Could last week have just been a warmup for the cats to break the AFL scoring record this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its a matter of if we keep our foot down or not....
If we do then I think its a genuine chance to go..we had only kicked 3 goals half way into the 1st... and have kicked about 15 in the quarter and a half since so on track

I think we'll drop off in the second half a bit, not expecting 200+ again.

Still 25% behind Collingwood's percentage, I am guessing Geelong will try and kick as big a score as possible. A score of 230 vs 30 would bring the percentage difference back to 11%. Brings top spot within reach and probably an easier first final.

Wow wee

Predict the score

40.25 (265)

22 more behinds is a stretch from a side who has kicked 14 in 6 quarters (out of 69 shots, no less :cool:)

Maybe everyone was a bit harsh on Dean Bailey :p

Pretty poor fixturing by the AFL, throwing their new multi-million dollar investment to the wolves.

So they were just never going to play Geelong at Geelong? :confused:

Always was going to be a game there with the Ablett thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they were just never going to play Geelong at Geelong? :confused:

Always was going to be a game there with the Ablett thing

...sorry, what? I was distracted by your avatar.

Nah but seriously, I think the AFL (would have) lost more than they gained from this match. The Ablett linked would have gained them some more viewers, maybe a capacity crowd at Skilled. But I'm sure if Geelong had beat GC by 240 points (which won't happen), it would have caused more harm than good. Although I suppose any publicity is good publicity.

...sorry, what? I was distracted by your avatar.

Nah but seriously, I think the AFL (would have) lost more than they gained from this match. The Ablett linked would have gained them some more viewers, maybe a capacity crowd at Skilled. But I'm sure if Geelong had beat GC by 240 points (which won't happen), it would have caused more harm than good. Although I suppose any publicity is good publicity.
Not true. Look at how Melbourne's week is going.

Surely the first ever back to back 150+ wins?

Never thought I'd have to ask that question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could last week have just been a warmup for the cats to break the AFL scoring record this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back