Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a race , you can't defend that Greg Hunt

It is for people losing jobs, businesses and homes. The only people not struggling from this economically are long time welfare collectors. They don't know the difference. Their welfare payments have not decreased in fact they were given bonuses last year when this first hit.

It is for people losing jobs, businesses and homes. The only people not struggling from this economically are long time welfare collectors. They don't know the difference. Their welfare payments have not decreased in fact they were given bonuses last year when this first hit.
I'm just saying what Morrison said , we had the chance to get the 1st dose in Dec/Jan. I see Cricket Vic now looking at players to have a least 1 jab to play locally . It's going to be the way .

With NSW opening up despite the spread of the Delta Virus, I think all our players can expect a 2022 on the Road Again (cue Canned heat). Retention is difficult, let alone persuading players to come to us. I imagine a lot of kids who would hope to be drafted by us will watch our picks with trepidation.

With NSW opening up despite the spread of the Delta Virus, I think all our players can expect a 2022 on the Road Again (cue Canned heat). Retention is difficult, let alone persuading players to come to us. I imagine a lot of kids who would hope to be drafted by us will watch our picks with trepidation.
Probs not the right thread. There is a COVID one.

Probs not the right thread. There is a COVID one.

Nope it is the right thread. I expect our mob and the Giants can expect a difficult 2022 because they live in NSW.

True. Different approaches from the two governments. Vic listens to science, NSW to News Ltd.

Yeah its been amazing living in Melbourne the past 18 months.

I think COVID being used as an excuse for players leaving clubs is a nonsense. Otherwise you would have a mass exodus from Victorian clubs as they have been more locked down and restricted than anyone.

Last edited:
If the current science thinking is that we won't achieve herd immunity and everyone everywhere will ultimately get this virus, the risk it seems to be getting it when your immune system is least likely to respond. We can't afford to become infected when the vaccinations effectiveness wears off. The timing of boosters is critical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Failures of Sco Mo (too busy doing nuke sub deals with other crim countres) to acquire sufficient vaccine supplies and Bin Chicken's negligence in NSW have really wacked our Club and the Giants for that matter.

Reckon we lose LoMac next year through no fault of the Club. Like Dawson it is what is what it is in shyteful times. Think there will be a serious exodus next year.

Yep you will be at front of the queue bagging him ...'good riddance to bad rubbish'... 'over rated' etc. Rinse and repeat the Mitchell and Allir invective.

(At least I only reserve my raised eyebrows at why we kept Grohan so long)

Next year Sydney will be a team by name but not location. I doubt there will be home games. Addledville is likely to be freer. SA Players will see their partners and spend more time in their own homes.

This year we had a number of players with young families or partners expecting bubs. Incredibly hard circumstances. I expect Dawson's long term partner may have had a 50/50 say in the stay or go. If they were looking ahead to starting a family, I expect Addledville would be more attractive.
I'm more than confident that come the start of the season next year, we will be living with covid. By that time the country will be 85-90% vaccinated and living a normal life without lockdowns and border closures. Those who who have chosen not to get vaxxed will be the #only ones needing hospitalisation. #Very small minority of vaxxed may also need this.
As a result I totally disagree with your premise.

Last edited:
I'm more than confident that come the start of the season next year, we will be living with covid. By that time the country will be 85-90% vaccinated and living a normal life without lockdowns and border closures. Those who who chosen not to get vaxxed will be the #only ones needing hospitalisation. #Very small minority of vaxxed may also need this.
As a result I totally disagree with your premise.

Ireland has 90% vaxx rates and still high high infection and death rates.

Sure, go the Lord of the Flies route.

In any other year I would agree with much of this. However I do not believe there would be one keen young player who would relish being drafted by us.

We are outside odds to play home games in the 1s and our 2s may again struggle to function. This is one reason I would keep heart and soul Sinkers and the CORs of the Club.
The Failures of Sco Mo (too busy doing nuke sub deals with other crim countres) to acquire sufficient vaccine supplies and Bin Chicken's negligence in NSW have really wacked our Club and the Giants for that matter.

Reckon we lose LoMac next year through no fault of the Club. Like Dawson it is what is what it is in shyteful times. Think there will be a serious exodus next year.
Im sure draftees would be keen to be picked by the Swans... And the Swans will be keen to pick them (what ever that means ??)
Im just saying, that 2021 draftees will have extra time to develop due to next years 2nd and 3rd players pushing for selection.. And thats a good thing.

Also, Reckon NSW borders will be well n truly open by Christmas (already at 70% vax rate). Vic & QLD will be the same. So the VFL / ECFL should be full steam ahead next year.
SA & WA might be a bit behind, but because the bulk of the teams are from Vic/NSW/QLD.. The Comp will be run over East if necessary and infront of crowds. Sa & WA might lose
Logan stays and plays 250 games for the Swans (plays in 3 grannys for 2 flags)

I am an old public health person, so I look to science rather than the Sydney Telly or Sky.

Personally I am sick to the back teeth of the personal abuse from craven Club bootlickers I cop for having opinions that differ.

You can **** off

Reckon we lose LoMac next year through no fault of the Club. Like Dawson it is what is what it is in sshyteful times. Think there will be a serious exodus next year.
So we fail keeping players because of the Libs?
FMD.

The rest of Europe are not having this issue. They are still having huge numbers of covid positive cases but now only 10% of hospitalisations and an even lower % of deaths than 12 months ago.
Sure, there are still plenty of people catching covid as the total success rate of NOT getting covid is around 85%. But, of those 15% who may still get it, less than 10% of those are likely to need hospitalisation.
As a result, there will be a lot of vaxxinated people walking around the streets who are covid positive and they will pass it on to those who have not been vaccinated.
It may sound cruel, but I have little sympathy for those who refuse to help themselves.
It's sad to see that you seem to be our prophet of doom.

Last edited:

73% fully vaccinated. Get your facts straight. 7 day rolling average is 3 deaths a day isnt great but hardly high death rates. If Aus is at 85% we'll be living a relatively "normal" life and the good news is that we'll be able to get to the SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Back