Could the Pies do what the Lions of 03 did??

Remove this Banner Ad

History is littered with teams that carried all before them during the season only to run out of oomph or focus at the final hurdle. It's happened to Collingwood and will happen to others, so much of footy is governed by timing now.

We are coming into some decent form and its rising week by week, Hawks have been at a peak for most of the year. If they can sustain that peak for two more weeks they will most likely win - otherwise its open season.
Totally with you Jonbe. I have been a bit of a fatalist this year believing that we were little chance to even contend but I have been proven wrong at every turn. I said a few weeks ago that if we could get Dids, Johnno and Krak back on the field and into a bit of form we would be a completely different side. So far, Johnno has been pretty good from game 1, Krak has improved every week and Dids lit it up before getting injured last week. The side is looking decidedly better and especially going inside 50. My comments at the time were based on my belief that with those three who are all good disposers there would be a chance that some of the belief that's been missing all year could return but I also made the observation that time is the key. Unfortunately it's the one commodity we have the least of but I'm sure we have seen some signs over the last few weeks. I'm not going to get ahead of myself but I'm daring to dream. How awesome would a GF be let alone such a surprise flag. To me it would be like burglars in the night. Sneak in quietly in the night and snatch it right from under the Hawks' noses. Please god!

I think we could.

I did suggest that losing to Hawthron could clear the 'easier' path to the GF.

Having said that, I suggested this under the assumption Geelong would beat Freo and Adelaide. In the end, it worked out the same either way.

But I still feel losing to Hawthorn is the better way. This team really REALLY needs ot build it's form, not have a week off and come into a Prelim completely flat as a tack when their form wasn't flash to begin with.

I think a Brisbane of 03 is definitely on the cards. We'll know more after tomorrow night.

Just believe, that we could go the hard way like the lions did in 03 when they went in as underdogs after their loss to the pies in the first final.. I do remember they had a prelim in sydney on a sat nite and came back to win and then go all the way..
Not comparing the teams but a similar situation. Dont want to be 7 goals down as we arent the best side in comebacks of that margin but I have this feeling that this side is really geared up and will stun the swannets in the first quarter.

We could do it . We need a big game from Kraks he is a special finals player just ask Swan Districts Cloke has to stand up and the ever reliable shaw has to rebound off that wing with that attacking lovely kick of him into the forward line like last week we can do it. Shaw is the model footballer kids should watch ,sheperds, does everything ,good to see Bucks is concentrating on the sheperding it was missing.Mick and Sheeds are masters at that. Go to war boys good luck

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the Pies do what the Lions of 03 did??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back