Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he get one? He was never in the contest and hit a bloke from behind. I thought you could only get whip lash from a car accident. 4-3 or 3-2 is fine with me.

Then you have no idea. I had whiplash from a football incident 3 weeks ago. The bloke got off for what happened to me too.

He should have got 1 because that is all it deserved. It was a reportable offence no doubt. But it was not worth anything more than a week.

How exactly was the contact high? From what I saw Cotchin hit him no higher than the shoulder blades.

MRP is a sad pathetic joke.

Its the inconsistency that is the problem. Hille does not even get charged for pretty much the same and he gets 4.

All people want is consistency so they do not feel hard done by.

Its the inconsistency that is the problem. Hille does not even get charged for pretty much the same and he gets 4.

All people want is consistency so they do not feel hard done by.

Goddard got straight up and was at the next contest.

You take a player out of a game illegally it has to be weeks.

Better them than some of the Tiger posters!

"Makes me glad that Cotchin took one of those dirty dogs out"

I hope blokes like you condemning Cotch are going to start up a campaign to remove Archer as the shinboner of a century status, he made hits such as what Cotchin did and much worse on a regular vasis

Goddard got straight up and was at the next contest.

Thet were both nearly identical you simpleton, it was an unfortunate accident that he landed how he did and this will happen in contact sports.
Going by this idiotic logic you can make a much bigger dirtier hitthen strong body such as Goddard then on a small underdeveloped player like Wright but because he is small thus more likely to go down one player gets punished and the other doesn't.

WOW just WOW... what a joke the game and MRP is. Firstly myself and 95% of Tigers fans agree it was a stupid act and probably deserved 1-2 weeks but 4? How can they justify this and to say for high contact?? He never hit him high... the concussion I assume was from him hitting the turf. Would love someone to make a video of the incidents that have got less weeks or no weeks(Hille) and ask them to explain the reason for Cotchin getting more.

It's not good that a player was hurt but come on... if it was say BBBB or Brown that he ran into then I doubt they do more than get up and have a go at him. Now I am not having a go at Wright here or saying he can't take a hit just making the point the injury of the player shouldn't affect the result when different players are going to react differently when taking certain hits.

I have had a little chuckle over the reaction of North fans, about 5-10 years back they would have applauded Archer for taking a bloke out with a hit like that, now that one of their own has copped a heavy hit its Cotchin got his fair whack.

Thet were both nearly identical you simpleton, it was an unfortunate accident that he landed how he did and this will happen in contact sports.
Going by this idiotic logic you can make a much bigger dirtier hitthen strong body such as Goddard then on a small underdeveloped player like Wright but because he is small thus more likely to go down one player gets punished and the other doesn't.

Hille's bump on Goddard was on the side - Cotchin dropped his shoulder and hit him down the middle of his back. Hille should have got a week and Cotchin got what he deserved. They were not the same.

But I am done talking about a player who had no impact on the game, excpet for his hit, in a team sitting 2nd last.

I have had a little chuckle over the reaction of North fans, about 5-10 years back they would have applauded Archer for taking a bloke out with a hit like that, now that one of their own has copped a heavy hit its Cotchin got his fair whack.

Yeah, kinda takes me back to the K.Bartlett Brownlow squealing days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very harsh, how this is judged to be worse than Travis Cloke's moronic hit on Boak last week is beyond me.
Was actually hoping he would be playing this week because I enjoy watching the kid play.
Thumbs down, MRP.
Exactly. If Cloke got 4 and Cotchin 2 I think most people would say 'fair enough'.

Better them than some of the Tiger posters!

"Makes me glad that Cotchin took one of those dirty dogs out"
You won't find me endorsing comments like that.

Hille's bump on Goddard was on the side - Cotchin dropped his shoulder and hit him down the middle of his back. Hille should have got a week and Cotchin got what he deserved. They were not the same.

But I am done talking about a player who had no impact on the game, excpet for his hit, in a team sitting 2nd last.

Doesn't the fact that every single neutral disagrees with the decision say something to you?
What do you think of Glenn Archer?

WOW just WOW... what a joke the game and MRP is. Firstly myself and 95% of Tigers fans agree it was a stupid act and probably deserved 1-2 weeks but 4? How can they justify this and to say for high contact?? He never hit him high... the concussion I assume was from him hitting the turf. Would love someone to make a video of the incidents that have got less weeks or no weeks(Hille) and ask them to explain the reason for Cotchin getting more.

It's not good that a player was hurt but come on... if it was say BBBB or Brown that he ran into then I doubt they do more than get up and have a go at him. Now I am not having a go at Wright here or saying he can't take a hit just making the point the injury of the player shouldn't affect the result when different players are going to react differently when taking certain hits.

Come on, if Cotchin pulled this stunt on BBBB or Brown, he would still be out for 4 weeks... nursing a broken jaw.

Come on, if Cotchin pulled this stunt on BBBB or Brown, he would still be out for 4 weeks... nursing a broken jaw.

Wrong, they would have been able to stand their ground and it would have been a 50 for late contact and no report and forgotten by now.

As Morgoth said it's about consistency. If it's 4 weeks so be it I don't have a problem, so long as every similar hit is given 4 weeks. Just like fans frustrations with HTB, in the back, 50s etc. Fact is there is no consistency in Umpiring, the MRP or the Tribunal and for a billion dollar industry it's just not good enough.

I have had a little chuckle over the reaction of North fans

North fans are pissy because they had a good win over the 15th placed side and no one gives a shit.

You do realise that North Melbourne players and the coach have publicily raised their concerns over the actions taken by the umpire on the day and now MRP over the actions taken and they have referred to inconsistancy ?

Shannon Grant hacked Deledio and put him out for a month with a broken arm. Still the only games he's missed in six years, and Grant wasn't held to account. The game is ruled by an administration that is either incompetent or corrupt. Sad day when the corporates took over.

But I'll be here for support the next time the AFL wants to terminate your club.

You do realise that North Melbourne players and the coach have publicily raised their concerns over the actions taken by the umpire on the day and now MRP over the actions taken and they have referred to inconsistancy ?

You realise hes the only one here that thinks 4 weeks isnt too harsh. Be the bigger man and drop it, if you dont poke the bear it wont retaliate.

But I'll be here for support the next time the AFL wants to terminate your club.

Hey I was at Richmond in the 90's rattling tins in the save our skins campaign. I also will be there the next time the AFL wants to terminate your club - still have some tins from the glory days.

Hey I was at Richmond in the 90's rattling tins in the save our skins campaign. I also will be there the next time the AFL wants to terminate your club - still have some tins from the glory days.

Good man. :thumbsu:

(Unless you emptied the tins yourself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back