MRP / Trib. Cotchin Out For 4 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cotchin Gets 4 Weeks or 3 With Early Plea

4 weeks is utterly insane. It was a stupid thing to do, and maybe the MRP figured he could have done more to prevent the collision. Never the less, 50 metre penalty, report and a possible 1 week suspension for me. Not really sure how they can justify 3-4 weeks

Does anyone else think Daniel Pratts comments hours just before the MRP decision was handed down were very strange? Why would a player come out and make comments before the MRP findings :confused:

really hoping RFC challenge it!! it makes no sense how he could get 4 weeks!!

Because Demetrio and Anderson and all their other little bottom lickers are aware that at any given time Benny Gale wished to put his hand up for the top job, he would become head honcho and dismiss most of them !!
They're only chance is to try to harm our chances of success and therefore attempt to defame Benny's resume !!

This is an absolutely disgraceful decision. This should have resulted in at the most a one week suspension, but probably none based on no previous indiscretions. The Hille incident was similar but worse - no penalty. Barry Hall with a very bad record got 2 more weeks for a king hit behind the play. Judd got nothing for a deliberate elbow to the face and he has recent form for eye gouging.

The decisions based within the current system have been ridiculously inconsistent.

The design of the system with its overblown complications of activation points and classifications for different elements of the offence was always going to be a joke. It really must be changed. And get rid of Adrian Anderson while you are at it.

Travis Cloke elbows Boak in the head, not in the same postcode as the ball, and accepts a two match suspension? I may be a bit biased but the Cotch impact barely raised an eyebrow.

The outcomes were different but Cloke's was infinitely more dangerous in my opinion.

If the MRP has been riding some bumps recently, this is a ****ing crater.

Because Demetrio and Anderson and all their other little bottom lickers are aware that at any given time Benny Gale wished to put his hand up for the top job, he would become head honcho and dismiss most of them !!
They're only chance is to try to harm our chances of success and therefore attempt to defame Benny's resume !!

It's the other Benny that is costing us I'm afraid. Expect nothing from the AFL after we drafted Benny Cus. The AFL head honcho's hate him and wanted him gone for good out of their hair. The day we signed him was the day we went into the AFL bad books big time.

Another example of these morons at work.....Hille gets off 3 times for the same thing happening on 3 separate occasions. Feel for the young bloke.

You guys have been done over a few times this year, namely Jackson and now this to top it off. What a disgrace this competition is turning into!!!!

Not sure what photos Hille has of Andy's missus but something smells fishy!!

Contest it, got nothing to lose. Even if he pleads guity, he'll only play 3 more games of the year and it's not like we're in finals contention or anything, need to look on to 2011 and the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable. There's gotta be a revolution against the AFL regime coming soon, surely. They are making a ****ing mess of things.

Anyone checked his facebook status ?;)

Im sorry i thought this was AFL.. oh wait it IS AFL, didnt know we were trying to take a netball/foot fairy approach..

No question that we need to contest this. Not just for Cotch but to prove the point that we're not going to stand back and do nothing while the halfwits at the AFL and MRP treat Richmond like second class citizens.

The contact wasn't high - I was watching the game and the contact didn't even appear to be very late either, given that it was very wet conditions and so you can't just stop in your tracks.

Even the North supporters on here are saying that the penalty is ridiculous, what does that tell you AFL?

Very, very pissed off with that. Good thing it wasn't Riewoldt, he would have been suspended for the rest of the season!
Dan Jackson was right about it being a "pussy sport"....:mad:

I said this morning to a mate that I thought he should get 2 weeks.. I thought 1 was not good enough for the offence.. 3 is probably just on the borderline.. 4 would be too much... in the end he got 3 which I think is warranted in the end.. but as I said, I would have given 2 weeks for that.

But a second ago, you said the MRP got it spot on. You don't really know what you're talking about, do you?

hmmm.. just the intelligent response I expected from this board..

Then why come on here ? If that was seriously too rough and "life-threatening" for you, go follow Netball. Keep going and I'm sure you'll win a holiday from one of our mods.

**** me...even when we lost our first 9 matches we never copped such absolute garbage from a bigger procession of self-important flogs.....and from from a such an insignificant little club too. Talk about little big man's syndrome.:eek:

I said this morning to a mate that I thought he should get 2 weeks.. I thought 1 was not good enough for the offence.. 3 is probably just on the borderline.. 4 would be too much... in the end he got 3 which I think is warranted in the end.. but as I said, I would have given 2 weeks for that.

yep, bias.

I think the MRP are basing the high contact charge on the concussion of the player. The problem with this is he hit his head on the ground, therefore no high contact. Also, the heavy contact should be downgraded to at least medium, as he was carried forward because of contact whilst in the air. Now that would drop the points to 4-5 from 8, meaning he would get 2 or 1 with a guilty plea, which sounds about right to me.

The tribunal is also made up of different people to the MRP, so hopefully they see it in a different light.

Brad Scott said on SEN yesterday morning that the contact was not head high but the concussion was from hitting his head on the ground. Maybe they should call Scott as a witness.

not sure if it is written in their guidelines but the impact the hit has on the victim always influences the penalty. If Cotchin had of done that on Barry Hall Bazza would have got up and played out the rest of the game and Cotchin probably would have got a reprimand.(ok Bazza probably would have decked him as well)
This rookie Wright goes down like a sack of potatoes hits his head on the ground and gets a ride in an ambulance and Cotch gets 4 weeks
System needs an overall big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back