Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

And starting in Dec last year !
Pfizer was provisionally approved in Australian by TGA on 25th Jan 2021.
AZ was provisionally approved in Australian by TGA on 16th Feb 2021.

Pfizer was provisionally approved in Australian by TGA on 25th Jan 2021.
AZ was provisionally approved in Australian by TGA on 16th Feb 2021.

After Hunt knocked it back in June 20

Or she is saying hurry up & move your arse & get vaccinated.
It's working. Record vaccination rates when people see that it will be let loose.

Vic will be tbe same. Rates will go up when people realise things will move on.
It seems!

I agree, it's a good first step to get a majority of the people vaccinated. However if life is going to open up at 70% double dose, they aren't going to shut essential services like Coles/Woolies to the unvaccinated. That's almost guaranteeing the unvaccinated being infected by Delta when in contact at those stores

Cos that’s what real leaders do?

Oh that’s right… GB was top 5 for deaths per capita at the time.
With decisive leadership like that, it’s little wonder the states have chosen their own paths.
I think you'll find I was talking about the AZ vaccine which is what GB used & we followed that path.

The WA path chosen by that 'leader' seems A1!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

The double dose dates keep getting pushed back in VIC even though our vacc rates are high.

Should note this is PURELY down to supply issue. Alot of people can't get a first booking at the moment (so no 2nd) and there's still alot of people who have had their first and can't get a booking for the 2nd.

Sort it out Federal.

The double dose dates keep getting pushed back in VIC even though our vacc rates are high.

Should note this is PURELY down to supply issue. Alot of people can't get a first booking at the moment (so no 2nd) and there's still alot of people who have had their first and can't get a booking for the 2nd.

Sort it out Federal.
A couple of weeks ago there were almost 2 million Vaxzevria doses available in Victoria, unused. I doubt anyone can't get a booking, unless they are brand shopping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of weeks ago there were almost 2 million Vaxzevria doses available in Victoria, unused. I doubt anyone can't get a booking, unless they are brand shopping.
It's not AZ thats the issue. Thats such a small % that has taken up AZ it doesn't affect hitting targets as much as Pfizer is. The amount of my mates and work mates that didn't get AZ when they could have. Waited till Pfizer. And that's just me.

Plenty of people in VIC still dont want a vaccine at all or 'want to see the side effects' as if that evidence hasnt been available for nearly a year.

Blows my mind how many people are supposedly miserable with lockdown then refuse to even try to get vaccinated.

Wanting to not catch COVID and still taking it seriously has become a shunnable opinion here.

Sort it out Federal.

Don't get sucked in.
Plenty AZ available.
Heaps of younger people I know have chosen that.

Including members of my staff & family.
No place for playing politics in such times.
Today Dan got up & told Victorians if we had 80% double dose vaccinated people back in March, then we wouldn't be in lockdown now.
Only until very recently has there been a country in the whole world that's been double vaccinated at 80%.

An impossibility yet Dan's gone there for the true believers.

Don't get sucked in.
Plenty AZ available.
Heaps of younger people I know have chosen that.
I know there's plenty of AZ. I didn't say there wasn't...

I said supply is the issue...of Pfizer. I know a tonne of people who waited for Pfizer. My GP said they have a tonne of AZ that hasn't been taken up.

I know there's plenty of AZ. I didn't say there wasn't...

I said supply is the issue...of Pfizer. I know a tonne of people who waited for Pfizer. My GP said they have a tonne of AZ that hasn't been taken up.
So lack of vaccines isn't the problem. The political games of trying to make the feds look bad over AZ 'punt' is why we have a reluctance.
That's what I call a disgrace by politicians.

So lack of vaccines isn't the problem. The political games of trying to make the feds look bad over AZ 'punt' is why we have a reluctance.
That's what I call a disgrace by politicians.
It's both. Its the lack of Pfizer supply....and initial political drama around AZ only being advised for the over 60, then it was over 40, then it was everyone over 18. Then it was all the media hysterics about why AZ can kill you and Pfizer can't. Then it was Scomo's unfair distribution of Pfizer resulting in NSW shooting ahead in the Vax rates. It's a culmination of everything. But there is one certainty, and that is that Victoria currently is in dire need of Pfizer. Like I said, there's a tonne of people who have had their first dose who have not been able to book their second dose. And then there's a tonne of people with family doctor's etc who have told them to get Pfizer, so they have listened, but cannot get Pfizer right now.

It's both. Its the lack of Pfizer supply....and initial political drama around AZ only being advised for the over 60, then it was over 40, then it was everyone over 18. Then it was all the media hysterics about why AZ can kill you and Pfizer can't. Then it was Scomo's unfair distribution of Pfizer resulting in NSW shooting ahead in the Vax rates. It's a culmination of everything. But there is one certainty, and that is that Victoria currently is in dire need of Pfizer. Like I said, there's a tonne of people who have had their first dose who have not been able to book their second dose. And then there's a tonne of people with family doctor's etc who have told them to get Pfizer, so they have listened, but cannot get Pfizer right now.
They'll be right.

Intetesting following what's happening OS.
Turns out Pfizer will need that third shot after 6 months as it wears off.
It's all a new world. Better our leaders stick together to get through this.
No matter what party. People that are doing it tough, either in business, students kids etc, etc want to be given hope.
Shit happens but blaming this person or that person to 'improve' their own situation is what has pissed me off these last 18 months.

Anyway.
What do I know? People out there are hurting.

Intetesting following what's happening OS.
Turns out Pfizer will need that third shot after 6 months as it wears off.
It's all a new world. Better our leaders stick together to get through this.
No matter what party. People that are doing it tough, either in business, students kids etc, etc want to be given hope.
sh*t happens but blaming this person or that person to 'improve' their own situation is what has pissed me off these last 18 months.

Anyway.
What do I know? People out there are hurting.
I was never particularly putting blame on someone. But there's some major reasons why our target dates are now being pushed back and there are some major factors in that.

At the end of the day, the whole country re opening is based off hitting targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Back