Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a balls up from the health departments and the feds.
On vaccination, does there come a point that if everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated and a lot of people decide they don't want to do it, we open up anyway? I can see a lot of people leaving Australia if that's not the case.
good the more people leave the better

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

McGowan has essentially backed up the Qld govt. His advice is for under 60s to get Pfizer. Also pushing for over 60s to be made eligible for Pfizer.

He's gone the hack on overseas travellers bringing Covid back. Amazed it's allowed to continue.
Cant disagree with him, really. Only minor quibble is that under 60s should be allowed to get AZ if they accept the risks.

Who on here have had their first / second vaccine dose and how severe were their side effects?

My wife had her second dose of pfizer on sunday and is currently in hospital with some of the most severe side effects ive ever seen from a vaccine.

Makes me wonder if its really worth it / is it better off getting RONA for someone whos healthy in their mid 30s or suffer some ******* horrendus side effects...been 2.5 days now. This is coming from someone who believes in the benifits of vaccines / pro vaccine but its distressing watching someone you care about be in so much pain.

Its been bloody tough wrangling the kids l, getting them off to daycare/school, fed prep their bags for the next day and also work. Its definetly taking a toll on me. Im really pissed off at the situation (not my wife)

I'm fortunate to still be working but fu** its stressful. I wish i could just take the time off but got my ring out with work atm.
Had one dose of AZ. Sore arm at injection site. Very lethargic the next day. Then 3-4 days of "pseudo-cold" symptoms. I mean, I knew I didn't have a cold, but my nose would run, my throat was scratchy, had the odd mild headache.

I've heard that the symptoms mainly kick in for the first dose of AZ and the second of Pfizer.

So how are 80% of the population getting vaccinated when under 18 yo are not allowed.

And if this vaccine is so 'great' why are children excluded?

So the rest of the population gets vaccinated but children still carry it and infect the vaccinated.

Oh yeah and Pfizer runs out in WA on Monday.

So how are 80% of the population getting vaccinated when under 18 yo are not allowed.

And if this vaccine is so 'great' why are children excluded?

So the rest of the population gets vaccinated but children still carry it and infect the vaccinated.

Oh yeah and Pfizer runs out in WA on Monday.
Trials on children are still being conducted.

The states are being 100% political. Labor states Qld and WA overreacting with lock downs and deflecting to liberal NSW and the Commonwealth. Liberal SA (with 5 cases) not locking down. Overall there are 300 odd active Covid cases in Australia all up and just 1 person is seriously sick with it in hospital, yet millions of people are locked up in their homes. Even the WHO don't endorse lockdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scary thing is that I can still see him winning the election easily. House prices are high and borders are keeping the brown people out.
And Albo may as well be The Invisible Man.

Coronavirus is gonna be the holy grail that saves the LNP federal government - nothing entrenches an incumbent PM like a national disaster.

Indonesia having issues with delta variant infecting vaccinated healthcare workers (Sinovac)
Sinovac does not seem very effective. Chile was using it as its primary vaccine, and while they have vaccinated a large proportion of the population, the effect is much lower than they had hoped. They are now considering whether a third shot is needed.

Sinovac does not seem very effective. Chile was using it as its primary vaccine, and while they have vaccinated a large proportion of the population, the effect is much lower than they had hoped. They are now considering whether a third shot is needed.
I think Japan is having a similar issue - IIRC I read somewhere that they were iffy on the "western" vaccines because they werent specifically developed for asian populations, so their preference is stuff like Sinovac.

The states are being 100% political. Labor states Qld and WA overreacting with lock downs and deflecting to liberal NSW and the Commonwealth. Liberal SA (with 5 cases) not locking down. Overall there are 300 odd active Covid cases in Australia all up and just 1 person is seriously sick with it in hospital, yet millions of people are locked up in their homes. Even the WHO don't endorse lockdowns.
You mean the SA case that actually wasn't real Community Transmission because it was a miner from NT and his family who were already in quarantine?

McGowan has essentially backed up the Qld govt. His advice is for under 60s to get Pfizer. Also pushing for over 60s to be made eligible for Pfizer.

He's gone the hack on overseas travellers bringing Covid back. Amazed it's allowed to continue.

The same Qld govt which has gone off full shot with the wrong information. She quoted Atagi and then actually misquoted them as they say those under 60 can have the option of the AZ if they discuss with their dr and understand the odd chance of a side effect..

The same Qld govt which has gone off full shot with the wrong information. She quoted Atagi and then actually misquoted them as they say those under 60 can have the option of the AZ if they discuss with their dr and understand the odd chance of a side effect..
The U/40s was more of McGowan's focus to be fair.

Cant disagree with him, really. Only minor quibble is that under 60s should be allowed to get AZ if they accept the risks.
Yup

im happy to get 2x pfitzer and 1 of anything else as my wife cant have any of them and id be heartbroken if i bought it home to her.

Last edited:

These premiers are shocking. Rock up to national cabinet and agree to give AZ to everyone, get back home and then start shit-canning it.

Yep - implying that the lockdown might be extended because of this. They love corona - the news just writes itself!
mcgowan even himself said if it is all controlled and no spread there will likely bring it to phase 1 or even none.

His tone is very different to previous lockdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back