Cousins a Tiger!

Remove this Banner Ad

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep thats right the Tigers did take Benny with pick 6 in the pre season draft this morning.
It was the worst kept secret in footy and despite Richmond saying they would not use pick 6 that is exactly what they did.
After the Sheedy influence and the Richmond board deciding to take him he was always going to end up a tiger even after Polak was denied a spot on the rookie list.
All i can say is good luck Benny, you will be why bloody Richmond is a finals team next year and a very dangerous side.
I for one hope you tear it up and show other Clubs including us what we have missed out on.

Welcome back Benny. You might have saved Wallace's coaching gig seeing the Tiges might actually make it past 9th on the ladder. :p

But ... that's the last congrats you'll hear from me now. Whether it was a wise move or not that we didn't pick you up you'll now playing for the yellow and black - BRING IT ON!!!

Glad to see Ben back. It is a good decision by the tigers. I think getting Ben puts them in a position similar to where we were last year. Whilst their "premiership window" is not where they want it to be the balance of star players getting past it with guys like Simmonds, Rich and Brown and top young talent coming through with Lids and Cotch puts them in a position where if all goes well they may "steal" one.

I think it was needed by the tiges because I am not confident in their kpf in the long term and I think it's smart to try and strike whilst Richo is still in top form and Brown, Simmonds are still around.

We all know we made a mistake by not taking him so good luck to him and well done Richmond the only team with balls enough to take him.

We all know we made a mistake by not taking him so good luck to him and well done Richmond the only team with balls enough to take him.
No we don't.. in just the last few weeks he has waxed his way to notoriety by avoiding drug tests and attending drug dealers funerals.. PASS

Good luck to him,
I hope he carves up every side except Collingwood.
It will be great watching him play football again, especailly round one when he towels up Judd.

Great stuff for Ben! Right, now he is drafted the club can tell us exactly why they didn't take him. And i mean the real reason that players and officials are happy to tell large corporate sponsors like a guy i know.

The supporters deserve to know why a guy that was desperate to be reunited with an old familiar coach (MM), who will probably tear us a new one at some stage in the next couple of years, and was going for free, isn't at the club. There is no reason for them to sugar coat it now.

I'd love someone to ask the hard question at the AGM, since it was a decision taken away from the footy department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what you are teling me is the dripping on my back is Rain and not you pissing down there?

We hired a PI ffs and chose not to draft him, st.kilda chose not to draft him, brisbane chose not to draft him, wallace didnt want him until sheedy over ruled and then the angry masses forced them to draft him.

Seems to me we led teh way in making our decision on him

Richmond were going to be dangerous next season, and with the inclusion of Cousins, its become a certainty. Don't be suprised if you see Richmond challenging for the top 4 at some stage of next season.

Richmond were going to be dangerous next season, and with the inclusion of Cousins, its become a certainty. Don't be suprised if you see Richmond challenging for the top 4 at some stage of next season.
before they gt cousins i thought probably 10 to 12 wins, now i think pobably 12 maybe 13 wins. You think they could get 14 15 wins to get top 4? i dont

You're right, Richmond play Carlton in round 1, a fixture they won last year. If Benny allows them to win by a big enough margin, that's top 4 right there.

Looking at the fanfare Cous is generating, he would have bought in an extra 10 K Memberships alone.
Aaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa

Richmond supporters don't buy memberships because they never make the finals

Would not have had the same effect at Collingwood where we are already making finals and maximising membership

Your quest for negativity has sunk into stupidity Rohan. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins a Tiger!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back