could Robbo be used as a new key forwd with Farren?

Remove this Banner Ad

jd hot stuff

All Australian
Mar 17, 2006
VIC
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
WFC & Green bay packers
I think that Robbo has made a good come back in the past 2 weeks against the swans and crows after having a few bad weeks. Against the swans he kicked that great bag full of 5 and looked great and last friday night looked god for only one goal and he is also starting to get more of the ball. And Farren is just getting better each week he plays due to him getting expirence and game time.

I think now with murphy out with his ACL i think Robbo could be used in the same sort of fashion murphy was and that is to get him on more leads out side 50 and get marks, and this might free up the forwdline for Johnno and Granty. And if we could play Robbo in that type of role i think Farren could be used as crumerfor Johnno and Granty if he finds sapce. Due to Grant and Johnnos strong marking ablity and Farrens aglity they could be used like talls and Farren a small or just play him in the forwdline.

Love to hear what people think from all diffrent teams as the doggies nedd to change a few tings since we lost Murphy.

Probably the best idea i've heard yet, although i'm not convinced yet about Farren Ray. He's all over the place at times.
That being said were running out of options and it would be good to see if it works, all eade can do now is try new things and see if they work. Hwaks and freo will be good games to experiment with.

AlexDelarge said:
Probably the best idea i've heard yet, although i'm not convinced yet about Farren Ray. He's all over the place at times.
That being said were running out of options and it would be good to see if it works, all eade can do now is try new things and see if they work. Hwaks and freo will be good games to experiment with.

Great idea, hes a fantastic talent. Dont worry about his form from the seasons past, he is just coming into some good form. Spoke to his old man about a month ago, said hes truly enjoying his footy at the moment and keen to become a regular.

juddy_Like said:
the guys a twig and your asking him to play kp. times are desperate arent they.

far out bro.

Well he has been slowly putting muscle and body mass on, but i think he would make a tall defence back work even harder is he turns in to a good crumer.

juddy_Like said:

far out bro.

Well yes they are. "KPP" forwards the dogs are missing.

Darcy, Murphy, Morgan, Walsh, Hahn. Even Skipper has just come back. So yeah you could say we are in desperate times.

juddy_Like said:

far out bro.

Well do you have any people who could play KP for us up forwd?

you have got me looking forward to our next clash with Essendon now - can you imagine the 50kg Farren Ray at Full Forward with the 50kg man mountain of a full back Joel Reynolds standing him.
Hasnt been a massive clash like that in the goal square since Jakovich on Plugger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Tom Davison?

I know he is rookie listed but surely time for him to get a crack.

How has his form been at reserves level, if memory serves me correctly he has a good set of hands?

more referring to how times are desperate. and besides i dont think your going to have a KP player for the rest of the year and rely more so on your run and cruming ability.

also phil matera never played out of FF. he always had lynchy, wilson or cummings next to him. if anything out of those comments, if should aspire one of the small bullies to do what he did. 50 odd goals a year for someone so small isnt too bad.

juddy_Like said:
more referring to how times are desperate. and besides i dont think your going to have a KP player for the rest of the year and rely more so on your run and cruming ability.

also phil matera never played out of FF. he always had lynchy, wilson or cummings next to him. if anything out of those comments, if should aspire one of the small bullies to do what he did. 50 odd goals a year for someone so small isnt too bad.

Id say Farren would fit into the role of a crummer very easly as he has better aglity then matera had when he was playing up forwd so i think it would be a move to see if it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

could Robbo be used as a new key forwd with Farren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back