

If nsw hadnt been so ideologically opposed to any lockdown they could have done a circuit breaker lockdown much earlier and avoided this bullshit for everyone.

young people can also get long covid.

For sure there has been appalling messaging and sometimes outright mistruths in government communications. I noticed an outright mistruth in the wa health departments messaging a few months ago.

but the lockdown isnt just about death and it isnt just about young people dying of it. Young people may not die but they will inevitably spread it to older people who will die.

If nsw hadnt been so ideologically opposed to any lockdown they could have done a circuit breaker lockdown much earlier and avoided this bullshit for everyone.

young people can also get long covid.

Spare me, no one has died from Covid in Australia this year… the messaging around the Delta variant has been wrong to scare as many peoples as possible.. the variant may spread easier but isn’t as deadly as previous varieties….

By now if you are at an age where the death hotspot is you should have had at least one vaccination of some kind..

QLD Government blatantly encouraging vaccine hesitancy at this point.

No wonder most consider that state to be the handbrake of the country.
Be interested in seeing the death rate of covid and its variants in under 40’s vs the death rate of the vaccine

Especially given that doctors have said they can deal with the clotting issue far better now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare me, no one has died from Covid in Australia this year… the messaging around the Delta variant has been wrong to scare as many peoples as possible.. the variant may spread easier but isn’t as deadly as previous varieties….

By now if you are at an age where the death hotspot is you should have had at least one vaccination of some kind..

Well gee jimmy

dya reckon that noone has died from it maybe has something to do with the fact that absolutely f#%^ all people have caught it?

Dya reckon that might influence it just a tiny weensie little bit?

Or do you think we should have hospital beds full of people dying of absolutely nothing?

delta variant uptick of deaths in 4 countries - 2 of which are mostly vaccinated 2 of which arent.

FE2C62DF-8701-45A4-834C-200106682138.jpeg

we have vaccinated 4.8% of our population - so no the people who are most at risk arent vaccinated. Im one whos considered at risk and i was booked in to get my shot when it was cancelled due to the az clotting issue - i asked if i could have it anyway at my own risk as my wife has a compromised immune system and was denied.
Now my first shot is this sunday and tge second a few weeks after.
Source:

5524673B-936B-4378-8E94-E6F5670B5920.jpeg

How many Indian died of this Delta Variant in the recent outbreak?

Indonesia having issues with delta variant infecting vaccinated healthcare workers (Sinovac)
Vaccines can be great at preventing you from getting sick, while at the same time not necessarily stopping you from getting infected or spreading the germ.
I believe vaccine just slow down the reproduction rate in your body and the definition of "INFECTED" is a count of xx number of virus in your sample against the standard threshold.

What a balls up from the health departments and the feds.
On vaccination, does there come a point that if everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated and a lot of people decide they don't want to do it, we open up anyway? I can see a lot of people leaving Australia if that's not the case.

Vaccines can be great at preventing you from getting sick, while at the same time not necessarily stopping you from getting infected or spreading the germ.
I believe vaccine just slow down the reproduction rate in your body and the definition of "INFECTED" is a count of xx number of virus in your sample against the standard threshold.
The issues (reportedly) in Indonesia are going beyond that.

Preventing serious illness and death is the main benefit of vaccines which is why I am for them along with probably reduction in spread but unfortunately in Indo there may be some issues with some vaccines. I have some contacts over there through friends and family and they have received AZ, so they have a mix.

Heard on the radio this morning that some are pushing for the Govt to make vaccines available to large corporations (banks, miners, etc) and knock out big numbers that way. Those entities have also been calling for it apparently. Not a bad idea. Certianly couldn't do a worse job than the Govt is at present.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the intent is for those entities to vaccinate their employees, bear the cost, etc.

What a balls up from the health departments and the feds.
On vaccination, does there come a point that if everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated and a lot of people decide they don't want to do it, we open up anyway? I can see a lot of people leaving Australia if that's not the case.
Has to be. There's no other realistic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back