could the Blues nab Mortin

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Hughes and Riewoldt highly.

I don't rate Pattison at all. I like is attitude, but you need more than that at this level. Bottom

Hughes is yet to do enough...and I don't think it's from lack of opportunity. I rate his accuracy and that's pretty much it for him at AFL level for mine. He is not big enough, powerfull enough, quick enough, tough enough or a hard runner. How is he ever going to beat his opposition? If he worked and worked in the Pre Season he would have a chance...but I doubt he will.

Riewoldt, fair call. He lacks a fraction of pure speed, but he does look the goods and I hope for a big year from him in 08.

Patto - you may not rate him, and sure he can look awkward, but he is more often than not effective.

He has great ability below his knees for a big bloke, huge running capacity which means he finishes off games very well and as he bulks up he may be able to fill in a Key post other than ruck. Right now his contested marking would be stopping him from playing as a key forward.

Don't be surprised if he gets better and better throughout his career, ala Benny Gale.

...Pattison is awesome. Seriously. Hes got a motor, hes quite aggressive, and he is still developing. He will be a player in the mould of charman once he is around 95-100kg. Defensive tallent is a concern but I have faith in Thursfield.

Fair enough. I'll try to keep an open mind on Pattison. Didn't like what I saw in several of the games I saw. But he's still developing. :)

Agree with the Benny Gale analogy. Pattison will eventually be a CHB/CHF/Ruck option if he develops his contested marking much like gale.

What didnt you like about him? For a young ruckman he has played some absolute ripper games against much more fancied opposition. Can hold his head high given he was our number 1 ruckman for much of the year without any real support. Around the ground he was excellent, particularly with his attack on the ball, even if his skills arent the best.

Richo has been a superstar, but 2008 will be his last. I rate Hughes and Riewoldt highly. Both read the flight of the ball well, and have a natural awareness and smarts to play KP forward roles. Hughes was very disappointing in 2007 for whatever reason, but I'm confident he has the ability to succeed at this level, unless Terry completely stuffs up his development. Shulz was very very close to being delisted this year, Miller was trying to trade him. He's been around for long enough now. Game over. Polak has been decent, and good as a KP defender, but doesn't have the kicking skills or mindset to be good as a KP forward. Haven't seen a lot of Mcguane, but he's been decent in the games I saw - nice skills, good awareness, but hardly KP size. I don't rate Pattison at all. I like is attitude, but you need more than that at this level. Bottom line, if Hughes and Reidwolt progress there is definitely KP forward potential there. Defensive height and talent is still a concern. And the lack of quality 200cm+ developing ruck on your list is a huge concern. :)

I see that zinc intake has worn off quickly Parrot;) I agree with about everything you have said here. Scary!

You may be writing off Richo a little early but I don't think we will get 3 or 4 more years out of him like some on here are suggesting. I also still have concerns with Pattison, but he has heart and with the skills he does have, may be able to be 'servicable' and effective enough to be in a Tigers finals team ala Benny Gale.

Edit: what is now scarier Dave, before seeing your post, not only did you also mention Gale, but you used the 'ala'. Twightzone stuff LOL

Richo has been a superstar, but 2008 will be his last. I rate Hughes and Riewoldt highly. Both read the flight of the ball well, and have a natural awareness and smarts to play KP forward roles. Hughes was very disappointing in 2007 for whatever reason, but I'm confident he has the ability to succeed at this level, unless Terry completely stuffs up his development. Shulz was very very close to being delisted this year, Miller was trying to trade him. He's been around for long enough now. Game over. Polak has been decent, and good as a KP defender, but doesn't have the kicking skills or mindset to be good as a KP forward. Haven't seen a lot of Mcguane, but he's been decent in the games I saw - nice skills, good awareness, but hardly KP size. I don't rate Pattison at all. I like is attitude, but you need more than that at this level. Bottom line, if Hughes and Reidwolt progress there is definitely KP forward potential there. Defensive height and talent is still a concern. And the lack of quality 200cm+ developing ruck on your list is a huge concern. :)

LOL your analysis is hiiiiiiillllllarious!!

Declaring richo will retire and that the deal is done with who carlton will take in the draft... The only inside info you have is from SEN you moron...

Run along and have a great life with the superstar SETANTA lol....

Pattison >>>>>>>>> Ackland >>>>>>>>>>... Setanta

"
I still remember Terry's infamous 2005 "we will make the top-4" public assertion. Then we saw the biggest implosion in the past 25 years. And now they're sitting solid bottom, with a list in tatters, thanks to a series of end-on-end Miller list management blunders. Do Tiges supporters actually believe Terry anymore? :)"

"Is that you Terry? Simmonds is a 196cm 30 year old ruck - a work horse, but nothing more. Brown - good player, but is 30 yo next year, and looked pretty slow this year. Coughlan is a 26 yo slow midfielder with chronic knee injuries, again nothing special. And Johnson...well, lets just say he'd struggle to get a game with any other Club. Your list is in a mess. A complete disaster. Will never make progress while Terry is in denial and Miller is making list management blunders. Terry's public 2011 9th finish goal, is looking ambitious at best. :)"

"That's actually an A-grade lie. His company got fined, not Pratt as an individual. It is a huge difference, but you don't want to know about that because you're just bitter and angry that the Blues took Judd and Kruezer off your pathetic, success-less, imploding, basket-case of a Club. :)"

"lol. Richmond Envy. Now there's a challenging concept. Richmond supporters, here's your challenge. Could you actually describe ANY aspect of your Club that ANY other club is actually envious of. Huge laughes. :)"

"Hampson looks like becoming a super star, and maybe the pick of the 2006 draft. So, a drafting master-stroke. And on Jetta V Grigg, I prefer the latter, knowing what we know now. :)"

I rest my case you are either...

A. a ****
b. A spas
c. a moron
d. a loser

Im backing 50/50 c and d, with a bit of a and b thrown in...

Hughes is yet to do enough...and I don't think it's from lack of opportunity. I rate his accuracy and that's pretty much it for him at AFL level for mine. He is not big enough, powerfull enough, quick enough, tough enough or a hard runner. How is he ever going to beat his opposition? If he worked and worked in the Pre Season he would have a chance...but I doubt he will.
That is crap. So far Cleve is the best performing tall forward taken in his draft.

Josh Kennedy - Pick 4 - 22 games, 11 goals
Beau Dowler - Pick 6 - 3 games, 2 goals
Mitch Clark - Pick 9 - 10 games, 10 goals
Cleve Hughes - Pick 24 - 10 games, 11 goals
Jay Neagle - Pick 39 - 1 game, 1 goal
Michael West - Pick 57 - Delisted

Fair enough. I'll try to keep an open mind on Pattison. Didn't like what I saw in several of the games I saw. But he's still developing. :)

I suppose ruckman that regularly knock up 15-20 possies a game grow on trees:eek:...add a liberal dose of substance to any claims on players, use stats and any references to inclusions in the best players, adds a fair degree more credence than straight from the clacker parrot style bull%^$....:rolleyes:

I would....most Tiger fans saw nothing in pattison at the start of the year, wondering why the hell we drafted him. There was a thread every second day on what a dud he was.....

Needless to say he doesn't get that negative attention anymore:) Still a long way to go, there's something about Patto and its hard to pinpoint. If you watched every Tigers game this year then you would understand a bit better:thumbsu:

lol. Fisher (193cm), Waite (194cm), Fev (191cm) , Hampson (202cm), Setanta (200cm), Aisake (202cm), Hartlett (196cm), Austin (194cm), Edwards (192cm), Bower (193cm, Austin (194cm). We also have a group of tall fast midfielders (189-190cm) - Walker, Judd, Russell, Grigg and Benjamin. We actually have the tallest list in the AFL by about 2-3 cm on average. Anyway, the Blues have chosen Kruezer. I wouldn't stress yourself over it. The decision has been made. :)

a wealth of riches:eek:

hampson..done nothing
setanta ...cant kick donen nothing
aisake....done less than his brother
hartlett...hack
austin...hack
edwards...fat hack
bower russel grigg benjamin...hack hack hack hack

a team of hacks that lost 15 in a row

hack hack hack hack:)

hampson..done nothing
hartlett...hack
austin...hack
edwards...fat hack

thanks Nik I asked Parrot for some commentary other than height and weight and he was left speechless, you filled the void nicely:p

hampson..done nothing
hartlett...hack
austin...hack
edwards...fat hack

thats gold nikolasgabriel

I have a frog in my throat hack hack, hang on its the blues list, hack hack hack hack hack, impossible to clear hack hack hack hack.:D

I'm not worried, Cale Mortin will be our Jarred Oakley Nicholls gone right...

He is compared to Embley but I think Goodes is a better comparison minus the rucking attributes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hampson..done nothing
hartlett...hack
austin...hack
edwards...fat hack

You have no idea.
I am a richmond supporter and even i can see that.

So how did it feel finishing behind this team of 'Hacks'?

Well considering we won the essendon match (i am bitter but that was one of the best wins i've seen in a while ripped out of our hands by a rule made up by an ex tiger superstar arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh) and we shanked the st kilda match, and that we were in alot more matches than you guys, and that we had a better percentage, and that we had worse injuries to better players (the loss of stevens is totally wiped out by coughlan, simmonds, brown, hissy fit retirement of gaspar, broken hand of johnson and the career ending injuries to both of our backup ruckmen in knobel and hall)...i dont feel too bad :):thumbsu:

Let me ask you this. Does one o.p stuffed Judd and a disloyal hack with a dud knee in hadley amount to a fully fit Simmonds, Brown and Johnson, the inclusion of 2 skilled mids in mcmahon and morton and the possible return of coughlan? Even when you just lost 3 experienced former stars in lappin, kouta and whitnall?

You guys wont finish out of the bottom 4. Where is the improvement you're all touting coming from?

Well considering we won the essendon match (i am bitter but that was one of the best wins i've seen in a while ripped out of our hands by a rule made up by an ex tiger superstar arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh) and we shanked the st kilda match, and that we were in alot more matches than you guys, and that we had a better percentage, and that we had worse injuries to better players (the loss of stevens is totally wiped out by coughlan, simmonds, brown, hissy fit retirement of gaspar, broken hand of johnson and the career ending injuries to both of our backup ruckmen in knobel and hall)...i dont feel too bad :):thumbsu:

Let me ask you this. Does one o.p stuffed Judd and a disloyal hack with a dud knee in hadley amount to a fully fit Simmonds, Brown and Johnson, the inclusion of 2 skilled mids in mcmahon and morton and the possible return of coughlan? Even when you just lost 3 experienced former stars in lappin, kouta and whitnall?

You guys wont finish out of the bottom 4. Where is the improvement you're all touting coming from?
Sorry I didn't know you were Judd and Hadley's doctor... Let's see
Lappin out, Stevens In
Kouta out Judd In
Whitnall Out, Kreuzer/Cloke In

Lappin out, Stevens In
Kouta out Judd In

ROFLCOPTER

When did Cloke become a serviceable player, let alone a good one?

He had 1 good game out of about 6, where he kicked 3 goals....laughable

Simmonds>>>>>daylight>>>Kruezer/Cloke

Lappin out, Stevens In
Kouta out Judd In

Hadley does have stuffed knees. 2 knee recos kinda does that. Judd is a massive question mark but he should be alright. If they both play to the maximum of their abilities, and that is a massive IF, you will see a slight improvement.

But seriously Kreuzer/Cloke probably wont have any impact next year. Kreuzer because he will be a first year ruckman so you cant expect much, if anything, from him and Cloke because he is just a dud. So Kouta, Whitnall and Lappin vs Judd and Stevens...not a massive difference. Slight improvement yes, top 8 material...not a chance.

Anyway I didnt say you wouldnt improve, just that you'll improve alot less than us, barring a shocking run of injuries.

Richmond:

In: Simmonds, Coughlan, K.Johnson (remember he was the '06 best and fairest winner before he smashed his hand this year), McMahon, M.Morton, fully fit nathan brown, will thursfield and chris newman

Out: Kingsley, Knobel, Hall, Krakouer, Hartigan (total of about 10 games between them this year if that)

any way richmond r in a win win situation regardless cause if carlton take morton then we will take kruzer and if they take kruzer than we will take morton.

Hadley does have stuffed knees. 2 knee recos kinda does that. Judd is a massive question mark but he should be alright. If they both play to the maximum of their abilities, and that is a massive IF, you will see a slight improvement.

But seriously Kreuzer/Cloke probably wont have any impact next year. Kreuzer because he will be a first year ruckman so you cant expect much, if anything, from him and Cloke because he is just a dud. So Kouta, Whitnall and Lappin vs Judd and Stevens...not a massive difference. Slight improvement yes, top 8 material...not a chance.

Anyway I didnt say you wouldnt improve, just that you'll improve alot less than us, barring a shocking run of injuries.

Richmond:

In: Simmonds, Coughlan, K.Johnson (remember he was the '06 best and fairest winner before he smashed his hand this year), McMahon, M.Morton, fully fit nathan brown, will thursfield and chris newman

Out: Kingsley, Knobel, Hall, Krakouer, Hartigan (total of about 10 games between them this year if that)
How many knee reconstructions has Coughlan had?

Yet you're questioning Hadley's worth. :confused:

Hadley played 14 games this season and appears to be over his knee injury.

It will take another year for Coughlan to get back to his best.

Stevens smashed Johnson to the tune of 30 possessions in round one, so round one should be a good come back game with Hadley and Judd beside him this time.

I just hope Johnson kicks the ball the right way. :)
Good ol' parrot had to name a player twice to get that average a little higher :eek:
He probably meant Jamison when he mentioned Austin twice.

And I doubt we will take Morton. :)

umm no it hasnt. im best mates with kreuz. last thing carlton said to him was that they cant promise him anything. i think id know parrot. stop acting like you know stuff.

looks like they've at least learnt something from that almighty #$@!$ up when they heralded the signing of ackland in the PSD a month before MM decided to nominate :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

could the Blues nab Mortin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back