Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 20-12 count speaks for itself.

Credit to North, they were first to the ball which is ultimately why they got the frees. I've made all the concessions I'm going to make, both on Cotchin and the match itself. Take your four points and be happy.

0 - 9 centre clearance speaks louder. We were harder at it and won free kicks on merit. The only dishonest footballer out there was Cotchin. 4 - 3 weeks with an early plea.

3 weeks WITH plea seems too harsh for mine. Reinforces what i said in my last post, its like playing russian roulette.

Yeah, bit harsh. I would've thought 1-2 weeks. No head high contact, just a bit late. Wright was okay but just went to hospital as a precaution Scott said.

Cotchin's incident was no different to a couple of Hille's. Hille gets off, Cotchin gets 4. Both should've got weeks. No consistency. Maybe next time Cotchin should just elbow someone in the head and open them up. That is 0 weeks or is that only if your name is Chris Judd?

Wright was okay but just went to hospital as a precaution Scott said.

Wright had concussion (confirmed on the north board by someone who knows him). Kept insisting he was right to play but when asked where he was couldnt give an answer, had no idea.

Think the medical report worked against Cotchin as (apparently) they are used as evidence and taken into account (according to the telecast on game day).

Was expecting 2 reduced to 1 or 3 reduced to 2 at the most, Jaw dropped when i heard 4-3.

Embarrassing reflection on our game if that is worth four weeks, the points system is an absolute abortion.

What an absolute joke. How can Cotchin get 4 weeks for that (was a 50 but no more) yet Hille gets let off for 3 similar incidents early this year and Waite gets off for jumping into Bate's back as well. Ilove this game but the administrators, umpires and MRP are an absolute joke.

Richmond must appeal this - I thought he was unlucky to even be reported. He was running hard at the contest, realised he wasn't going to get there in time and turned his body to protect himself. Whats he supposed to do put the brakes on and skid along the ground? Or keep running full pelt and bash his head into the back of Wright's? Joke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute joke. How can Cotchin get 4 weeks for that (was a 50 but no more) yet Hille gets let off for 3 similar incidents early this year and Waite gets off for jumping into Bate's back as well. Ilove this game but the administrators, umpires and MRP are an absolute joke.

wheeld.jpg

?

Richmond must appeal this - I thought he was unlucky to even be reported. He was running hard at the contest, realised he wasn't going to get there in time and turned his body to protect himself. Whats he supposed to do put the brakes on and skid along the ground? Or keep running full pelt and bash his head into the back of Wright's? Joke!

From my view he was never in the marking contest, realised he could not spoil so he dropped his shoulder and hit a bloke down the middle. He sent a bloke to hospital and took him out of the game. Was not brave and should be taken out of the game.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points) drawing 425 demerit points and a four match sanction.

This is absolute bullshit - the dickbrains that came up with this have no idea.

Reckless ? What was he supposed to do ? Not contest? High Impact - just a standard concussion - the type of thing that happens maybe a dozen times a round. ( nothing broken) High Contact??? they must be blind as well as corrupt, he made contact on his side and the damage was done when he hit the ground.

Is this the sort of protection you get from the AFL officials when your club CEO writes a letter of complaint to the AFL.

From my view he was never in the marking contest, realised he could not spoil so he dropped his shoulder and hit a bloke down the middle. He sent a bloke to hospital and took him out of the game. Was not brave and should be taken out of the game.

No the guy got concussion ( slight) and looks like he might play next week.

Funny how most of the neutral supporters are agreeing that the penalty is way over the top.

Just shows how far AFL has come when a corrupt organisation becomes involved. It's a bit like the 1984 version of sport.

No AFL membership for me next year. They can stick it up their arse.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points) drawing 425 demerit points and a four match sanction.

Actually thought the contact was intentional rather than reckless, i.e. deserving of a higher penalty according to the Andersonic 2000. I'm beyond getting too upset; we all know the system simply does not work.

To the morons who keep bringing up the Hille incident.....there are massive differences. Hille was clearly attempting to mark but braced for contact once he had already left the ground - he didnt have a choice. Cotchin lined him up and knocked him down. Cotch didnt deserve this many weeks but the incidents are not the same.

No the guy got concussion ( slight) and looks like he might play next week.

Funny how most of the neutral supporters are agreeing that the penalty is way over the top.

You cannot take a player out of a game with a hit from behind. There will be 10 players left at the end of games. Cotchin had no right to make contact so late.

Funny how the people that count agree with me.

Very harsh, how this is judged to be worse than Travis Cloke's moronic hit on Boak last week is beyond me.
Was actually hoping he would be playing this week because I enjoy watching the kid play.
Thumbs down, MRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back