Cotchin to the Demons a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the fact that Woodhouse has spent significnt time with Cotchin and his family since the Judd announcement suggests that he is our prime target. It will all depend on Richmond I guess.

I for one would prefer Masten (over Palmer if Cotchin is gone) as I think he works harder defensively than Palmer.

You'd think they'd talk to all of the top prospects though wouldn't you? I'm sure they would have already done the same with all of the top WA boys as well so to me that just suggests he is obviously right in the mix.

I agree that the go home factor won't be that much of a consideration if Cotchin is ranked quite a bit higher than Masten et al though...but if it was a line ball decision then the local factor might sway them.

Sounds to me though like the difference is significant enough that he's unlikely to last til 4 but I guess only time will tell. Thanks for the inputs. :thumbsu:

I for one would prefer Masten (over Palmer if Cotchin is gone) as I think he works harder defensively than Palmer.

I could be proven completely wrong, but from the little I've seen (and heard) of them I think Masten's a slightly safer chance of forging a good career, but palmer's a slightly better chance of being a downright star.
On that basis I think I'd prefer palmer. The biggest loss from judd leaving isn't that we're struggling to get a decent midfield together, it's that our number of true STARS through the midfield is left at 2.
Having said that, the romantic in me likes the idea of Masten apparently being a big west coast fan since childhood.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cotchin landed at Melbourne.

The difference between Cotchin, Palmer, Masten and Morton seems to be negligible and certainly on BF one of them tends to get pumped up by all for a wek or so. Palmer had an excellent finish to the WAFL season and was suddenly the hot one of the 4, but now seems to be 4th of them based on BF opinion. Morton has gone the other way with his draft camp results (along with the Richmond rumours) making him the hot fave to go at #2.

If Morton does go at #2, only the Eagles insiders know if they rate Cotchin so much higher than the other two that they would go that direction. All this of course on the assumption that the Eagles end up with #3.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cotchin landed at Melbourne.

The difference between Cotchin, Palmer, Masten and Morton seems to be negligible and certainly on BF one of them tends to get pumped up by all for a wek or so. Palmer had an excellent finish to the WAFL season and was suddenly the hot one of the 4, but now seems to be 4th of them based on BF opinion. Morton has gone the other way with his draft camp results (along with the Richmond rumours) making him the hot fave to go at #2.

If Morton does go at #2, only the Eagles insiders know if they rate Cotchin so much higher than the other two that they would go that direction. All this of course on the assumption that the Eagles end up with #3.

What if they got #1? Would you take Kreuzer even though Cox and Seaby is arguably the best ruck combination in the league?

Posted this on the Demons board but wanted to get the opinions of people who watch a lot more junior footy than I do on whether this would seem like a real possibility?

If Carlton don't trade pick 1 it looks pretty certain that they will take Kreuzer.

Richmond look like trading with the Eagles for Mitch Morton which would definitely strengthen the possibility of them taking Cale Morton at pick 2.

West Coast with pick 3 might then be a little gun shy about taking Cotchin after just losing Judd to the go home factor. Not sure if comments about him not wanting to go to the Eagles would hold much weight, but the strength of the local WA talent must mean that they would seriously consider taking one of them with pick 3: Masten, Palmer, Myers or Rance. Is this realistic or is there too big a gap between Cotchin and these players for the 'local boy' factor to influence it?

That would leave Cotchin available for the Demons at pick 4. Would love some thoughts on how realistic it is that this could happen?

Wow!!!
What a coincidence with you following Melbourne an all

Wow!!!
What a coincidence with you following Melbourne an all

What are you on about? From your post it looks like you know what this one means '!', but this '?' is a question mark. Used in the context of my post and placed at the end of the title sentence it means I'm asking whether this is a realistic proposition, not trying to push an agenda or start a rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin to the Demons a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back