• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cale Morton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard some suggestions that Morton may have the size to play a key position? Although he hasn't played this role before, is it a possibility he could play that role in the future?

ive seen cotchin a few times and he is absoulutly brilliant. he is really smart, always gets to the right places and makes good decisions. His kicking is up there with the best in the TAC cup and while i havent seen anything of morton i rekon cotchin is/will be a great player.

as for vespremi with pick 19. the only game ive seen him play in he kicked 8 so my views on him would be over rated, but he has a big body and would slide into an AFL side quite nicely.

Honestly I know nothing of the two (most like everyone on this forum baring a few, yet am willing to admit it) and Cotchin from all I've read seems the less risk option. Personally I'm sick of us trying to convert flankers to proper positions and advocate a midfielder or key possie player in terms of drafting instead of Ezra Poyas' (wouldn't it be great to grab a westoff or two plus another foley?). Anyways I'm sick of inbetweens.

After watching the GF it really proved that contested football wins p'ships. For that reason lets pass on Morton.

Like Simche, never seen either play, but going on what has been said on here by people that have, Cotchin is not a contested ball winner either. He reads the game better than most and has fantastic sills though. But is not inside ...so guess we are passing on both on this logic.

Weaver suggested I think Masten for this reason. Someone else that made a good comment I thought comparing Cotchin to Pettifer in that Pettifer also dominated junior games as a mid, but has never been able to be effective as a mid at AFL level. Maybe Cotchin is at another level to what Pets was at junior level, but interesting factor to ponder!

If we throw Lids onball more from next year, Bling, Tucky, Axel, with Conners and Edwards developing and looking they may make it, with of course Cogs and Polo to come back next year. All young and with years to play yet. Throw Newman and Raines as possible part time onballers and I think we should go tall...Morton. Bring his brother across too! Then Neville can also be rookied maybe for a contested mid for you;)

Anyways I'm sick of inbetweens.

I'm no expert either, but a few people who are have said that Cotchin himself is an "inbetween" because there are doubts he will ever be a midfielder.

A Didak/Pettifer type of player would be nice, but he'd really be worth the #2 Pick if he became a midfielder which is a risk in itself.

Btw, it's funny how there are leaked rumours on who we'd take and both are different lol. Quite clever IMO.

A Didak/Pettifer type of player would be nice, but he'd really be worth the #2 Pick if he became a midfielder which is a risk in itself.

How does a hff get rated so highly then (Cotchin) ? Most weeks when he played TAC i noticed he would be named in a forward pocket.Surely there has to be gun midfielder or kpp player out there that has dominated.Yet the choice for pick 2 seems to be out of a hbf/wing (Morton) or hff/maybe mid (Cotchin).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Cotchin injured on crutches

It's the off season now anyway, by the time draft and preseason starts he will be almost right so Im not worried...

....besides I have an inkerling we will end up getting picks 2 and 3;)

Krakouer for pick 3....Judd to the PSD

you people have NFI

he has damaged ligaments in his ankle, not a broken foot

He will be out of action 3-4 weeks tops

He will do his testing for us outside draft camp;)

Would it be such a bad thing for the recruiters to listen to the fans for once???

I reckon we would have had it over the recruiters for the '05 draft anyway.

you people have NFI

he has damaged ligaments in his ankle, not a broken foot

He will be out of action 3-4 weeks tops

He will do his testing for us outside draft camp;)

Actually he broke a bone in his foot and has to be off his feet for 6-8 weeks
Draft camp is on crutches :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin or Morton

Back