Cousins: Rehab an option, but confident on passing drug test

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry for paraphasing, i had to try to keep it simple. what i should have said is, how do you explain the absolute confidence of the coach and the player that the drug test he took on Monday will not be positive?

I can't - that's why I think the AFL must investigate.

The only valid explanations are that Worsfold knows the test has been compromised or he is taking the word of an addict.

I can't - that's why I think the AFL must investigate.

The only valid explanations are that Worsfold knows the test has been compromised or he is taking the word of an addict.
or that the substance in question is not an illegal one

or that he stopped using the illegal substances over a month ago and is having trouble dealing with being clean and/or using the less effective bbut legal substance.

but you can have your conspiracy theory if you like.... i think mine are more likely

Yes lots of questions . . . hence why the AFL should investigate.

The club have shown they haven't been able to deal adequately with concerns in the past so why would we presume they are now? We now know that both coaches and senior players have expressed concerns years ago, so the AFL IMO have no choice but to investigate the club.

under the agreement struck with wada, the drug tests inlcude the testing of all known masking agents, including Zydot

In some ways I commend your level of naivety, in others ways it horrifies me. Maybe I should correlate your use of the English language and your age - it may explain the naivety.

You clearly do not have an understanding of the chemistry of drugs. Your statements such as

3. Drugs like ice are still detectable in the system months after thier use.

Are clearly incorrect. I'd by quite happy for you to refer me to the pages where you receive such facts from. I'm quite happy to educate you as well as substantiate any claim on half lives of drugs, detectability periods, masking agents, detox programmes and so on.

I'd also love for you to show the masking agents list which are tested for under the WADA test code - which is obviously done by brand name.....

I'm sure I have a Mr T quote for you somewhere.

This may sound a little childish, but say Cousins fought back and in his return game absolutely blitzed it and won the game off his own boot, would he retire a la Jason McCartney after the game?

I know their situations are totally different, but just throwing it out there.

Belgian_Tiger_Army said:
I'd also love for you to show the masking agents list which are tested for under the WADA test code - which is obviously done by brand name.....

The list can be found on page 30 of THIS document - The AFL Anti-doping Code.

And it doesn't look like it is done by brand name - it looks like it is done by chemical name.

It depends on the drug and what the cut of level is.

Good table explaining times at this site

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/laborlaws/l/aa090301_5.htm

That table can be a little misleading though. It's not just the drug itself we are talking about here - it's the side effects/after effects of having taken the drug that can also be detected. The chemical reaction it can have on your body, the detoxification process and how that makes changes to things in your body. By the looks of the drug code, all that sort of stuff is covered - e.g. banning of substances that can reproduce similar/same reactions. So basically if this stuff is going on in your body and is detected you either a) have taken a banned substance that directly causes that reaction or b) you've taken a banned substance that can't be currently detected by has the after affects of your body having this reaction.

That table can be a little misleading though. It's not just the drug itself we are talking about here - it's the side effects/after effects of having taken the drug that can also be detected. The chemical reaction it can have on your body, the detoxification process and how that makes changes to things in your body. By the looks of the drug code, all that sort of stuff is covered - e.g. banning of substances that can reproduce similar/same reactions. So basically if this stuff is going on in your body and is detected you either a) have taken a banned substance that directly causes that reaction or b) you've taken a banned substance that can't be currently detected by has the after affects of your body having this reaction.

Yes agreed and well written, but the question was... "How long do drugs stay in your system?" with regard to testing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list can be found on page 30 of THIS document - The AFL Anti-doping Code.

And it doesn't look like it is done by brand name - it looks like it is done by chemical name.

Thank you for the link. I've been looking for it.

My point on brand names was sarcasm at GoBacktotheVFL - It would be unlikely to have brand names listed for masking agents - the poor kid is clearly pulling arguments out of his backside.

It's also worth noting that certain substances aren't banned - these substances which are available at your local supermarket and health food store have known detoxing properties are listed in the DIY 24 hour detox guide.

Funny how newspaper reports now say that AFL drug testing has got smarter - including lots of post match periods. Why's that? :rolleyes:

Yes agreed and well written, but the question was... "How long do drugs stay in your system?" with regard to testing

No answer to that - it really depends on an individuals metabolism, and how much of the substance went into your body, as well as frequency.

If you want, check out the drug testing section of this site - the definitive site for drug education. Note the clearance times on the site are conservative.

I understand there's spin attached, but i just wanna know why u would say this

I AM CONFIDENT of passing a drug test

?

If u KNOW u'll pass it wouldnt u just say u will ?...why does plausible deniability need to be attached even to footy...sick of this mumbo jumbo.

if u KNOW u havent had anything then its quite alright to say it.

If you dont realise that when a club says "he has a personal and private issue" they mean "he's been high as a kyte for years" then youve got your eye patch on the wrong eye.
Yes

And you still missed the point of my post

emails went around a year ago (if not 2) about WCE merchandise and drug kits. Thats how long the AFL and the WCE in particular have had their heads in the sand regarding these issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins: Rehab an option, but confident on passing drug test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back