Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things like this really highlight how the focus shouldn't be only total number of cases. We should only care about active cases. Of course, that is a much smaller number and much less dramatic.

Yep, and should focus on test #'s (it can' be coincidence that as testing has been opened up here in Vic the positive results have spiked), as well as segregating international arrival numbers from the results.

I just don't see the value in reporting like 'SA/WA have broken their run of no new cases' if the new cases are from international travel.

this aint great news

Worrying actually.
I think we need to be clear that we are not aiming for eradication. These little outbreaks will continue occurring and we need to be able to deal with them while getting on with life. The lockdown has bought us time to prepare, next will be using our new systems and capabilities to manage as we move forward.

Bah.

Even though Footy training can start from Monday we are still not able to as the council isn't allowing people onto any of the grounds untill further notice.
What a crock. If I wanted to turn up with a group and do some training there would be no problem (I did a running group with 9 other people on a footy club's oval this morning).

4 of 6 Qld cases are actually from tests in Vic. Its a corrupt government and police force covering up a mates meat works. A worker was pressured to work when they reported sick.
You found different info than me, The initial case was a labor hire worker who told testers he hadn't worked at the meatworks for a month. The Labor hire company didn't inform the meatworks for several days, seems like a lot of people didn't do their job properly, not sure what part the police had to play, mates or not.

"Guardian Australia understands Cedar Meats had instituted infection controls before their outbreak.

Workers have said surfaces such as door handles were regularly disinfected, the boning room and slaughter floor workers were encouraged not to mix or eat lunch together, and the company hired a security guard to check temperatures and send home anyone who might be sick."

4 of 6 Qld cases are actually from tests in Vic. Its a corrupt government and police force covering up a mates meat works. A worker was pressured to work when they reported sick.
There's a meat works on a cruise ship?

I'd rather the coronavirus threads on here don't get infested with the usual political trolls that have popped up in the main board and GD threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh, I was meant to be going over to Melbourne for a good 5 days over next long weekend and seeing WC vs the Pies, Rich vs SYD in blockbuster MCG games.

Was gonna be a bye for local amateur footy and sat perfectly with mine and the missus RDO'S so we didn't even need to take any time off work 😩

I realize things can always be much worse, but god I can't wait to look back at this miserable time in the review mirror.

2020, such a campaigner of a time.

Latest numbers (not just Australia, but China, South Korea, Germany etc) demonstrate how annoying this virus is at popping up even when you think you have it under control, and also demonstrates how eradication is more of a hope than a goal.

Sigh, I was meant to be going over to Melbourne for a good 5 days over next long weekend and seeing WC vs the Pies, Rich vs SYD in blockbuster MCG games.

Was gonna be a bye for local amateur footy and sat perfectly with mine and the missus RDO'S so we didn't even need to take any time off work 😩

I realize things can always be much worse, but god I can't wait to look back at this miserable time in the review mirror.

2020, such a campaigner of a time.
I feel ya.

Me and the family were supposed to be going to the Gold Coast in September and then swinging down through Melbourne to catch the GF and have free accommodation with the in-laws (who were set to move there last month).

Now all I have is an unsecured creditor claim against Virgin for $2,000+ in flights. Kids keep asking about the trip.

I was supposed to go to Tasmania for a week at the start of May. Was a bit annoyed initially as when the fixture came out they'd set the Hawks game to be the week before I went. Not really an issue now though...

Latest numbers (not just Australia, but China, South Korea, Germany etc) demonstrate how annoying this virus is at popping up even when you think you have it under control, and also demonstrates how eradication is more of a hope than a goal.
I'm starting to think the path forward is to find a way where the overall number of cases stays under hospital capacity and then get on with life from there. Hopefully for Australia, this allows us to get to phase 4 while managing outbreaks.

Hopefully we get a vaccine otherwise we'll have to live with it. This could have long reaching impacts on air travel and live sport/events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back